U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 11:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y04185 View Post
My wife's 1998 Nissan Sentra has an anti-freeze leak. It leaks on the front passenger side. I have not been able to find the location of the leak. I have had the car pressure tester and no leaks.

The leak appears overnight or after the car has been driven and sits for several hours. The car sat recently for two weeks and the puddle got larger.

Any suggestions as to where the leak is coming from?

Are you using regular or synthetic coolant? Synthetic is thinner, so any gasket not designed for sythn will leak faster than regular.
It might not be anti freeze; it could be power steering fluid, or the rad. hoses are cuting into the hose and leaking there and the souurce isn,t visible although the hose clamps would be wet and dripping.
Take it to a Radiator shop, not a one shop fixes all shop. Last resort take be a reputable dealer; have them run a VIN check, there might be a recall for that problem. If not a Nissan daler works on Nissans, not Toyotas, Hyundais, Fords, Chevys, etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 06:44 PM

885 posts, read 4,250,658 times
Synthetic coolant??? Please elaborate! All coolant is synthetic. I really hope you didnt buy into something that a snake oil sale man was filling you full of.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti