Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times

Advertisements

Work through your anger and maybe seek counseling on how you can deal with your strong feelings. Toxic people should be eliminated from one's life whether they are family or not. My sister and I do not have a good relationship. I used to hate her and then I accepted her for who she is and keep things at a distance. My wake up call is when she tried to sue me. I see her about once a year and that is about all I can take. The obligation visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 10:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
So you have a bad sister from your description. i know people who are divorce. The oens that come to a resoltuion get on with their life. The ones that can't seem to eat themsleves up.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Only if you allow them to be and I take it that you therefore think that a toxic relationship should be perpetuated if it's between blood relatives because blood is somehow super special? History doesn't bear out such a philosophy. Please don't ask me to start referencing the bible, Shakespeare and all else! To look at it from another perspective, let's say your blood becomes contaminated and you need a whole body transfusion. If that blood is so important would you rather keep that blood and die or accept the transfusion and live? (If you subscribe to a faith which bans transfusions then no need to respond since I'm already familiar with that argument).

One does not choose one's blood relatives but surely that doesn't mean that one has to accept them for better or for worse.

Really? Actually I've never subscribed to all the varieties of "pop-psychology" which have come in and out of fashion over the more than six decades I've thus far lived. I base my thoughts on my own experiences but am always open to others' perceptions and ideas.

I say it's pop psychology since it's overly simplistic.

It is true that negative feelings only hurt ourselves and nobody else. But hate should never be felt, then there should be no reason for bigotry, violence and all other negative things that go on in life. The fact is that people will hold negative feelings if they lose something of stake. I doubt many would say it unreasonable or illogical for a parent to detest a murderer for killing their child, or wife.

Life is not so black and white to say hate is always wrong, or negative feelings of any kind are bad.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:38 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Ostracize the effing beytch. If she wasn't related you'd have kicked her to the curb a long time ago. I sometimes hate my sibling but she hasn't gone that far as to do shameless adulterous acts ... mostly just bickering, overcompetition, disrespect, and greed. All of which can be remedied. But taking your man? Can never forgive that. Sounds like she has narcissistic personality disorder. This is a condition that can never truly be cured, only curbed. There are no meds for it.

But you gotta thank her for revealing your cheating fiance for who he was before you got roped into a terrible marriage though. Good for her.

If she ever needs an organ transplant I hope you will have the courage to refuse.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 PM

29 posts, read 169,913 times
There is no rule that says you have to be friends or like a sister or brother.
If they are mean and evil, make you unhappy they don't belong in your life.
Don't feel bad, be happy and let it go. They won't change no matter what you do.
Some people are just evil. Enjoy your life and pick some good friends to fill the void.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:07 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
Me and my sister have been fighting for a long time (ever since we were kids.) I oughta say it's not my falt @ all, because she's a spoiled brat & she takes it out on me when she doesn't get her way. She has never been punished (grounded, **** taken away, etc,) and to this day she's still a complete ***** @ the age of 22. For some reason, people try so hard to satisfy her but it never seams to work.

For example, she took money from me promising that she would pay me back. It was a good some of cash, & months past before I started asking her for the money. She bitched & moaned about "You're pressuring me! Give me some more time! I never asked any other favors!" yotta yotta yotta, you know what I mean.

Also, 2 years ago I was engaged to a man. She thought it would be cute if she took my fiance for a test drive. I caught them having sex in my bed. He ended up leaving me & she had the gall to say "You complain too much. I was only trying to see if he had good enough skills for my big sis." I didn't speak to her for almost a year after that, but she called me up one day & said that sisters should love each other & that she wanted to work things out. Turns out she just wanted another "loan." Actually, more of a handout when it comes to her.

I've always been taught to love & respect family no matter what. But do you think it's OK if I hate her? Am I justified to say that I want nothing to do with her even though she's my sister?
I dug up this thread as I wanted to read about squibbling siblings. I say cut her off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships