Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times

Advertisements

Trying to swipe a tool from your friend that fills a eight foot pick-up truck bed and is well over grand theft level in value was the end. He was lucky all I did was take it back and not press charges. What good would that do? He lost a genuine friend and won't have the opportunity to ever do it again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 11:30 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Pretty much the same here. If it's hopeless move on. I had to get it through my thick skull that my son's father and are just not compatible. Period.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone learns through these tough situations when they happen. You did the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
The same friend has called twice tonight! Hmmm....... I wonder what he still wants? I'm busy, I'm on CD!LMAO........
Lmao! That's an honest excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
LOL...... I even have the part he needs sitting on the shelf in my home extra stash! It's brand new in the box and had he not stolen from me and God knows what else over the years, I would have went over to put it on for free and sold it to him for wholesale cost! Don't bite the hand that feeds you!
He misses you already.

Quote:
Omg he likes it like that! He wants to bite you?! (oh stop it) he just wants a nibble. (btw don't give him the part!) Tell him your hand hurts, too much side job fun. lmao. Oh behave.
Hahahaaahhaaa!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:07 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
How so you ditch a friend (female, I am too) who drives you nuts and is competitive and annoying and makes you feel worse everytime you talk to her? what do you do or say? She doesn't have bad intentions (well maybe a tiny bit) mostly she is just stupid. thank you
You slowly fade away...

Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone learns through these tough situations when they happen. You did the right thing.

Lmao! That's an honest excuse.

He misses you already.

Hahahaaahhaaa!
We are pretty funny aren't we?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Honestly? The worst thing in my opinion you can do in ANY relationship is act like a child and ignore calls or not respond to emails. If you no longer wish to converse with a friend simply say it. Be a big kid, pick up the phone or send an email detailing why it is you no longer wish to be friends and be done with it. The reason this is important is two-fold. Not only are you clarifying why you no longer wish to be friends but in the end you are getting some kind of closure from it by ending things the right way. The worst thing to do is to walk around avoiding calls, avoiding emails, etc... It's so simple to simply end it correctly. And yes, I have practiced this myself and my daughter recently cut off a girlfriend that was treating her the same way. The girl was surprised at the honesty in the email and surprised that she had been acting that way as no one had ever told her before, she apologized and understood why they can't be friends. Much better ending then this childish back and forth crap with avoiding calls.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:48 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
We are pretty funny aren't we?
You guys could sell tickets at the comedy club. Yah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships