Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 PM

525 posts, read 1,548,669 times

Advertisements

I have 1. Its short n sweet. It freaked me out a little the first time he kissed me on the lips out the blue while giving me a tight hug.

Not sure what it means, it has happened the last few times we've met. There's no way anything gonna happen between us as far as relationships go, just friends. He's a "cowboy casanova" For you that don't know the song, listen to it on youtube.

I've tried breaking things off with him but he contacted me recently wanting to see me. Guess trying to be a b*tch and saying some stupid stuff didn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 02:03 PM

221 posts, read 335,778 times
Why would you use underhanded tactics to break up a friendship. If you don't want to be his friend why don't you just tell him this?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM

60 posts, read 117,897 times
I think it's more that she wants to remain friends while making him aware that she isn't interested in more.

Is he American? I'm just curious if maybe that kind of a greeting might be considered normal in another culture.

If he's American that would be a bit odd.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
Why would you use underhanded tactics to break up a friendship. If you don't want to be his friend why don't you just tell him this?

What are underhanded tactics? Its complicated. I've decided Im just gonna hope he doesn't call me and just let things fade

Old 11-16-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDShadow View Post
I think it's more that she wants to remain friends while making him aware that she isn't intereste livd in more.

Is he American? I'm just curious if maybe that kind of a greeting might be considered normal in another culture.

If he's American that would be a bit odd.
we are both americans living in the U.S.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:09 PM

19,595 posts, read 20,039,829 times
I think kisses on the lips between males & females should be reserved for either romantic involvement or family.

I consider lips to be my very personal space!

Old 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,848,957 times
Why don't you just gently tell him the kiss made you a bit uncomfortable and that it shouldn't happen again? Why do you need to throw the entire friendship away for this?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 PM

6,512 posts, read 8,298,152 times
Nope. And my girlfriends don't either. Just my hubby.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:18 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,536,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I have 1. Its short n sweet. It freaked me out a little the first time he kissed me on the lips out the blue while giving me a tight hug.

Not sure what it means, it has happened the last few times we've met. There's no way anything gonna happen between us as far as relationships go, just friends. He's a "cowboy casanova" For you that don't know the song, listen to it on youtube.

I've tried breaking things off with him but he contacted me recently wanting to see me. Guess trying to be a b*tch and saying some stupid stuff didn't work.
sounds like the kiss was special

Old 11-16-2010, 02:27 PM

914 posts, read 1,801,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post

Sounds like he's more than a guy friend if you're breaking off a 'friendship'. If you're breaking off a friendship on those grounds, I would not have any guy friends at all. Just tell the dude to back up or ask.

I kiss my guy friends on my lips depending on how we are, and I do it in front of dudes I date. No big deal. If anything, all my friends get a kiss on the cheek otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships