Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 AM

520 posts, read 1,006,559 times

Advertisements

Wow. After those comments, I guess I should have brought a Honda.

I just had it started up for over 20 minutes. The smoke dissipated, but may have been still slightly coming out of the exhaust as a white/light gray. Also, I moved it and the speed seemed to go faster, but I did not drive it too far or push the motor too much as the Service Engine Soon light is still on. But, it was moving pretty good. And, the tow truck has come and took it away. Now, the waiting game begins.

I will keep you guys posted on what's going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 09:11 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
Every automaker has their issues. As long as you are happy with the car, I wouldn't second guess your choice. I'm guessing you were 100% satisfied up till this point. If it is the CVT and it gets fixed, you should get plenty more life out of the car. As for the white smoke, given the temperatures and the moisture in the air, it's completely normal.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
I did some reading up, and things look a little grim. I'ld get this to a dealer asap, and pray warrenty is still good.
Do not delay, as time is everything.

When it's fixed sell it Right Now!

This is one reason I gave up working on cars. Everyone is a dreamer, and they play with CAD, and experiement with retail buyers, and their money.

Ouch.....

NGoat, didn't used to be like it is now. One great example might be the old, very old 1960's Volvo, with a B 18 engine, and a 4 speed stick tranny.
They were so simple it was almost impossible to have anything really go wrong. These days you buy a 40,000 dollar car and 36,000 dollars of it has nothing to do with making it go.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,982 times
Hi last week on Thanksgiving day our 2004 Murano stop accelerating, we were doing 80 and it slowed down to 5 mph with gas peddle all the way down, Now we were 191 miles from home and the car would only do between 2 and 5mhp! I stop and start it but the car now shakes and the RPM will some times only get up to 2K in park and does the same thing while driving at 2 or 3 MPH. The engine makes loud sounds like a bad muffler when I accelerate.

Last edited by philmode; 12-06-2013 at 11:38 PM..

Old 05-12-2014, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,818 times
My 2004 Murano, 160K intermittent acceleration problems after driving for a while. No response when accelerating from a stop. Push down, will move a few feet for about 5 seconds the "catches" then accelerates fast. Very dangerous when entering traffic! Will also do this @ other speeds. Doesn't do this when engine is cold & not every day.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,566 times
I have the same problem starts fine but can't go like its running at idle speed when you full it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti