U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 AM

18,285 posts, read 17,657,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1969 View Post
So I'm torn between losing my wife and new born, or losing my current daughter. I can't seem to think of a solution.
Wow. Really? How about - LOSE THE CAT??????

And I really have to question your term - "prior" daughter?? PRIOR?

Seriously. This new wife of yours is a selfish inconsiderate pig to choose a pet over you and your daughter's health. I think you've screwed up big-time here, and it's only going to get worse for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 09:58 AM

10,104 posts, read 5,582,801 times
Quote:
No, the wife won't get rid of the cat. Not an option.
Then she is the most selfish, idiotic woman on the planet!! And you my friend, are the male counterpart!!!!

I agree with Sierra and the others who find it outrageous that you guys wouldn't get rid of the cat.

She is asking you to pick her pet over your daughter. Who does that?!
That's just down right shameful, and crazy!!! Both of you should have your heads examined!!!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,405,324 times
Quote:
No, the wife won't get rid of the cat. Not an option.
What a shame! I love my pets and I love animals but no way would a cat replace my child. Shame on you for allowing this! I know the ending to this story. You will give up your child for this woman and you'll cowl down to her for the rest of your life.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 AM

380 posts, read 423,797 times
Quote:
No, removing the cat when my daughter's there is also not an option. My options are basically see my daughter a couple hours every two weeks, or get divorced (again). I never saw this coming. I thought I knew my wife since we were so close for years and years and years.

Sounds like a warning of things to come to me. If shes not willing to compromise over a cat (especially when she has a new husband and baby) this situation will only spiral into other events on which she wont budge. How terrible for you, shes incredibly selfish. Id say get the divorce. This is a slippery slippery slope.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:00 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,405,324 times
Quote:
I'd love to get rid of the cat. But honestly, if it's me or the cat, then the cat will win. We discussed this prior to the marriage - because my daughter had a sneezing attack. That's why we got her the inhalor from the Dr. In case the allergy triggered asthmatic reations. Again, they've been minor. At any rate, when we disscussed it before marriage we said that we'd work it out if worst came to worst. However, now it's not much of a discussion.

Then that's your fault for marrying this woman. You knew what was coming. And she will pick the CAT OVER YOU, pathetic.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 AM

4,489 posts, read 5,651,395 times
Quote:
No, removing the cat when my daughter's there is also not an option. My options are basically see my daughter a couple hours every two weeks, or get divorced (again). I never saw this coming. I thought I knew my wife since we were so close for years and years and years.
Seriously? The cat can't go live at the neighbors for 3-4 days a month?

You and your current wife could probably benefit from some couples counseling. I question your statement that your current wife and daughter get along without issue. It seems like any step mother who truly loved her step daughter would not be so adamant about a cat.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 AM

420 posts, read 379,626 times
i'm sorry but your new wife AND your ex are being petty. if your daughter is truly that allergic to cats then even if you met her elsewhere she would have a reaction just from the animal dander/hairs on your clothes. tell the ex to take you to court if she wants, a judge is not going to take away visitation over something like this.

if she withholds visitation, call the cops and show them the court ordered schedule. should she still not allow you to take your daughter, contact the courts. SHE would be the one in violation of a court order then.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 AM

Also...what happens if/when the new baby is allergic to the cat?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:04 AM

42,843 posts, read 54,857,697 times
Quote:
But honestly, if it's me or the cat, then the cat will win.
It figures. Satan help you now that you're stuck even with another child!

Well, in this case she should at least shut up when you spend more time outside the house on the weekends your daughter visits, even though I personally think not being able to have your child in your home is beyond ridiculous.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
if your daughter is truly that allergic to cats then even if you met her elsewhere she would have a reaction just from the animal dander/hairs on your clothes.
That's not true. I'm horribly allergic to cats. I walk into a house with a cat and within 5 minutes my eyes will be swollen shut. I have many friends and coworkers with cats though and we hang out without issue. It's not like they're covered in fur when they leave the house or that the cats sleep on the piles of clean laundry.

I live in a house where the previous tenants had 3 cats. Before we moved in, we hired a cleaning service to deep clean everything. I've lived here for a year now and never had a reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships