U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-28-2010, 03:22 PM

6 posts, read 8,693 times
Default Relocating from England to NYC and commuting to Stamford…

Hello,
I may potentially be relocating from London,England to my company’s offices in Stamford CT. Ideally I would like to live somewhere in or very close to New York City and then commute. I'm only in the preliminary stages of my research but was hoping someone could let me know whether this is a viable plan?

I understand I could potentially commute by train (my companies officers are only a few mins walk from the train station in Stamford) but I’m trying to find out which areas of NY would be best to look at if I was going to commute by train?

Thanks very much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Status: "Game recognized game from the start" (set 26 days ago)

30,410 posts, read 35,161,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideSlip_34 View Post
Hello,
I may potentially be relocating from London,England to my company’s offices in Stamford CT. Ideally I would like to live somewhere in or very close to New York City and then commute. I'm only in the preliminary stages of my research but was hoping someone could let me know whether this is a viable plan?

I understand I could potentially commute by train (my companies officers are only a few mins walk from the train station in Stamford) but I’m trying to find out which areas of NY would be best to look at if I was going to commute by train?

Thanks very much.
I would post this in the Westchester County forum, as that would be the place to look for something in between NYC and Stamford. Maybe something like Larchmont, Mamaroneck or Rye would be good.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York