Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
No, I have just been through so much harsh trauma in my years, that I realize nobody is perfect, and we all make mistakes and have regrets, so no fellow human ever deserves a bad vibe from me in any way.
Quote:
My son is my life, but if he messes up I am not going to coddle him, he will need to learn to be strong and get over things too, so I never intend on being an enabler towards him.
These parents found out 2-3 days ago and prefer to have no contact with her right now.

I still don't get why we're making them out to be enablers and intolerant religious zealots?

Last edited by robee70; 09-27-2010 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: fixed

Old 09-27-2010, 05:31 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
These parents found out 2-3 days ago and prefer to have no contact with her right now.

I still don't get why we're making them out to be enablers, intolerant religious zealots and enablers?

I guess your right, I talk in generalizations more than about the actual people in this particular situation....

I still couldn't shut someone out like that I don't think....I would want to work things out somehow..

Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
To the OP:

Since this is an outted situation have you now discussed this with your parents so they know whats going on? I'm sure they will be affected by this as well. Stupid things that kids do have consequences just like in the adult world. Especially when you are doing adult things when you are a kid. Maybe your own parents can give you the solace you crave. Your cousin needs the same from his parents and you lost out on that, period.

It is too bad you have lost your relatives but it sounds like your cousin lost his innocense before he was ready. You can't give that back to him. EVER... And his family owes you nothing. Move on and get over it.

For those of you that think that a young man can't be molested...tell that to kids molested by priests. I realize this was male/female but sexuality before the time is right is damaging to the psyche.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:53 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Are you sure you have no idea? I'm getting a vibe hear that you probably did fool around with him when he was much younger than 14. Correct me if I'm wrong. Where did you grow up that this was so normal. It doesn't sound normal at all to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i thought most ppl knew they werent suposed to sleep with their cousins
Yeah this insistence that "I never knew it was wrong" rings very hollow to me.

OP, it happened. It was wrong. You can't undo it. You F***ED up, and all you can do, is admit it, apologize, and then drop it. Just because you want everyone else to see it through your eyes, doesn't make it so. Stop with the poor me behavior and move on.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
I guess your right, I talk in generalizations more than about the actual people in this particular situation....

I still couldn't shut someone out like that I don't think....I would want to work things out somehow..

Until your child has been hurt by someone you trusted you will not know. This has nothing to do with religious zealots. It has to do with a betrayal of trust. The OP isn't even mature enough now to realize that this will take time. She just wants what she wants and she wants it now.

She wants her chance to give her side of the story. She seduced her cousin. What's to say. She was 17 and should have known better. Seriously, at 17, she didn't know she shouldn't be doing that with her cousin? Who buys that? If true, she really needs help and won't find it on this board. Is she still sleeping with these young boys?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
I really hop this is a troll post.

A 17 yr old is practically an adult. This whole I was a kid thing isn't flying with me

Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

A 17 yr old is practically an adult. This whole I was a kid thing isn't flying with me
Agree.

At 17 there was no way I was thinking about 14 year old kids.

its all a bit odd.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Until your child has been hurt by someone you trusted you will not know. This has nothing to do with religious zealots. It has to do with a betrayal of trust. The OP isn't even mature enough now to realize that this will take time. She just wants what she wants and she wants it now.

She wants her chance to give her side of the story. She seduced her cousin. What's to say. She was 17 and should have known better. Seriously, at 17, she didn't know she shouldn't be doing that with her cousin? Who buys that? If true, she really needs help and won't find it on this board. Is she still sleeping with these young boys?

Actually, I was never thinking about the 17 thing, when we were kids we stopped all that by grade 2ish....

I would give it a few years maybe......just respect their need for space.

I think I wasn't really looking at the situation clearly, or putting myself in the other kids shoes.....

Even though we all fooled around as young kids, it was never actual SEX, that was too much for me even at 22 when I got married..... it was kinda creepy...

It I think it is starting to sink in what actually happened.....

sad

Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Maybe she was abused herself? You are right, this is sinking in now that they weren't just little kids flashing or something like what we did...

Old 09-27-2010, 06:32 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:

I felt the same way but didn't go there because I have my doubts about the validity of the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships