Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times

Advertisements

A 17 year old girl who sees 13-14 year old boys as a sexual peer needs mental help. Sorry to be blunt but, there is something seriously wrong with you. Get a therapist.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
It sounds like the family/cousin is placing 100% of the blame and responsibility on the OP, when in all fairness, it should be split equally between the two. The family is siding with the cousin and while there is not a total ban on the OP making contact, it amounts to that since the cousin is always around.

What it comes down to is that there is little chance for the situation to get better until this cousin learns to live with his past. Unfortunately, there appears to be little chance for you to find why this came about with him. Since we can speculate all we want and never hit on it, here's my guess. He still has feelings for you, but now considers it wrong. Seeing you brings up these feelings so his solution is to not have you around. What ever the real reason, I think it's not in your control so you have little chance of fixing it.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:07 PM

46 posts, read 106,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
A 17 year old girl who sees 13-14 year old boys as a sexual peer needs mental help. Sorry to be blunt but, there is something seriously wrong with you. Get a therapist.
There are a lot of people here who disagree with you, hopefully my family will be more open and rational. But, I guess if they think like you do, they may not be and that's something I should prepare myself for.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Since we can speculate all we want and never hit on it, here's my guess. He still has feelings for you, but now considers it wrong. Seeing you brings up these feelings so his solution is to not have you around. What ever the real reason, I think it's not in your control so you have little chance of fixing it.

I had never considered that since I positively do not have feelings for him now and have not since we were teens, but to me, it makes sense. He may be still holding onto the shame because he's still holding onto his older feelings.

ugh, this sucks.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:16 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,192 times
What the OP did is very close to child molestation (being consensual is not a excuse, the boy was too young to give consent). Couple that with the problem with incest. Regardless of why the guy brought it up (he should not have done so IMO) there is no going back. Accept it and move on. You made a bad choice years ago and must live with the consequences.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:23 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiss View Post
I know I'm in the wrong and that it was an extremely bad decision.

My question is do you think that there is anything I can do or say to help mend the situation? or in other words, if it happened to your child, is there anything the other family member could say or do that would help make it better?

Alexiss, I wouldn't concern myself with your cousin or his family.

Assuming that you have been honest in your conveyance of the reason for the scarlet letter that you are wearing, I sympathize totally with you.
Your cousin, for whatever reason, betrayed you. If he felt like confessing his own adolescent mistake, that was his prerogative but insofar as his
need to divulge your name in his confession to his mother, I tend to interpret that, as unforgivable. It would be nice to know just how long that
you have been out of their grace, because it would make it more or less understandable of why or at what age, your cousin felt the need or had
a motive to destroy your relationship with his (or your) family. Unless his own mother has disowned him also for the event, it would seem terribly
unfair for her to accept his behavior and not yours. Thank you for sharing your troubles with us and as another poster here mentioned, only time
will heal the hurt and maybe someday, that time will come.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:31 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
There are a lot of people here who disagree with you, hopefully my family will be more open and rational. But, I guess if they think like you do, they may not be and that's something I should prepare myself for.
If you think that it's "open and rational" to view 17 year old dating 13-14 year old boys as something that is ok, I can understand why your family is so disgusted with you. I'm disgusted, and I'm not even related to you:

We know you shagged him when he was 14... and you also admit in post #19 that you were "kissing on and off throughout the years" before you did him. Well doing the math, this means you were tonguing this kid when he was 11 or younger. (Because it had to be 3 or more years or else you would have said "we kissed for a couple of years" or "we kissed the year before." Sorry but, that's disgusting behavior. He wasn't even in puberty yet and you were using him as a sexual object. Gross.

Do the right thing for once, don't speak to those family members again until you can understand what you did was WRONG. If you finally wake up, send a sincere apology in the form of a card and don't talk to them unless they choose to talk to you first.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Do the right thing for once, don't speak to those family members again until you can understand what you did was WRONG. If you finally wake up, send a sincere apology in the form of a card and don't talk to them unless they choose to talk to you first.
Onglet, I never said once that what I was doing wasn't wrong or that I didn't regret my decision. The frustrating thing for me here is that I keep saying that I know I was in the wrong, and that I want to fix it if I can, but the people who are so focused on the "wrong" part, can't see or care about my repentance.

I'm also totally willing to stay away from that part of the family forever if that's their wish, but I'm hoping it doesn't come down to that. Am I an awful person because I eventually would like to move past this?

Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
It would be nice to know just how long that you have been out of their grace, because it would make it more or less understandable of why or at what age, your cousin felt the need or had
a motive to destroy your relationship with his (or your) family. Unless his own mother has disowned him also for the event, it would seem terribly
unfair for her to accept his behavior and not yours. Thank you for sharing your troubles with us and as another poster here mentioned, only time
will heal the hurt and maybe someday, that time will come.
Thanks for that words of encouragement, Eddie, and here is the a link to the post that answers your question: http://www.city-data.com/forum/16051997-post74.html

Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Onglet, I never said once that what I was doing wasn't wrong or that I didn't regret my decision. The frustrating thing for me here is that I keep saying that I know I was in the wrong, and that I want to fix it if I can, but the people who are so focused on the "wrong" part, can't see or care about my repentance.

I'm also totally willing to stay away from that part of the family forever if that's their wish, but I'm hoping it doesn't come down to that. Am I an awful person because I eventually would like to move past this?
You've had 10+ years to think it over and regret what you did. I too don't know why at this late stage your cousin decided to share it, but it was his right to do so and he obviously has issues. His parents on the other hand have only learned of this a couple of days ago. Why can't you give them some time to digest it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships