Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:09 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Looks are subjective. Sure, rice up a car and make it look sporty if that's your thing. But like I said, if you want a car that handles more like a sports car, the Altima is better choice hands down. If you want a quieter, softer ride, choose the Camry.
the camry se handles like a real sports car. It has the racing styled sits with a sporty looking trasmission, and it comes with paddle shifters.

and quite frankly the camry se v6 is preety darn quick and quicker then a altima when using those sexy paddle shifters .

the sporty versions of the camry, sonata, and optima roll over the altima. The altima looks like a bubble.

its not my thing to hook up cars i really dont have the time for that i like to buy cars that are stocked sporty but i get exactly what your saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 02:22 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
the camry se handles like a real sports car. It has the racing styled sits with a sporty looking trasmission, and it comes with paddle shifters.

and quite frankly the camry se v6 is preety darn quick and quicker then a altima when using those sexy paddle shifters .

the sporty versions of the camry, sonata, and optima roll over the altima. The altima looks like a bubble.

its not my thing to hook up cars i really dont have the time for that i like to buy cars that are stocked sporty but i get exactly what your saying.
Why get a Camry then? If you want a sporty car, get a sporty car. I don't have it anymore, but my first car when I got my license was a stock Lexus IS300. I got that because I wanted a sporty car that performs and was fun to drive. Choosing a Camry or Altima to meet those needs is plain stupid.

Looks of a car are subjective. I don't understand why you don't get that.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:37 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
its pretty clear that some people on this board to not know anything about car trims. i suggest some of you people go to your local toyota dealers and sit in a camry se v4 or v6, and then sit in a camry le, xle, hybrid and youlll spot the differences.

BTW the altima coupe is hideous, and the truth of the matter is their are more people who are fans of a camry se then a "supposidly" sporty altima. Well at least in new york city, new jersey , and CT for that matter.

btw anyone hear a fan of the hyundai genesis coupe . i dont like coupes but thats the real idea of a nice asian coupe unlike the sorry altima coupe
V4? You fail!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Nycjoww must be a fan of bolt on plastic "go fast" trim pieces.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:46 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
V4? You fail!
I can't believe I missed that! Good catch. Throws nycjowww's integrity out the window.

I hate it when people who come in these forums and pretend to know about cars and give people advice.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:23 AM

243 posts, read 547,357 times
Quote:
Camry's a fine car, but it doesn't handle like a sports car. Not a contemporary sports car anyway. I've never heard of even the SE trim praised for exceptional handling.

2012 Toyota Camry Review from Edmunds:

2012 Toyota Camry

Quote:
Toyota has also set out to address a long-running complaint about the Camry being boring to drive. Suspension improvements have been made to enliven the Camry's handling dynamics and make the ride more composed. It's not entirely effective -- numb steering and a general disconnected feel make the Camry a less desirable car to drive than most rivals. The exception to this is the SE, which isn't so much a sport model, but rather the one that manages to bring the Camry's driving dynamics up to par for the class.

On the bright side, this new Camry feels more alert, with a more refined suspension that feels less floaty and disconnected. Still, we highly recommend the SE. It's not exactly what we'd call sporty, but its dynamics do feel more in line with the handling and responsiveness of its best rivals.
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 Review from Autoblog:

2012 Toyota Camry SE V6

Quote:
While the suspension in the SE feels firmer than in other, lower-grade Camrys we've driven, there's plenty of body roll and the front end will still readily wash out under hard cornering. The Camry's new electric power steering system doesn't provide much feedback and the brakes are merely adequate, with a hard pedal that inspires little confidence during panic stops. Driving the SE in anger is only going to leave you feeling more angry, as it's no sport sedan.
2013 Nissan Altima Review from Edmunds:

2013 Nissan Altima

Quote:
The Altima has long held a reputation for being one of the more rewarding cars to drive among family sedans, and the redesigned 2013 Altima continues this legacy. The new Altima has a revised steering system this year, and feel and feedback thankfully remain accurate and consistent, reassuring the driver during tricky and delicate maneuvers. The steering combines with a retuned rear suspension that tightly controls body motions and also helps the Altima corner with more assurance.
2013 Nissan Altima First Drive Impressions from Autoblog:

2013 Nissan Altima

Quote:
As before, the Altima quickly outs itself as one of the best-handling cars in the segment, with well-controlled primary and secondary impacts and nicely snubbed body control. The 2012 Altima was no slouch in the handling department, but could feel stiff-legged at times (particularly the V6). This new generation feels both better connected and more composed, with minimal body roll and a pleasingly firm comportment.
While I quoted impressions of the 2013 Altima, it's clear that the 2012 model has garnered some praise for handling as well.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:36 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times
N
Quote:
its pretty clear that some people on this board to not know anything about car trims. i suggest some of you people go to your local toyota dealers and sit in a camry se v4 or v6, and then sit in a camry le, xle, hybrid and youlll spot the differences.

BTW the altima coupe is hideous, and the truth of the matter is their are more people who are fans of a camry se then a "supposidly" sporty altima. Well at least in new york city, new jersey , and CT for that matter.

btw anyone hear a fan of the hyundai genesis coupe . i dont like coupes but thats the real idea of a nice asian coupe unlike the sorry altima coupe
I guarantee you that my altima coupe is more sport than your family sedan. Camrys are the Walmart of automobiles.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
N

I guarantee you that my altima coupe is more sport than your family sedan. Camrys are the Walmart of automobiles.
The Camry SE is faster and sportier than the Altima fake G35 wanna be coupe. I know it makes heads explode but its true.

The new Altima looks like a better version of the Infinity M37.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti