U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 PM
 
525 posts, read 661,603 times
Reputation: 384

Advertisements

or even using drugs. I know he is though I have no legitimate proof. He has done drugs in the past and has told me he is clean now and I know he was a heavy drug user in the past from what I've heard from other people.

My proof is by what he has told me in our conversations. I give him money when he asks for it. Once he needed it right away and it couldn't wait the next day. He was being demanding about it I don't talk to him unless he iniates the conversation via phone call.

He hadn't had a job in over a year and is living with a relative

He isolates me from his family and his friends. He usually doesn't tell me what to do with my time. Got mad at me for talking to one of his relatives. Though when he sees me he's treats me like his girlfriend even though Im not, he's very affectionite with hugs and kisses including on the mouth. I don't want a relationship with him, never gonna happen

One of my friends used to be involved with him for a few years before she broke it off so I do know a little of what he's like.

Last edited by KatieCountrycm; 11-17-2010 at 12:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-17-2010, 12:28 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
18,354 posts, read 17,071,151 times
Reputation: 17256
Drugs changes the game and the people. If he is a heavy drug user you should find a new friend since the guy you knew is no longer the guy he is.

He is like an alcoholic, he can only help himself. He will use, abuse and steal from you if you let him.

It's your call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
 
24,533 posts, read 14,594,554 times
Reputation: 24910
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I don't want a relationship with him, never gonna happen

One of my friends used to be involved with him for a few years before she broke it off so I do know a little of what he's like.

edit to add, im really sorry about all these relationship threads. This guy is the 1st I've ever been involved with and when I was younger, I've had a sheltered life
So, which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2010, 12:33 PM
 
525 posts, read 661,603 times
Reputation: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
So, which is it?

the 1st guy i've ever been involved with. It's not really a relationship. More of a friendship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2010, 12:39 PM
 
24,533 posts, read 14,594,554 times
Reputation: 24910
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
the 1st guy i've ever been involved with. It's not really a relationship. More of a friendship

Seems like you are not quite sure what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2010, 12:43 PM
 
Location: AZ
5,048 posts, read 6,195,987 times
Reputation: 6617
Why confront anyone? Find a new friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2010, 01:04 PM
 
1,206 posts, read 1,397,156 times
Reputation: 1108
he isnt going to change so your better off not being his friend anymore, hes just using you for what he wants. Katie most of your problems have 1st grader solutions. Your doing this to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 PM
 
27,654 posts, read 21,554,463 times
Reputation: 25300
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
or even using drugs. I know he is though I have no legitimate proof. He has done drugs in the past and has told me he is clean now and I know he was a heavy drug user in the past from what I've heard from other people.

My proof is by what he has told me in our conversations. I give him money when he asks for it. Once he needed it right away and it couldn't wait the next day. He was being demanding about it I don't talk to him unless he iniates the conversation via phone call.

He hadn't had a job in over a year and is living with a relative

He isolates me from his family and his friends. He usually doesn't tell me what to do with my time. Got mad at me for talking to one of his relatives. Though when he sees me he's treats me like his girlfriend even though Im not, he's very affectionite with hugs and kisses including on the mouth. I don't want a relationship with him, never gonna happen

One of my friends used to be involved with him for a few years before she broke it off so I do know a little of what he's like.
Don't confront him. Do you think that if he is using he will even give a rat's ass what you say or think?

Walk away and let that person go. It will save you yards of grief.

If you've never met up with an active druggie or a drunk before, let me tell you this: Do not ever rationalize that the person is basically good-hearted, or a nice person who just went a little wrong, or fall for any other window-dressing they may present to you because they see you as a potential sucker. They are all exactly the same person in different disguises, and that person cares nothing about you or anyone else or anything except getting high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
 
30,398 posts, read 18,705,309 times
Reputation: 14864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Drugs changes the game and the people. If he is a heavy drug user you should find a new friend since the guy you knew is no longer the guy he is.

He is like an alcoholic, he can only help himself. He will use, abuse and steal from you if you let him.

It's your call.
Good post. In fact, he DID steal from her about a week ago yet here she is talking about confronting her *friend*.

He stole my credit card, what is my legal right?

To Katie....you have as many or more issues than your "friend" but don't realize it. Apparently you let a jobless druggie steal from you and occasionally hump you and yet he is still your "friend".

Someone needs to confront you about your own self-destructive behavior before you wind up pregnant with his kid or maybe getting shot when some guys come looking for him and you happen to be around at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2010, 01:24 PM
 
525 posts, read 661,603 times
Reputation: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good post. In fact, he DID steal from her about a week ago yet here she is talking about confronting her *friend*.

He stole my credit card, what is my legal right?

To Katie....you have as many or more issues than your "friend" but don't realize it. Apparently you let a jobless druggie steal from you and occasionally hump you and yet he is still your "friend".

Someone needs to confront you about your own self-destructive behavior before you wind up pregnant with his kid or maybe getting shot when some guys come looking for him and you happen to be around at the time.

I can't get pregnant so there according to the doctors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top