U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:19 PM

7 posts, read 9,316 times

Advertisements

first off i am indeed NOT a TROLL !

thanks for reading my post ;

i'm currently 18 years of age [ soon to be 19 ] ; currently unemployed && i have no transportation . i just recently found out that after all of the homeschooling that i've been doing these past 3-4 years in order to graduate isn't gonna help me ; i still need to get my ged in order to get into any colleges && to apply for most jobs that won't accept the certificate from my homeschooling program . let me add that i am a good child && a good person ; anyone that knows me will tell you that i'd do anything i can for anyone . i don't ask for much at all ; i recently stopped receiving social security benefits from my father ; whom is deceased .
my father meant the entire world && universe to me ; he passed away in 2003 from gang green ( a very horrible disease that i do not wish on anyone ) . i'm his first born child && there are three of us ( girls ) . instead of exposing names i'm gonna use jana && tanya as my siblings' names ; i'm the oldest ; jana is the middle ; && tanya is the youngest ( she doesn't know she's our sister && whom doesn't live with us ) ; jana && i have lived with our mother since my father passed away ; my mother remarried to a military man && everything was some - what great ; throughout these 7 years we've struggled && struggled . yes , i know everyone struggles but no one has ever been put through the all the pain that i've had to deal with . jana is 16 now && out of control more than ever ; she recently has met this guy ( when she was still 15 ) ; tom is soon to be 23 in july . he has a horrible background && always tries to put everyone else down . this same guy is the one that helped jana get into all over this probation trouble that she is in now ; this mornings' incidents have completely forced my brain && body to really wanna get up && get a job && find my own place ; which i have felt for a very long time ( must i add that i have indeed been searching for employment , but it is extremely hard with the fact that this will be my first job ever && the economy ) my mother constantly complains && gripes about everything she does around here ( which isn't much at all ; sure sometimes she cooks && sometimes she doesn't ; she'll vacuum so my 8 month old nephew can crawl around && play in the living room ; other than that she does just about everything she chooses to do - which is staying in other people's business && gossiping on the phone && always worried about what other people don't do . ) must i add that she is messy ; unemployed && indeed acts like a child ; she likes to be up in all the drama that goes on between jana && i or jana && her boyfriend ( he is very messy also && comes from a very messy family which just adds more fuel to the fire )

back to mom though she constantly complains because my room isn't cleaned or i haven't done this or that ; just little things that don't even need to be complained about ; she likes to sit up on the phone with tanya's mom && complain && cry like she's the only victim . tanya's mother believes just about everything she says because they have been friends ever since my mom met jana , tanya , && my father . also because back in the day during my teenage years i was just a little bit of a complete brat , but i've never been like jana has . i've cursed my mom out repeatedly ( i know it's wrong && my days are numbered ) but sometimes she deserves it because of her childish actions && only do because i try to do nothing but help her understand what she's doing is not right .

this mornings' incident led to lies being told about drugs being in my home that was indeed false ; it went from there to myself exposing the fact that they've ( jana && tom - her boyfriend ) had drugs here which is against her probation ; must i add that she is not to even be around tom which is also against her probation ; also he is not allowed over here && has been doing so anyways .

because of all of those actions that happened jana now chooses to brainwash my mother into kicking sarah ( once jana's bestfriend ) && her 8 month old son out because of accusations being made saying that sarah tried to sleep with tom ; which i don't believe at all because tom is indeed a h* && has being trying to "get with" all of jana's friends while she was locked up . i have witnesses but jana chooses to always believe him .

my mother claims she is christian && goes to church every so often but yet in my eyes she is very much a hypocrite to me [ as well as many of my adult friends ] .

i've been told that i'm very much so bipolar && i don't handle drama very well at all ; i have been very suicidal in the past ( as well as today ) ;

let me add that jana's hatred for sarah is a bunch of horse crap ;

jana says that if anyone makes a call to her p.o. that she's gonna call dhr && have sarah's child taken away from her ; let me add that sarah has also had a long hard life ; both parents are still alive , but she'd received news early in 2009 that she may never have kids ; a few weeks later she found out she was pregnant && her son is her entire world ; she works extremely hard for her son && is currently a single mother at the moment due to her child's father being locked up . sarah hasn't done some of the suicidal thoughts she's been thinking because of her son && i know that this is gonna kill her if her son is taken away .

please help as much as possible .

thank you && god bless you all .
please give me some advice && tell me what i should do ;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 PM

10,425 posts, read 43,547,480 times
My friend, after 4 years of home schooling, either your Teacher was a quack or you don't want to learn. If you fill out a job application like you wrote that post you will remain unemployed forever and ever.

Don't be so down on yourself. Yes all of us have family drama. Some of us choose to turn our head and some of us dive right in to it. Me? I moved 2500 miles away from them all and only visited them one time in the past decade and what was for my Father's funeral 3 years ago. Do I miss them anyway? Yup. Good luck to ya...........

Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 PM

7 posts, read 9,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
My friend, after 4 years of home schooling, either your Teacher was a quack or you don't want to learn. If you fill out a job application like you wrote that post you will remain unemployed forever and ever.

Don't be so down on yourself. Yes all of us have family drama. Some of us choose to turn our head and some of us dive right in to it. Me? I moved 2500 miles away from them all and only visited them one time in the past decade and what was for my Father's funeral 3 years ago. Do I miss them anyway? Yup. Good luck to ya...........
i have a problem tending to skip around when i type . sorry ;
i do want to learn ; my teacher was tanya's mother && she wasn't really any help what-so-ever in the end . just because i didn't place periods where they're suppose to go i won't have a job ever ? wtf kinda bull is that ? there are idiots with jobs ; trust me i can get one . i try my best not to get into the drama but they always choose to put me in it or jana chooses to jump on my mom && i don't want it to result into that ; that is why i usually end up in it .

Old 06-22-2010, 07:11 PM

2,833 posts, read 9,608,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedd_chickk205 View Post
i have a problem tending to skip around when i type . sorry ;
i do want to learn ; my teacher was tanya's mother && she wasn't really any help what-so-ever in the end . just because i didn't place periods where they're suppose to go i won't have a job ever ? wtf kinda bull is that ? there are idiots with jobs ; trust me i can get one . i try my best not to get into the drama but they always choose to put me in it or jana chooses to jump on my mom && i don't want it to result into that ; that is why i usually end up in it .
I don't think that poster was referring to the placement of your periods. [Mod cut] snip

All families have drama....Lord knows mine does. It will only interrupt your dreams and ambitions if you allow it to do so. Rise above it.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 06-23-2010 at 12:37 PM..

Old 06-22-2010, 08:49 PM

10,715 posts, read 22,346,543 times
heres what I suggest:
1. find a resume doctor to type out your resume to get a job.
2. move out if you have any friends that you can move out with great it will help keep living costs down.
3. enroll in a night classes to get your GED
4. after you get a job and move out and are in night school I would cut out all the drama and on focus on getting your life going.
5. after you finish getting your GED get into a trade school or commuity college

Old 06-22-2010, 09:14 PM

5,703 posts, read 15,503,954 times
Look at public transportation options where you live. Get bus route schedules and see if these routes would take you near any large retail stores such as Wal-Mart. You need very little skills to get an entry job for a large retailer. As long as you have not been convicted of retail fraud in the past, then you are okay.

Wal-Mart is not a dream job by any means but they do offer a GED assistance program and will pay for it. I believe Target has the same benefit. From reading your post you may have a learning disability. This is not a sin by any means. If this is the case, it can missed by poor educators. Once you have your GED then start looking at placement tests at a local community college. They should be able to tell you where you stand and help you with lower level courses to bring you up to speed.

You mentioned that you are bi-polar. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor or is this something someone just told you? If you are indeed bipolar, are you on meds and are you taking them? By not treating your illness, it will cause much confusion and unhappiness.

You may not be able to control what goes on in your household but you can control the decisions you make. Start by taking steps to self reliance.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:31 AM

10,996 posts, read 11,143,929 times
Look into government assistance. Maybe they will give you disability if you are bipolar. I don't know if they do that, though. Also, try to get your GED, and get into college or vocational school. Move out as soon as you can. Your family's drama is their own, try not to get involved.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 AM

1,756 posts, read 3,045,466 times
[Mod cut]

There should be some GED-preparation books in the local library. If not, then you can definitely get them at bookstores (brick and mortar or online), Amazon.com, or eBay. If you have a computer that you can monopolize, there might be some software that you can buy. You can try to get any of those materials secondhand, since probably most people are not going to keep them after they get their GED. I'd recommend keeping a GED math book because that math will be exactly what's on the pre-entrance tests for LPN and other health career fields, should you decide to do that later. And it will be useful to you for college placement tests, too. They usually test people for math and sciences, like chemistry, then tell you whether you need any remedial work before you can take the classes for you major. The idea with this self-teaching is git-er-done, okay? ;-)

As for bipolar, you may or may not be. You are most definitely very unhappy. Stress can whipsaw you, and it certainly sounds like you have a less than tranquil home life. Rather than get a disability, I recommend that you pursue the skills required to get a GED and move on, because getting labeled with a disability is NOT the best thing in today's very competitive job market. With the domestic situation(s) there, I think I'd be having problems coping. I'd just shut up about the bipolar thing, if I were you. Never mention mental health problems, especially if there's no proof that you have any. If you don't have a diagnosis on your record, it's just someone's opinion. Opinions are said to be like a-holes. ;-) Buck up, believe you are capable as anyone else, and show people how you are determined to succeed. "Fake it 'till you make it." -- That is your new attitude. So, concentrate on the goals that YOU want to achieve.

Contact your local unemployment office (OneStop) about possible summer employment for disadvantaged youth. They had a program in my town last summer and it was ages 17 to 24 or something. But it might have been some temporary Stimulus Package thing. I don't have kids; I don't keep up with the family programs. For GED assistance, also talk to the OneStop. You might be able to get employment, coaching, training, etc. for free or low cost out of that. They might be able to refer you to specific social services, too.

Depending on how burly you are and what your interests and skills are, you might be able to get into an apprentice program for a trade. Electrician might not be bad. State Agencies, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor, and your OneStop should also have information about local apprenticeships and on-the-job training.

Thanks for posting. Now, be sure to contact your local OneStop office and see if they can offer you any help for that GED.

[Mod cut]

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 06-23-2010 at 12:39 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,352,672 times
You are the perfect age for Job Corp. Do that. YOu can move out (you live there) and get all the school stuff in order.

Welcome to Job Corps

They will help guide you with your mental health issues too.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,277,969 times
- Move out
- Get an education
- Disassociate from anybody whom you don't feel comfortable around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships