U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:13 PM

48 posts, read 76,324 times

Advertisements

The Sonic and Cruze are nice, so is the Focus. American automakers have greatly improved their compact/sub-compact cars over the last couple years.

Keep a note that the base Cruze and Focus have cheaper interiors, particularly the seats. If you move up to higher trim lines (Focus SEL, Cruze LT ...) you will receive a much nicer higher quality cloth seats. The downside is it will cost you (unless buying used).

There is also the Honda Fit, but the one I drove a few years back had too much wind/road noise for my comfort; not unusual for Honda. They may have improved that on newer Fits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 01:32 AM

3,060 posts, read 4,371,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Fox View Post
^ so let me get this right, you gave judgment of the Fiesta because of reviews, you have never driven one and didn't even disclose in your post that you have never drove one?
That was some major conclusion-jumping you just did. I didn't judge anything. The OP said he didn't like a rental Fiesta, the person I quoted wondered why and I offered up the only reason I could think of which was the almost universal complaints in reviews (professional and user) about the DCT. Other than that reviewers seemed to like almost everything about it.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:35 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,872,047 times
The Versa has not held up as well as most Nissans. It is made in Mexico, and this year has a smaller (1.6) liter engine, instead of last year's 1.8. My daughter has a 2011 Versa, and it is a fair car. I would buy a Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent, Mazda 2, or even a Kia Rio over a Versa. The only cars I would buy a Versa over is any Detroit 3 vehicle.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:01 PM

794 posts, read 792,415 times
Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but I was curious if anyone still has their Versa after these years? Specifically I am curious about their longevity, let's say up to and past 100k miles...I know the automatic CVT has some issues, but I'm thinking (hoping) that a stripped Versa S with standard transmission could be a reliable long term vehicle for put-put city driving...Any thoughts?

Old 07-25-2018, 06:33 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,862,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
I wouldn't buy a car off Craigslist anyway. Like I said a large,reputable dealership with certified off lease cars.
Off Craigslist.

Just purchased a 2009 Versa sedan base with automatic transmission and 119,000 miles. $2,750.00. No rust and clean. No accidents/paint work. From original owner. No repairs needed. Car all checked out by my local mechanic.

Quite comfortable for a cheap car. Quite peppy for a small engine car. Drives straight and smooth on highway.

I guess all is an attitude.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:43 PM

7,819 posts, read 5,379,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Off Craigslist.

Just purchased a 2009 Versa sedan base with automatic transmission and 119,000 miles. $2,750.00. No rust and clean. No accidents/paint work. From original owner. No repairs needed. Car all checked out by my local mechanic.

Quite comfortable for a cheap car. Quite peppy for a small engine car. Drives straight and smooth on highway.

I guess all is an attitude.
I once bought a REBUILT 2005 Maxima with a 6spd transmission with 150,000 miles for $1,800 off Craigslist. Best car purchase I ever made. The car ran great, lasted me a solid 100,000+ miles of sheer abuse, and was very comfortable inside. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 07-29-2018, 02:19 AM

355 posts, read 487,919 times
Default Got another Versa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but I was curious if anyone still has their Versa after these years? Specifically I am curious about their longevity, let's say up to and past 100k miles...I know the automatic CVT has some issues, but I'm thinking (hoping) that a stripped Versa S with standard transmission could be a reliable long term vehicle for put-put city driving...Any thoughts?
When my 2009 Versa got totalled a couple of weeks ago I was depressed... loved that car... had it since 2011 and it had about 100,000 miles and I had no complaints.

I started looking online for a 2011 Versa, because their major model change happened in 2012 and I hate to get the first year of a redesign because they have yet to work out the bugs, and the continuously variable transmission was awful, I hear. Anyway, a local used car dealer had a 2016 in stock for only $8,900! Well, we went and checked it out and it was a fleet car that had cranked up 50,000 miles in 2 years, AND it was an S model (I call it S for standard; my husband calls it S for stripped - no magic key fob and automatic windows on this one). Took it out for a drive and looking down, the shifter had gears - Yes the plain vanilla automatic, no CVT. So I bought it!

For 8 years I loved my 2009. I expect to love my 2016 just as well.

Last edited by Jeanie Beanie; 07-29-2018 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti