Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 08:56 AM

45 posts, read 70,412 times

Advertisements

After reading article regarding Nissan quality build , makes sense why their vehicles are turning into crap. The article is from 3/20/15 it"s at AutoGuide.com ....titled - How Nissan is working to improve it"s quality. The biggest thing that popped out to me is the fact that they admit that they only tested their CVT transmissions until 100k miles.. What the hell ? People wonder if a cvt can last ,and Nissan can"t even run testing for longer than 100k . most people now days keep a vehicle well past that. Oh sure now with the new Murano they tested it longer ,but point is ALL previous vehicles were not .I mean all Nissan"s. And now it makes you wonder and realize all the garbage quality and recalls that happen are probably because lack of prolonged testing .. just not Nissan alone . 30-40k for throw away tin cans ... Heck , basically all you have now days is a go-kart with a lap top..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 02:26 PM

17,118 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Drove a 2008 Altima 2.5 from 2008 to 2013. Got up to 220k miles (commute to school and work was 98 miles one way at the time.)
Never had any issues, other than a whine after driving for extended periods of time at high speeds at 119k.
I did my research, changed the fluid (myself) and the noise went away.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:36 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,373,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
What happened to Nissan?
Such a great company is now about as low on the totem pole as Chrysler
Whoa !!....now let's not get crazy

Old 03-30-2015, 12:19 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,569,273 times
Just hit 50k miles on my wife's 2012 Nissan rogue and so far so good. Had one minor issue with the cvt whining at 38k miles but a quick cvt fluid change solved it.

I don't think reliability is as much an issue as getting use to the feeling of a cvt although newer versions are coming with simulated gear ****s to mimic the characteristics of a conventional auto.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:33 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,005,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten years after View Post
After reading article regarding Nissan quality build , makes sense why their vehicles are turning into crap. The article is from 3/20/15 it"s at AutoGuide.com ....titled - How Nissan is working to improve it"s quality. The biggest thing that popped out to me is the fact that they admit that they only tested their CVT transmissions until 100k miles.. What the hell ? People wonder if a cvt can last ,and Nissan can"t even run testing for longer than 100k . most people now days keep a vehicle well past that. Oh sure now with the new Murano they tested it longer ,but point is ALL previous vehicles were not .I mean all Nissan"s. And now it makes you wonder and realize all the garbage quality and recalls that happen are probably because lack of prolonged testing .. just not Nissan alone . 30-40k for throw away tin cans ... Heck , basically all you have now days is a go-kart with a lap top..
"30-40k for throw away tin cans". I'm beginning to agree with that statement. Even though I have been a lifelong Nissan guy the more time goes by the more I'm beginning to feel this way.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:05 PM

126 posts, read 206,543 times
30k - 03 altima, nothin yet

Old 07-16-2018, 06:24 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,955,874 times
It's been 3 yrs since anyone's posted here & I've reviving it because...

I have a 2009 Nissan Rogue that's losing/decreasing acceleration after about 2+ hrs of highway driving. Yesterday, I drove 3.5 hrs of surface street & highway driving. When in my last 20-30 min of driving (highway), I couldn't get higher than 60 mph anymore. It was scary getting slower & slower when my foot's on the pedal & I'm pressing down more to try to get it to move! This is the 1st time this scary incident happened.

ALSO, if that's not bad enough, another scary thing that's happened a handful of times now was when I was finally getting off the freeway offramp. After finally stopping on the red light, then trying to move again, it wouldn't move for several seconds w/ my foot pressing down on the pedal & this happened for the rest of the 5 more stoplights till I got home. It was dangerous & very scary, but I made it into my garage, thank God! I'll have to see what I'll have to do about this. I don't really have extra $$$ lying around, but something has to be done NOW!

I Googled my problem & the 1st thing I clicked on has this link apparently of numerous people having the same problem. Looks like cars with CVT transmissions are no good. Many have called the Nissan dealership without getting help. A petition is also going around for drivers to sign.

Has this same thing happened to anyone & if so, what did you do?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...31559_ds550083

- AND -

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...57261_ds925462

Old 07-16-2018, 09:09 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,471,538 times
What timing thanks for posting that. I was considering getting an Altima soon but remembered this thread. I already have tranny problems on my Camry don't need more.

GF has Rogue on lease and she had no engine/tranny problems but the GPS was schizo when she first bought it they had to have it completely reprogrammed/replaced because it was so innaccurate, now it is fine.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:12 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
Try changing the fluid. It’s only good for about 60k miles.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:16 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
My son has had a brand new '16 Altima. I have driven it and there is no problem. The CVT is just fine. My other son has a Q50 that I suspect has the CVT too. No issues there either. People often repeat what they read on the internet and pass it on as their personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti