Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times

Advertisements

My exh and I were shopping once. I saw some steaks for $6.42. Put them in the cart. I turned and saw another package for $6.40. I traded the packages. My exh said, thanks sweetheart. Thanks, for saving us a whole 2 cent.

That bastrd!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 10:00 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
My exh and I were shopping once. I saw some steaks for $6.42. Put them in the cart. I turned and saw another package for $6.40. I traded the packages. My exh said, thanks sweetheart. Thanks, for saving us a whole 2 cent.

That bastrd!
Every little bit helps. It is amazing that when a case of Pepsi is on sale for $4.99 and Coke is $8.99, people still get the Coke or vice versa! For $4 it is good enough for me!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:01 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
When something like that goes down with a wifette/gurlfriend chewing on the hubby's behind, almost all people try to ignore it, but me I always react to it by making one of my funny faces or some type of pantomine and it usually succeeds in shaming the woman and getting her to ****.

We don't want to listen to that garbage in the store.

The other thing is I have no problem barking at young children that the parents are letting run wild, slamming into people, knocking stuff over. "HEY young man this isn't a playground for you to run around in!". I've made many a child cry.

The other thing that has gone crazy in stores now is mobility scooters. Sure there are some people that are handicapped, but it's gotten out of hand now with seemingly fit people using them and they are reckless with those damn things.
Instead of trying to shame the woman, it would be more appropriate to try to shame the man who would speak to his wife in such a disrespectful way. That is abuse pure and simple. You don't tell your SO to such the **** up. You don't talk to anyone that way, and you don't demean your SO ever, much less in front of your children and complete strangers.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 AM

If you really want to see a cat fight, hang out in the 3 for 1 bag of shrimp area. You buy one and get two free. They go fast and I think I have heard all the four letter words in that isle!LMAO.......

Old 06-19-2010, 10:15 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
What is it that causes so much anger with couples, and people at grocery stores? There seems to be a common issue of people failing to relate well to each other at grocery stores. I'm somewhat confused on this subject
1. Unruly kids

2. The price of groceries (have you seen then lately....ridiculous!!) which puts people in a bad mood

3. The charming people who put their cart in front of the aisle you need to reach for something on and won't move

4. Heel spurs from being run over with a cart

5. Social carting - where people stop dead center in the ailse and talk with each other blocking the way for others

6. 50 people in line with 2 checkout lines open and the cashier is p*ssed because they are the only two working while all the other cashiers are hiding in the back

Old 06-19-2010, 10:19 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
If you really want to see a cat fight, hang out in the 3 for 1 bag of shrimp area. You buy one and get two free. They go fast and I think I have heard all the four letter words in that isle!LMAO.......
Nope. The chip aisle. Buy one and the other bag is half or free. Now, there's a site. You know I don't eat BBQ. Why can't we get baked. BECAUSE I DON'T EAT THAT SHYT!

LMAO!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:19 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
My husband has never gone to the grocery store with me. Oh no wait we did once and I wanted to kill him. That's why I go by myself now...he doesn't know where anything is it drives me nuts.

Plus he wants to buy all this stupid crap.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
1. Unruly kids

2. The price of groceries (have you seen then lately....ridiculous!!) which puts people in a bad mood

3. The charming people who put their cart in front of the aisle you need to reach for something on and won't move

5. Social carting - where people stop dead center in the ailse and talk with each other blocking the way for others

6. 50 people in line with 2 checkout lines open and the cashier is p*ssed because they are the only two working while all the other cashiers are hiding in the back

All the above^^^^^^^!!!! Especially the bold!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
1. Unruly kids

Also, sometimes people leave grocery shopping to the very last moment, when there's nothing to eat in the house and the only thing left to do is go grocery shop.

Or if you've had a really rotten day at work and you're tired as hell, and the last thing you want to do is make a circuit around the grocery store, but you need to get coffee or milk or whatever. When I'm tired, I want to find my items, throw them in the cart, make a beeline for the register, pay for them and get the heck out of Dodge and GET HOME.

Then sometimes it's hard to find a parking space; and/or you enter the store and someone's kid is crying.

When my boyfriend goes shopping with me, he gets annoyed right away with other shoppers in the aisles with their carts and sometimes he actually starts singing off to the side,"Born to block an aisle!" I just try to keep moving - fast.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Every little bit helps. It is amazing that when a case of Pepsi is on sale for $4.99 and Coke is $8.99, people still get the Coke or vice versa! For $4 it is good enough for me!
I wouldn't know, I buy the store brand versions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships