U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 03:55 PM

6,267 posts, read 3,396,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Invested in my nissan altima and have far less challenges then I did with my grand Cherokee. Loved the drive of my jeep but man oh man my nissan has been a huge cost saver. Go Nissan
Sorry to read that some had challenges with warranty items. My shop tended to everyone of the items. Guess they stood by the brand. Just know that if it works and saves over time..it's done it's job.
Well coming from a Chrysler product it's hard not to buy something that would be an improvement reliability wise heh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 05:12 PM

4,610 posts, read 2,844,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I remember just a few years ago everybody was writing off Nissan. Judging by what you see on the road, it seems like they have turned things around. I see just as many Rogues as RAV4s. Altimas are everywhere, perhaps as many as Camrys. I see at least half dozen Maximas everyday even though it is said to depreciate like crazy. Apparently, the buyers missed all the CVT bashing thread here.

ps

Let's see how long this thread survives before it's banished to the "brand" corner to suffer a slow death.
Their NV van line is doing well among those who live out of those vehicles.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:37 PM

165 posts, read 43,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Nissan Rouge is one of the 10 best selling SUVs.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...ing-car-267949
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they are dramatically cheaper that any higher quality competition, right? A quick search in my area has tons of new Rouges for a bit over $20K, and similar CRVs for $4K more. You get what you pay for. I've put hundreds of thousands of miles on several CRVs, with very little drama or cost, including nothing spent on repairs, just maintenance and consumables, for all three of them. Ask a genuine Nissan dealer tech. if that level of reliability is a reasonable expectation from a Rouge? (Don't be offended if he laughs at you. It is a silly question, after all.) Then ask him if he drives a Nissan with a disposable CVT? Next see if he knows why other brands can build CVTs that last for hundreds of thousands of miles without problems, yet many Nissan transmissions can't even keep their sheet together until the end of the warranty period?

FCA, Fiat, Mini, Nissan, etc...... do a great job of proving that popular, and best selling, have nothing to do with a buyer's good decision making skills, or ending up with a high quality, reliable, and durable product.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:38 PM

2,915 posts, read 764,111 times
My friend lease a 2015 Sentra SR never had a problem great pickup and great MPG when I lived in Florida I seen lots of nissans especially the Rogue.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:01 PM

165 posts, read 43,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
My friend lease a 2015 Sentra SR never had a problem great pickup and great MPG when I lived in Florida I seen lots of nissans especially the Rogue.
Florida, lots of Nissans, Kias, Dodge products ,and before that it was Mitsubishi stuff. Much of this can be attributed to one thing, that being, getting loans approved for marginal customers. Lots of low income folks in FL. and the manufacturers and dealers that can get more of them in a new car, and financed, are going to end up with a healthy market share. I spend winters just north of Tampa, and I'm always stunned by how many new 1/2 ton Ram pickups there are in that area. Once you see the giant discount ads, "we finance anybody" ads, "guaranteed $5000 for your trade" scams, and all the games played by the Dodge dealers, it all adds up. Marginal players, loooong loan terms, and shaky credit equals lots of Nissans. Honda and Toyota don't have to play that game.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:06 PM

2,504 posts, read 2,064,012 times
Nissan is the poor mans Toyota. I've had both trucks.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharton View Post
Florida, lots of Nissans, Kias, Dodge products ,and before that it was Mitsubishi stuff. Much of this can be attributed to one thing, that being, getting loans approved for marginal customers. Lots of low income folks in FL. and the manufacturers and dealers that can get more of them in a new car, and financed, are going to end up with a healthy market share. I spend winters just north of Tampa, and I'm always stunned by how many new 1/2 ton Ram pickups there are in that area. Once you see the giant discount ads, "we finance anybody" ads, "guaranteed $5000 for your trade" scams, and all the games played by the Dodge dealers, it all adds up. Marginal players, loooong loan terms, and shaky credit equals lots of Nissans. Honda and Toyota don't have to play that game.
And you know this for a fact are you in the automotive lending business or are you just guessing and do you have facts to back up your statements. Also I seen lots of BMW and Toyota and Kia and Hyundai in Florida so why is that.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Nissan is the poor mans Toyota. I've had both trucks.
And a Toyota pickup is a poor mans F150 because Toyota canít hold a candle to the F150 in sales of pickups.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:16 PM

7,899 posts, read 5,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
They seem to use the Maxima as a precursor to the following mode year Altima.

As for the Mitsubishi/Nissan platform sharing, I agree itís a bit redundant, but if they can distinguish the cars enough they could point Mitsubishi at the bad credit low income basic transportation and rental car market and point Nissan at the Honda/Toyota/Hyundai market.

A lot of people also donít realize that Nissan/Renault is fourth largest car manufacturer in the world.

Nissans tack has always been cheaper faster more raw Toyota.

The cars are generally fine and reliable (first gen CVTs notwithstanding). Iíve owned several
Exactly.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:44 PM

13,882 posts, read 8,841,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharton View Post
Sales are plummeting, production at US plants has been cut way back. My local dealer has yard signs up on every piece of property they own ( sales lot, service, used cars, and separate storage facility) that offer 20% off MSRP on Rogues, 30% on Altimas. They try to get credit approved for any mammal that can fog a mirror, in order to move new product. A friend of the family is a service writer at one of their dealers. She had a constant flow of warranty and customer pay CVTs getting yanked and replaced, with the cores heading right for the dumpster, as they are not worth rebuilding......................GO NISSAN, I gotta' get me one of them, LOL.
Rogue is outselling Ford Fusion, Ford Explorer, GMC Sierra, Chevy Malibu and Nissan's own Altima. What is your source, other than your neighbor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or