U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 09:52 AM

40 posts, read 17,716 times

Advertisements

I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S that has now stalled and cut off completely at highway speed, and wouldn't restart until it sat for several minutes.

The first time it happened, it did not throw a code at all.

About 2 days later, it threw a code but did not stall out and die. When I got home, I ran it with my OBDII and got P1446 "Evaporation canister vent control valve." I cleared the code and kept driving it.

This morning on my way to work, it stalled out again, this time with the code coming on. It took 30 mins or so to restart it. This happened only 5 or so miles from my house, so both of these stall outs happened in a short drive, coldish car condition.

After it restarted, I headed back toward my house to switch vehicles, and it died again on the way back.

I have not yet had a chance to scan the codes again, because I was already late for work, but I'm assuming I will find the P1446 again.

For reference, vehicle has about 217K.

I'm no lightweight as a mechanic, and am very comfortable with Nissan because I raced them for several years. I'm not hesitant about tackling the repair, but wanted to see if anyone could provide some input that this is, indeed, the cause of my stalling problem.

Thanks in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 11:43 AM

40 posts, read 17,716 times
I'm being led to believe that this code is NOT the cause of the stalling problem.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 32 times
I just found out about this recall. [url]https://repairpal.com/recall/07V527000[/url]

Was this your issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti