U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2011, 02:27 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,053,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
im positive this 'Katie' person is really a bunch of college students bored on a Saturday night, pa-trolling!!

worried about telling a drug addict about a non-addiction or an addiction to something that doesnt get you high?...
I thought that too but the more I read about what Katie is telling us about herself, the more I believe her.

Here's what I know so far about her from her many threads and posts:

She's from a small town, little communications or love from either or mother or father while growing up, she is either totally deaf or semi-deaf. She loves to drink and won't go out with someone that doesn't drink and get drunk. She loves to hang with the town drunks and addicts. Did I leave anything out? I can't think of anything but there might be more that I'm forgetting right now.

I'm also beginning to believe that Katie has a low IQ. I believe she's so messed up, she doesn't know what's good for her and what is appropriate behavior.

I also don't think she'll come back to this thread and will start another thread tomorrow about some other problem or issue she's having.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 02:44 AM

822 posts, read 975,545 times
Funny stuff right here. I love the comments about Flintstone's Vitamins. I used to deal FlinVites, as we call them on the street, in East L.A. Mexican Mafia brought them up from Juarez.
She could have at least said she was hooked on Extra Strength Excedrin. That's some good stuff right there.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:16 AM

4,404 posts, read 4,831,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I think she's a lost cause. Thread after thread of one drama after another and she doesn't listen to anyone, just works on her next thread title. If she's addicted to anything it's counting responses to her threads.

Don't we know someone else on this board who plays that game?

Old 05-29-2011, 05:53 AM

1,363 posts, read 750,517 times
You don't mention why you take so much tylenol, but I would suggest more exercise, a healthier diet and less booze. Can't hurt. If you are still in pain, try naproxin sodium.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:27 AM

1,815 posts, read 2,803,310 times
Tylenol is the number 1 cause of liver failure.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:17 AM

4,847 posts, read 4,640,620 times
::: y a w n :::

Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,868,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
It started almost 4 months ago popping tylenol like candy usually 4 a day. On rare occasions I've taken between 8-10 a day, once I took 14 and felt like s***. Sometimes I drink booze, usually beer and energy drinks. I was never taught how to deal with life because I learned to bottle everything up and have been dealt a s****y hand with whatever life threw at me.

I don't want a pity party just want him to understand me better and where I'm coming from. I lashed out at him recently and threatened to break up with him. He was mad about it and I blamed it on that everything was going too fast between us. In reality, I have too much s*** on my plate and my own addiction problem with tylenol and booze. He knows I like to drink but not that I abuse tylenol. I don't want him to not like me anymore because I really like him. We're in a casual relationship and see him a few times a month. He's the best thing that's happen to me. He knows that I almost OD'd on pills once by accident. He has major drug issues too and I know that isn't gonna change anytime soon. He denies the problem and know that he's using behind my back. I can tell by his behavior and the amount of time he spends in the bathroom

I do think he likes me more than a friend the way he acts sometimes. He knows that I don't want anything more than friends with benefits.
After reading through some of your stuff I can agree with you that you're a mess! I hope you hit a sufficient bottom, before you die, to reach out for, and accept help without the constant 'yeah but...'. There is a FAR better life waiting for you than this one, you only need to want it. However it requires you accept what you are, and become determined to not be that anymore.

"I was never taught how to deal with life" But you're desperately holding onto this lousy one, with dreams that at some point this drug addict FWB is suddenly going to show up in a tux, haircut, limo flowers multimillon dollar job and Calgon you away from all this, and you'll go to his villa in France far away from all the stress and strains of life ...yadda ydda yadda.

Reality: YOU ARE KILLING YOURSELF, RUINING YOUR BODY AND HANGING OUT WITH LIKE LOSERS.

Cure: There are people recovered from such a horrific life they'd make your one look like a cupcake chariot ride through candyland and now their current life makes your's look like a never ending Freddies nightmare movie. And they are out there, willing to help you but YOU must WANT their help. Nobody will be able to "fix you" it's a group effort-meet us halfway thingy. And from reading your responces you balk at any advice, which is not your fault, it's totally normal for somebody in your situation. You have to give up fighting before you can win. I wish you well.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 AM

5,004 posts, read 4,898,227 times
Years ago, my youngest brother was upset over a girl and took a bottle of Tylenol - they rushed him to the hospital and had his stomach pumped.

KatieCountrycm - I think you need to attend AA meetings; there's hundreds of people who can relate to your story. You need to get to the bottom of what's eating you. Plus living a good clean life wouldn't hurt you as well.

Tylenol Liver Damage - How Tylenol Can Damage the Liver

Old 05-29-2011, 09:17 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,868,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I thought that too but the more I read about what Katie is telling us about herself, the more I believe her.

Here's what I know so far about her from her many threads and posts:

She's from a small town, little communications or love from either or mother or father while growing up, she is either totally deaf or semi-deaf. She loves to drink and won't go out with someone that doesn't drink and get drunk. She loves to hang with the town drunks and addicts. Did I leave anything out? I can't think of anything but there might be more that I'm forgetting right now.

I'm also beginning to believe that Katie has a low IQ. I believe she's so messed up, she doesn't know what's good for her and what is appropriate behavior.

I also don't think she'll come back to this thread and will start another thread tomorrow about some other problem or issue she's having.
Most of the world's highest IQ people have had an addiction problem at some point in their life. But to the simple minded who can't conceive addict,or being able to break free from it, a frequent stereotype is to label those with..stupid. The best and the brightest are not immune to the siren call of reality escape. The worlds best writers, philosophers and scientists are full of addicts. The current reigning "smartest man in the world" has admitted alcoholism. Some beat it, many don't. As a matter of fact the smarter you are, the harder it is to break free. The feeling that YOU can solve any problem yourself without outside help is what ends up killing most of them.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:38 AM

5,548 posts, read 4,374,468 times
A couple of real life things I've come across:

1) A Dr. in a rehab who said just two weeks of drinking and combining tylenol will destroy your liver.

2) A woman who abused Tylenol who was in stage IV liver disease and STILL not sure she was willing to stop the drinking or tylenol (btw, it was the tylenol primarily that destroyed her liver). I pleaded with her to go see a Dr and get something less harmful - even a benzo - but she said she would not subsitute one problem for another. I am a big believer in harm reduction but I guess she is not. Don't know if she is still alive or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships