U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 03:13 AM

843 posts, read 1,321,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Fox View Post
^ so let me get this right, you gave judgment of the Fiesta because of reviews, you have never driven one and didn't even disclose in your post that you have never drove one?
I've rented a Fiesta in Los Angeles and I hate it. It's not even good enough for local drive.

My previous car is Saturn L200, comfortable ride with enough power and space for me, but not reliable enough. I've tried Nissan sentra and Ford Focus, they are decent cars but less comfortable than Saturn L.

By the way, I don't need amenities such like backup camera or leather seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 AM

48 posts, read 76,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post
I've rented a Fiesta in Los Angeles and I hate it. It's not even good enough for local drive.

My previous car is Saturn L200, comfortable ride with enough power and space for me, but not reliable enough. I've tried Nissan sentra and Ford Focus, they are decent cars but less comfortable than Saturn L.

To be clear (just in case) I was actually replying to BeauCharles

Old 04-20-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
That hasn't been true for quite a few yew years now. Lots of people lease cars short term and turn them in because they want the newest latest thing or some other superficial reason. Just go to a reputable (ha ha) dealership and look for certified or off lease vehicles.
What about owners who sell their 2012 cars on craigslist?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 AM

1,787 posts, read 4,798,087 times
I have an older Versa and it's been a good car and I have no complaints; the vehicle does what it's supposed to do...it never breaks down and has been affordable to own. If you're looking for power, then this isn't the car for you. For similar money I would suggest trying the new 2013 Nissan Sentra, although I don't know if the seats are as large as the Versa's.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 AM

48 posts, read 76,058 times
Quote:
What about owners who sell their 2012 cars on craigslist?
divorce
lost job and they want to sell before the repo man shows up
job promotion/new job so they are trading up to a better car (and don't want to get loose money by trading in)
job/new job gives theme a company car
family expanding due to wife being pregnant
buyers remorse
etc etc...

and of course, there could be issues with the car and they want to let it off; I read a thread on a Ford Fusion forum, person was having intermittent shifting problems with his 2011 Fusion (not entirely uncommon), so he sold it without disclosing the issue; car drove GREAT during the test drive, so yeah pretty shaddy

Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Fox View Post
divorce
lost job and they want to sell before the repo man shows up
job promotion/new job so they are trading up to a better car (and don't want to get loose money by trading in)
job/new job gives theme a company car
family expanding due to wife being pregnant
buyers remorse
etc etc...

and of course, there could be issues with the car and they want to let it off; I read a thread on a Ford Fusion forum, person was having intermittent shifting problems with his 2011 Fusion (not entirely uncommon), so he sold it without disclosing the issue; car drove GREAT during the test drive, so yeah pretty shaddy
That's what I'm worried about. I can only rely on a car inspection to avoid rip-off.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:04 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,300,251 times
Quote:

What's wrong with the older generation Accord?

Old 04-20-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
What's wrong with the older generation Accord?
Older cars may require more repairs and maintenance.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 AM

13,438 posts, read 15,041,010 times
Chevy Cruze, maybe?

As far as comfort in the econo class, it's towards the top. If you're primarily concerned with that, I don't think the Mazda3 is really what you want to be looking at. Imo, it's excessively noisy on the freeway... also it's developing a pretty serious case of the rattles. That's really my only two complaints. Pretty good gas mileage (I have the 2.3, the new 2.0 has almost as much hp/torque as the old 2.3 and much better mileage), reliable, seats are good for me anyway, handles well, practical. Of course, compared to a Fit/Versa, the Mazda3 IS more comfortable. One of the reasons I went with it. I found the Focus to be more comfortable than the Mazda3, however.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 AM

6,681 posts, read 11,896,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
A few years ago a friend of mine flew into Denver and we planned to take my truck to the X Games in Aspen the following day. That evening, my serpentine belt snapped and left my truck dead in the street. I needed to figure out the cheapest way to make the trip, so I rented a Nissan Versa. We had all our bags in the trunk, each snowboard standing vertical in the back seat, and the two of us in front, rubbing elbows. We drove 100 miles each way on a snowpacked highway and the car performed flawlessly!

I'd never buy one, but I can attest to them being good cars. Although we felt pretty gay.

I have driven a few of them. They were ok cars for getting around town, and I guess it depends on who is driving them. What they need in a car, and the type of performance they need from a car. I don't know what the gay comment is suppose to mean describing this car. However like I said. How one likes the car will depend on the person themselves, and their expectations from a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti