Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 10:58 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I didn't change the variable though. I just showed what the median home value is, which happens to be lower than the variable. There is a difference.
NY needs to legalize marijuana, cause you need to chill. Its cheaper to live in the South. Its all good, accept it. NY is still a great state. They just need to get their fiscal house in order a little better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 11:24 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
NY needs to legalize marijuana, cause you need to chill. Its cheaper to live in the South. Its all good, accept it. NY is still a great state. They just need to get their fiscal house in order a little better.
And what exactly is wrong with NY's fiscal house?

NY has the 4th largest population, the largest snow removal bill, a very busy international border, and the country's most populated city.

Please enlighten me as to the status of NY's fiscal house.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
And what exactly is wrong with NY's fiscal house?

NY has the 4th largest population, the largest snow removal bill, a very busy international border, and the country's most populated city.

Please enlighten me as to the status of NY's fiscal house.
No, I'm not going to do that. You got it all figured out, so look into it yourself.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not going to do that. You got it all figured out, so look into it yourself.
Like I'm supposed to believe a baseless post that is a result of right-wing propaganda.

NY's fiscal house isn't any worse than any other state. It has the 4th largest population (and the largest state that receives a noticeable winter), so it has a lot of bills to pay. All of the large states face budgetary problems. It is due to large demands.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Like I'm supposed to believe a baseless post that is a result of right-wing propaganda.

NY's fiscal house isn't any worse than any other state. It has the 4th largest population (and the largest state that receives a noticeable winter), so it has a lot of bills to pay. All of the large states face budgetary problems. It is due to large demands.
That is precious. Yep, me and Rush Limbaugh hang out all the time.

Dude, get a grip. You're throwing out accusations based on 80 posts and you don't know anyone here. I'm about as right wing as Bill Maher.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:44 PM

93,313 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
I don't need to do anything. I'm just telling you what I said. Perhaps, this latest outburst may be a sign that you may need to chill out about something that is so nickel and dime and have so many factors to consider, that its not even funny. Just enjoy where you live, man.

Also, you still haven't proved your point, but there has been information that shows the opposite.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 02-25-2014 at 01:54 PM..

Old 02-25-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I don't need to do anything. I'm just telling you what I said. Perhaps, this latest outburst may be a sign that you may need to chill out about something that is so nickel and dime and have so many factors to consider, that its not even funny. Just enjoy where you live, man.

Also, you still haven't proved your point, but there has been information that shows the opposite.
Everything you posted so far has sadly been disproven. It's ok, its really not a big deal. I'm super chill and I like where I live, I also like New York State, not the northside of Syracuse per say, but other Upstate regions for sure.

I'm hoping to return there someday and maybe buy a house in Fayetteville or one of the other towns I like up there. We can be neighbors! And maybe then we can chill out, go to Dinosaur and have some ribs and a beer, and discuss our differences.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
That is precious. Yep, me and Rush Limbaugh hang out all the time.

Dude, get a grip. You're throwing out accusations based on 80 posts and you don't know anyone here. I'm about as right wing as Bill Maher.
That is what I would expect out of a baseless claim that somehow New York needs to get its fiscal house in order, especially from someone promoting North Carolina like you are.

If it wasn't meant to be that way, I apologize. However, most people complaining about NY taxes (other liberal states too) try to use "fiscal house in order" statements to hint that other states are some how more responsible with your finances.

In reality, all of the states, especially the populated ones, have serious budget issues. Luckily for us, New York has proven to be willing to take a balanced tax and cut approach to resolve deficits.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:24 PM

93,313 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Everything you posted so far has sadly been disproven. It's ok, its really not a big deal. I'm super chill and I like where I live, I also like New York State, not the northside of Syracuse per say, but other Upstate regions for sure.

I'm hoping to return there someday and maybe buy a house in Fayetteville or one of the other towns I like up there. We can be neighbors! And maybe then we can chill out, go to Dinosaur and have some ribs and a beer, and discuss our differences.
No it hasn't, but whatever. I will say that it is close in terms of overall COL.

Anyway, Dinosaur disappointed me the last time. I'd probably go with some good Chicken Tenders from Tully's and watch a game on the many screens. Perhaps some Alto Cinco, Las Delicias or Asahi on Westcott or one of the many Italian spots. I don't drink, by the way.

You may like something like this, by the way: Cicero Real Estate - 9444 Peregrin Lane, Cicero, NY, 13029

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 02-25-2014 at 04:36 PM..

Old 02-25-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
No it hasn't, but whatever. I will say that it is close in terms of overall COL.

Anyway, Dinosaur disappointed me the last time. I'd probably go with some good Chicken Tenders from Tully's and watch a game on the many screens. Perhaps some Alto Cinco, Las Delicias or Asahi on Westcott or one of the many Italian spots. I don't drink, by the way.

You may like something like this, by the way: Cicero Real Estate - 9444 Peregrin Lane, Cicero, NY, 13029
Ok. Fair enough. I'm backing off now because I'm getting too fiesty (but having fun) on this website and it can only get me in trouble. I've been warned already by the moderators (not in regard to you). So, I'll agree to disagree on the COL issue.

Decent house for the price (and I won't delve into the taxes), but probably not my area. When or if the time comes, it will definitely be in a lower snow area, south of the Thruway, and I still have an affinity for Queensbury / Glens Falls area.

Signing off....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York