Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 05:16 PM

493 posts, read 665,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I'm not sure. I still really love the car. I had actually narrowed it down to the G35 coupe and the 350Z a few months ago but held off on buying because of the economy as I wasn't sure if I would lose my job. Now, I feel like I'm ready to buy a car (I have 190k miles on my current Infiniti) and I was thinking that I could keep the Infiniti as my beater and get something really fun and sporty for when I didn't have a ton of stuff to tote or I wasn't driving my dog around. I've wanted a convertible since I was a kid and I figured that for once I would buy something fun and cool and not worry about being practical.

I supposedly lost the deal on the 350Z today. I was given until noon before the offer was rescinded. It was a fantastic deal but I just wasn't ready to spend over $30k without thinking about it a little longer.
I would advise against a G35 coupe. The old 3.5L engines in those were known to burn oil and be trouble. (Same goes for the 03-06 350's...stay away.) The 07+ 350Z's with the dual intake engine are much more solid. You can easily spot these by the domed hoods. I have an 08 6spd coupe and really like it.

They were just using pressure tactics on you...I'm sure the car is still there, but would you not do yourself a favor and check out a 370Z? Those are even hotter...we're talking Cayman S performance for half the price, and the interiors are beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 PM

523 posts, read 2,905,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
I would advise against a G35 coupe. The old 3.5L engines in those were known to burn oil and be trouble. (Same goes for the 03-06 350's...stay away.) The 07+ 350Z's with the dual intake engine are much more solid. You can easily spot these by the domed hoods. I have an 08 6spd coupe and really like it.

They were just using pressure tactics on you...I'm sure the car is still there, but would you not do yourself a favor and check out a 370Z? Those are even hotter...we're talking Cayman S performance for half the price, and the interiors are beautiful.
Trust me, I have checked out the 370Z. I loved it! However, when the convertible comes out, it will end up being $10k more than the brand new 350Z convertible that I was looking at and it's just not worth $10k more to me! I have to say that I like the curvier body styling, the extra performance, and the interior looks WAY more luxurious than the 350Z (the 350Z interior is slightly cheap looking to me). I considered going for the 370Z coupe but it is still ~ $5k more than the 350 convertible. I just couldn't justify it. Now, if you can find me a 370Z coupe for a couple thousand below invoice, I'm all over it!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
The deal is still good. That's just a game all dealerships play
I figured as much. I was kind of hoping that by not biting, they would call me back and knock off a few hundred more.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 PM

493 posts, read 665,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
Trust me, I have checked out the 370Z. I loved it! However, when the convertible comes out, it will end up being $10k more than the brand new 350Z convertible that I was looking at and it's just not worth $10k more to me! I have to say that I like the curvier body styling, the extra performance, and the interior looks WAY more luxurious than the 350Z (the 350Z interior is slightly cheap looking to me). I considered going for the 370Z coupe but it is still ~ $5k more than the 350 convertible. I just couldn't justify it. Now, if you can find me a 370Z coupe for a couple thousand below invoice, I'm all over it!
I've seen spy pics of the 370Z vert and I don't think it looks very great anyway, but you probably could get a 6mt 370Z coupe with sport package for not *too* much worse than the heavily discounted 350Z vert...maybe a little over $31k if you're patient. It's not like 370s are flying off the shelf either...sports cars are the hardest sell of all in an economy like this one. Just depends how dead set you are on having a vert.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
I used to own a 350z.

I regret every day getting rid of it. Car was a blast.

Make sure to check how much the insurance is on it, depending on your state it can be VERY Expensive. here in Texas, to insure a 350z vert would run me about 1300 ever 6 months!

I say, though, you can easily pick up a nice used one for way less than even this one you have been looking at. I have seen 06's with low miles for like 22k.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:17 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,866,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I don't particularly like the looks of the 350Z. Just my opinion. For way less money, you could get a Miata, I know everybody has one, but for once the majority is getting it right with these.
Was going to suggest the same thing. I personally like the miata better. The miata is cheap but it looks like it would cost 50k.

MSRP: ~35k

MSRP: ~22k

Old 05-07-2009, 03:41 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
The Miata is too small, underpowered and simply screams vagina.
LOL Quote of the week

Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I used to own a 350z.

I regret every day getting rid of it. Car was a blast.

Make sure to check how much the insurance is on it, depending on your state it can be VERY Expensive. here in Texas, to insure a 350z vert would run me about 1300 ever 6 months!

I say, though, you can easily pick up a nice used one for way less than even this one you have been looking at. I have seen 06's with low miles for like 22k.
I did do a TON of research on how much I would actually spend on the car after all was said and done when taking into consideration depreciation, taxes, etc. The insurance was actually not going to be bad at all-- ~ $1k/yr.

I may consider used...

Old 05-07-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Was going to suggest the same thing. I personally like the miata better. The miata is cheap but it looks like it would cost 50k.
I've never test driven a Miata. I can't imagine it being nearly as cool as a 350Z but I suppose it could be a better value buy.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
I've seen spy pics of the 370Z vert and I don't think it looks very great anyway, but you probably could get a 6mt 370Z coupe with sport package for not *too* much worse than the heavily discounted 350Z vert...maybe a little over $31k if you're patient. It's not like 370s are flying off the shelf either...sports cars are the hardest sell of all in an economy like this one. Just depends how dead set you are on having a vert.

I would definitely get a 370Z coupe with sport package if it was only $31k! I certainly haven't seen a deal remotely close to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti