U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 11:10 PM

10,412 posts, read 8,409,266 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7OJQviOEUU The real reason.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

9,935 posts, read 14,092,905 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ENt84Uh9Oo

Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM

2,365 posts, read 1,200,988 times
https://jalopnik.com/was-carlos-ghos...ked-1830569053

Yeah, he got whacked.
The Japanese do not want their large corporations merged with foreign companies with the foreign company having control.
Alliances are ok, mergers are not.

I don't think he's going to jail.
The goal is to get him banned from having an executive role in any Japanese corporation.
Considering he's a foreigner being charged in Japan, this mission will almost certainly be accomplished.

Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM

3,336 posts, read 5,358,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
They should've fired him for using so many crummy CVTs.
Those crummy CVTs are part of why Nissan is profitable and in the broad sense consumers have been pretty slow to wise up to this. Many, many people are still under the impression that Japanese manufacturer equals high quality. Nissan has been able to skate by under that guise for almost 2 decades while producing vehicles that overall don't reflect stellar reliability or quality.

Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

1,980 posts, read 1,866,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Nissan has been poorly run and managed for a very long time since the merger. Nissan has had multiple defects from nearly every model. Take the GTR, the 1st and 2nd gen here in the US has been plagued by transmission issues. This is a $85k car. The Murano and even Rogues have crap transmissions. I wouldn't even dare to touch a G35 or G37 that are over 100k miles that's why their resale values are so bad.
Whether you like it or not these automakers are in the business to sell, and those rogues with the "crap transmissions" are killing every other suv right now in sales so I would say it's been a success. https://www.motortrend.com/news/2018...-halfway-year/ CVT's are only growing in poplarity so you might as well get used to it.

As far as Ghosn sounds like a corporate Psychopath to me his work was great, but he obviously needs some time in prison to think about all the millions he's robbed the people of japan of who have produced a platform for him to make this money from.

Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
As far as Ghosn sounds like a corporate Psychopath to me his work was great, but he obviously needs some time in prison to think about all the millions he's robbed the people of japan of who have produced a platform for him to make this money from.
I don't think he robbed anyone.
He disagreed with Japanese executive compensation, so he compensated for it.

I don't think that Renault had a problem with this, so they looked the other way.
The Japanese knew they this on him, so they stuck it in their back pocket and waited.
When he stuck his nose in "their" business too far, they chopped it off.

Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

1,739 posts, read 691,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
More problems at Nissan:

Nissan Motor Co (7201.T) Chairman Carlos Ghosn was arrested on Monday for alleged financial misconduct and will be fired from the board this week, a dramatic fall for a leader hailed for rescuing the Japanese carmaker from close to bankruptcy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKCN1NO0Q9
In the world of Japanese auto manufacturers this is very surprising to me. Mostly because one person is never given the extensive freedom and power that Ghosn was given, rather executive boards are tasked with major decision making with one person ultimately responsible for final approval with the blessing from the board. There are typically very tight reins placed on executives in order to prevent just this sort of thing from happening.

I remember when Ghosn first came to Nissan. His hiring caused a lot of other Japanese companies to take notice, especially when Nissan started claiming market share. He was feared and respected as a no nonsense cost cutter who thought very little of the human implications of his decisions.

Old Today, 03:26 AM

1,980 posts, read 1,866,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I don't think he robbed anyone.
He disagreed with Japanese executive compensation, so he compensated for it.

I don't think that Renault had a problem with this, so they looked the other way.
The Japanese knew they this on him, so they stuck it in their back pocket and waited.
When he stuck his nose in "their" business too far, they chopped it off.
You don't have to robb anyone to be a psychopath, and as far as we know he may have.

Old Today, 10:06 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...an/2085304002/

Fired from Nissan today, the vote was unanimous.

Old Today, 04:18 PM

15,201 posts, read 8,709,319 times
Free Ghosn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or