U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:29 PM
 
Location: overlooking the mighty MO
697 posts, read 662,985 times
Reputation: 1115
I had to pull a calf this morning and i did needed a laugh for the day as well-- thanks citi-boy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:31 PM
 
Location: ATL with a side of Chicago
3,625 posts, read 2,813,609 times
Reputation: 3818
I just wanted to point out that there is a difference between "good looking" and "attractive". If nobody is attracted to you, then you're not "attractive", even if you're "good looking".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:31 PM
 
380 posts, read 407,429 times
Reputation: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I am attractive, so getting her to like me for my looks should be a cake walk. But the point I'm trying to make is how I want her to like me for more than my looks (my personality). And I want her to like me as I am. I don't want to change my personality just to get her to like me.

And if it was up to me, girls would like me. I didn't make up my mind that they don't like me. They made up their mind.

Id say your average in the looks department, unfortunately your judgmental personality paired with that is not going to leave you many options. But hey, if your not looking for sex anyways I'm sure your more then content to lead a life of solitude.

Btw, after school, do you really think your going to have any type of social life to speak of with the way you judge people around you? Even your "friends"? (the ones that act like your not even there in social settings-cant imagine why) Good luck trying to make friends/relationships in the real world where there arent people your age basically placed in your lap for you, like in college. Youll have to rely on something more than looks and unfortunately no matter how "attractive" you may think you are your going fail miserably at finding things to relate to people with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 PM
 
6,046 posts, read 6,059,423 times
Reputation: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
To be honest - most of my friends don't care that much what a guy looks like. I certainly don't - it's the personality that makes it or breaks it for me. I think the guys I have dated are attractive because of who they are. Most of the guys that I dated didn't care if they were good looking or not - they just were who they were.

I think we should all try to be the best we can be - but if you notice that you are constantly having people turn away from you or that people constantly have a bad reaction to you - that might be something you have to deal with. I used to be a know it all. I was smart and I wanted others to know that I was smart. I would correct them and say things to assert my intelligence. Bottom line - I was obnoxious. I realized that people don't like other people constantly correcting them and talking down to them. Not fun. Also - you can easily recognize an intelligent person with out them having to spout quantum physics and such. So - I altered by behavior. I was making others irritated with me and I was getting upset with myself. Now - I'm a much happier person and I make those around me feel good about themselves. It's a win win situation. But I had to realize what I was doing in order for me to change it. I don't feel like I changed the core of who I was or compromised by personality - I just made myself a little bit better and a little bit happier.
So you're saying there's no limit for you as far as looks go? You're saying if you like a guy's personality, it doesn't matter how he looks? What if he's extremly unattractive? I mean the type of unattractive where no one find them attractive. Like this: http://www.yousaytoo.com/gallery_image/pic2/7362/medium/2554.jpg (broken link)

There are girls I didn't find attractive at first, but then I found them more attractive when I got to know them. And there are also girls that I found attractive until I got to know them.

But I have my limits. There are certain girls I would never find attractive, no matter how attractive their personality is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
 
6,046 posts, read 6,059,423 times
Reputation: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
Id say your average in the looks department, unfortunately your judgmental personality paired with that is not going to leave you many options. But hey, if your not looking for sex anyways I'm sure your more then content to lead a life of solitude.

Btw, after school, do you really think your going to have any type of social life to speak of with the way you judge people around you? Even your "friends"? (the ones that act like your not even there in social settings-cant imagine why) Good luck trying to make friends/relationships in the real world where there arent people your age basically placed in your lap for you, like in college. Youll have to rely on something more than looks and unfortunately no matter how "attractive" you may think you are your going fail miserably at finding things to relate to people with.
I admit I'm judgmental. But my friends don't know that. There was a girl I lost interst in because she went bad. But she never knew I was into her in the first place, so she certainly didn't know I lost interest in her when she became a bad girl. It's not like I tell people these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
15,949 posts, read 8,260,649 times
Reputation: 15830
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
So you're saying there's no limit for you as far as looks go? You're saying if you like a guy's personality, it doesn't matter how he looks? What if he's extremly unattractive? I mean the type of unattractive where no one find them attractive. Like this: http://www.yousaytoo.com/gallery_image/pic2/7362/medium/2554.jpg (broken link)

There are girls I didn't find attractive at first, but then I found them more attractive when I got to know them. And there are also girls that I found attractive until I got to know them.

But I have my limits. There are certain girls I would never find attractive, no matter how attractive their personality is.
I don't know what my limits are. All I know is that out of the guys that have asked me out, hit on me, or shown interest in me - it was never their looks that deterred me. If I didn't go out with them - it was always because of their personality. In fact, I usually reserve my judgement on whether or not someone is attractive until I've had a conversation with them.
For instance - I can't tell you objectively if my husband is attractive. To me, he's the best looking guy in the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
 
6,046 posts, read 6,059,423 times
Reputation: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Already asked and answered. You're not any Adonis, just a little skinny 19 year old who fits into and enjoys size 3 girl's pants. Duh. It's not up to you whether girls like you or not. It's up to them and they obviously don't find you attractive for many reasons. But since (broken record on my part) you have no desire to have sex or marriage or children, what's the point and what's the question?
You don't get it. I want girls to find me attractive. I just don't want to marry them, don't want to have sex, and don't want kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
 
Location: overlooking the mighty MO
697 posts, read 662,985 times
Reputation: 1115
where is this picture of citi-boy??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:55 PM
 
3,409 posts, read 2,127,353 times
Reputation: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I think personality is just a default answer someone gives to describe why they like (or don't like) someone. I'm not talking about friends, I'm talking about someone liking (or not liking) someone as romantic relationship material.

When I think about it, I've never heard someone explain why they like/dislike someone's personality. They just say "I like his/her personality"

Is this just something people say when they can't think of a reason? Or is it just hard to put the reason into words, so that's why they say personality (if that's the case, I can somewhat understand)?
Word will never describe it. You just know it when you see and hear it. I never really went for I am this..this...this...this...this...and this. You just get a feel for it after awhile. Some people are warm to me in minutes. Others take days, weeks or even months. Some repulse me in a few seconds. Naturally, I only tend to like people who like me back and understand me. If you never bother to look at the whole picture before casting judgment, it sends signals of what I'm thinking about them/you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2011, 01:58 PM
 
6,046 posts, read 6,059,423 times
Reputation: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Word will never describe it. You just know it when you see and hear it. I never really went for I am this..this...this...this...this...and this. You just get a feel for it after awhile. Some people are warm to me in minutes. Others take days, weeks or even months. Some repulse me in a few seconds. Naturally, I only tend to like people who like me back and understand me. If you never bother to look at the whole picture before casting judgment, it sends signals of what I'm thinking about them/you.
This post makes some good points. Some people do exactly what you don't do. They give a description of themselves or another person using certain words. But sometimes I disagree with their assessment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top