U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:19 AM

66,475 posts, read 16,372,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Because we were good friends online over the summer in 2007. Sure, we never met in person. But we knew each other online.

After the summer, we stopped talking because of time zone differences (we were rarely online at the same time). But some time around June 2008, I posted on her facebook wall saying "I haven't talked to you in a long time. How have you been?"

I was acknowledging that we hadn't talked in a while, but also getting the point across that I still want to be her friend. And she never responded.

But she kept me as a friend. Then about a year later, I tried to talk to her on FaceChat and she never responded. Shortly after (but not immediately after), she deleted me as a friend.
If someone does not respond twice then it means they are not interested.And you two never communicated on facebook. So let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 08:22 AM

6,046 posts, read 10,050,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
If someone does not respond twice then it means they are not interested.And you two never communicated on facebook. So let it go.
What makes you jump to that conclusion? How would you know?

For your information, we most certainly communicated on facebook.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
What makes you jump to that conclusion? How would you know?

For your information, we most certainly communicated on facebook.
So,if you don't believe what we told you,then continue as you wish,see if she responds,we are only giving you suggestions.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
So,if you don't believe what we told you,then continue as you wish,see if she responds,we are only giving you suggestions.
You're misunderstanding the story, so let me explain:

We communicated on facebook and she reciprocated over the summer in 2007. Then we stopped talking during the 2007-2008 school year. Around June 2008, I posted on her wall. Then around June 2009, I sent her a message on FaceChat. She deleted me over the summer in 2009. I'm not going to try to talk to her again since it's been 2 years since she deleted me.

But I have a feeling you thought the only times I talked to her on facebook were the times when she didn't respond. I was just telling you that's not the case.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
You're misunderstanding the story, so let me explain:

We communicated on facebook and she reciprocated over the summer in 2007. Then we stopped talking during the 2007-2008 school year. Around June 2008, I posted on her wall. Then around June 2009, I sent her a message on FaceChat. She deleted me over the summer in 2009. I'm not going to try to talk to her again since it's been 2 years since she deleted me.

But I have a feeling you thought the only times I talked to her on facebook were the times when she didn't respond. I was just telling you that's not the case.
I understood it perfectly in your earlier comments. So you make your own decisions that's what I just said. Don't need to be so defensive. You were asking us a question and actually you do see the situation.if not,continue sending her messages and see if she responds.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I understood it perfectly in your earlier comments. So you make your own decisions that's what I just said. Don't need to be so defensive. You were asking us a question and actually you do see the situation.
But you said we never communicated on facebook. So clearly you didn't understand.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
But you said we never communicated on facebook. So clearly you didn't understand.
I meant that communicated on facebook and talked in person. I am sorry but I will not respond to this thread anymore.I was just trying to be helpful but not attacking. so this is my last post!

Old 06-11-2011, 08:58 AM

6,620 posts, read 2,185,130 times
I know I will regret responding to this, but here goes:

This happened three years ago! Move on with your life and quit obsessing over things you cannot change! Have you ever read the Serenity Prayer??? You might consider it.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:41 PM

38,854 posts, read 20,166,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
I may have misunderstood it. I saw something on the news about it, in which they said FB was tagging the photos itself automatically. I wasn't happy about getting tagged in people's pics I may not even know, but if that isn't what's happening, I guess that's a different story.
I don't know if this is related to the new feature or not but just noticed that two people who are not even my "friends" had the ability to be tagged in my albums. Now those pics were actually of these two individuals but I thought that you had to actually be friends with them before they can be tagged in your album. They were tagged by a Face book friend of mine. I don't mind having these two to be tagged as I would like them to be able to have access to the picture but concerned about the potential issue of one of my contacts opening up my private pics to a non-friend. Does this make sense?

Old 06-11-2011, 02:44 PM

990 posts, read 1,525,390 times
Quote:
concerned about the potential issue of one of my contacts opening up my private pics to a non-friend. Does this make sense?
Yep, that's how embarrassing photos start making the rounds on the internet and can go on forever & ever & ever, and things you thought were private aren't.
I hear universities and employers are checking out applicants by visiting their FB, Twitter, etc accounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships