Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 10:31 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,747 times

Advertisements

Ever have someone like a relative just out of the blue just contact you whether it be by phone ,email and they want you to contact them back.? I did follow through and replied back to her as she asked me to do.Whether she replies back to me is all up to her.The ball is now in her court so to speak.

I had this happen to me the other day.I recieved an inquiry through this site from a niece and she asked if I was ME.I was shocked and surprised especially since I haven't spoke to or heard from her for over 8 yrs. Well actually she had refused to talk to me.The last time I spoke with her was back in 2002 when I called her to inquire of whether or not she had recieved the photo I sent her by snail mail.Her voice came off to being rather cold and she replied back to me that she had.She also told me that I had hurt her feelings and when I asked her how I did so she told me she didn't wish to talk about it and just hung up.Afterwards I thought it was such a strange thing that she would've accused me of hurting her feelings.I couldn't imagine what I could've done.I'm far from being perfect but it's not in my nature to knowingly/purposely going around hurting someone.

I've heard the saying that there's always 3 sides to every story,his,hers and the truth.

I'm not asking for advice just saying what happens to be on my mind at the moment.Dealing with family members can be such fun at times.Thank god I have a sense of humor and have learned to just see the humor in some people and things and not to sweat the small stuff.I've been told laughter is real good meds.LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 10:38 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
Ever have someone like a relative just out of the blue just contact you whether it be by phone ,email and they want you to contact them back.? I did follow through and replied back to her as she asked me to do.Whether she replies back to me is all up to her.The ball is now in her court so to speak.

I had this happen to me the other day.I recieved an inquiry through this site from a niece and she asked if I was ME.I was shocked and surprised especially since I haven't spoke to or heard from her for over 8 yrs. Well actually she had refused to talk to me.The last time I spoke with her was back in 2002 when I called her to inquire of whether or not she had recieved the photo I sent her by snail mail.Her voice came off to being rather cold and she replied back to me that she had.She also told me that I had hurt her feelings and when I asked her how I did so she told me she didn't wish to talk about it and just hung up.Afterwards I thought it was such a strange thing that she would've accused me of hurting her feelings.I couldn't imagine what I could've done.I'm far from being perfect but it's not in my nature to knowingly/purposely going around hurting someone.

I've heard the saying that there's always 3 sides to every story,his,hers and the truth.

I'm not asking for advice just saying what happens to be on my mind at the moment.Dealing with family members can be such fun at times.Thank god I have a sense of humor and have learned to just see the humor in some people and things and not to sweat the small stuff.I've been told laughter is real good meds.LOL
Coming from a guy who wants to put his boss in a full nelson or rear naked choke, I need all the laughs I can get!LOL........

Old 07-11-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rugged4you View Post
coming from a guy who wants to put his boss in a full nelson or rear naked choke, i need all the laughs i can get!lol........:d:d:d

lol:d All this time I had a already made comedy show within my very own family and didn't realize it.Darn it I could've made my own family drama/soap opera shows and made millions. LOL

Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
Honey, if I didn't have the ability to find the humor in some of the cards I've been dealt with in life I'd probably scream and cry and never stop. I'd rather laugh than cry which can get me in trouble sometimes.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
lol:d
I want my raise and stop yelling at your wife and the guys! Say uncle......tap out......tap out damn you!!!!LMAO...........

Old 07-11-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Honey, if I didn't have the ability to find the humor in some of the cards I've been dealt with in life I'd probably scream and cry and never stop. I'd rather laugh than cry which can get me in trouble sometimes.
I know what you mean.What's that saying,when you have lemons you make lemonade.Well I've made lots of lemonade in my lifetime and sometimes I've had to add alittle sweetener now and then .Ever heard that song 'I'm a Survivor 'by Reba.I can relate to that song and have learned to be one.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean.What's that saying,when you have lemons you make lemonade.Well I've made lots of lemonade in my lifetime and sometimes I've had to add alittle sweetener now and then .Ever heard that song 'I'm a Survivor 'by Reba.I can relate to that song and have learned to be one.
It is even better when it rubs off onto other people. I have done things in public before and made people laugh at me on purpose. My nephews love me for it!

Old 07-11-2010, 08:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:

I am presently dealing with my crazy Uncle and mom. Then with my elderly grandfather fighting over who is going to visit him and run errands. I volunteered. My grandfather started tonight with calling me. Oh boy. But I will tell him I'm not always going to be available. He is 89 I will help because I want someone to help me if I live to be so old.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:04 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,578 times
It helps , despite the prevalent fact I've wanted to eradicate others , but logic dictates an alternative course of action. Hell , there are times when it's inappropriate , but they are counterbalanced by the opposites. Laughter helps me exponentially. If I couldn't laugh , I'd be dead or on death row. Especially when dealing with certain family members. You know the ones you just wanna take a baseball bat and beat sense into , LOL!! Perhaps if a 'Tetragrammaton' type order comes to pass , this will be criminal , but until then , let the bellyrolling commence!!

Last edited by etacarinae; 07-13-2010 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: additional information

Old 07-13-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
It helps , despite the prevalent fact I've wanted to eradicate others , but logic dictates an alternative course of action. Hell , there are times when it's inappropriate , but they are counterbalanced by the opposites. Laughter helps me exponentially. If I couldn't laugh , I'd be dead or on death row. Especially when dealing with certain family members. You know the ones you just wanna take a baseball bat and beat sense into , LOL!! Perhaps if a 'Tetragrammaton' type order comes to pass , this will be criminal , but until then , let the bellyrolling commence!!
Yes I know all about the ones to which you speak of.There were times when I've felt like grabbing and shaking them or do bodily harm sometimes.LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships