U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:13 AM

2,386 posts, read 5,454,622 times

Advertisements

I don't know about anybody else but I am the type of person that is about communication. I always like to make things clear and concrete and I'm not the type of person that likes to beat around the bush. If I am going to say something, if I want to say something, if something is happening, if this is my plan, if there's something I can't tell you, I'll simply will communicate that to you. I'm basically as direct and straightforward that I can be.

So it kills me when other people can never really communicate with me. Last night for example; I was supposed to hangout with some friends however that never happened. They were supposed to meet up with me at my place so we can watch some MMA event. Through the day I kept in contact with them just to make sure they were coming so I can buy some drinks, get some munchies and I even cooked some food.

They all (4) confirmed they were coming. As time drew nearer, I still kept in contact to make a head count. Then 20 minutes to show time no one contacted me yet so I was curious as to if anyone was going to come or not. Right then and there they decide to tell me not only is one person from the party extremely late and they are far away (an hour) but that they are NOT coming.

This had me pretty red. Usually one member of our group is always late, late to his own funeral in fact. It's nothing new and usually I let it go and don't flip but this time I had to make mention of how they never communicated. So they pretty much said "Oh hey, we're just going to catch the show here at this bar" etc etc. Pretty much without saying "Sorry to keep you waiting" or something. I brought it up to them and told them I wasn't happy that they cancelled very last minute instead of keeping me up-to-date. They apologized and said they were going to "compensate me" for the drinks and food and all that. Its only because I told them I was unhappy though that they apologized....

I can care less about spending money but its rather the time that was wasted and the lack of communication that drives me nuts with people. Especially people who are older than me by a good amount of years. Maybe I expect too much out of people, I don't know but to me, communication is friggin essential! Our lives depend on it, insects, animals, the WORLD communicates. I just don't understand why some people can't be upfront about things.

I hate when people duck their tales in between their legs and ignore phone calls if they can't do something or just are too afraid of just communicating anything! At the end of the day, if you can't make it to a certain event, don't want to or something preventing you from making it, whatever the case maybe communicate that to me! At the end of the day, even if I am disappointed, a little upset, whatever the case may be, AT LEAST I can respect the fact that you were able to communicate that to me. At least I have an idea of whats going on, time doesn't have to be wasted etc.

I'm speaking in general terms here, not just with my friends. People who can't communicate bug me because its usually something that's SIMPLE to communicate that they make hard on themselves. I won't be surprised if I'm alone here because it seems like its an acceptable thing to do nowadays; to be a biatch, ignore phone calls, text, e-mails, etc and just not say anything (if its important and necessary that is). I remember when I was a kid (I'm only 24) communication was important in every way. My mother, teachers, and other adults would tell me-if I didn't communicate, I didn't get what I want. What's up with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 06:17 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,103,172 times
I hear you.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:57 AM

2,386 posts, read 5,454,622 times
I am glad that you understand where I coming from Miss Lucky. Makes me feel sane! Ahahaha

Old 07-31-2011, 07:44 AM

6,662 posts, read 26,310,164 times
Sounds like you may be a bit too intense for your friends.
Friends usually are flighty and rude, we put up with it because they are friends.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:19 AM

12,886 posts, read 15,438,852 times
Sorry you were let down Lital_The_Best....you're right...some people can be very inconsiderate of others....I'm glad they at least apologized and promised to make it up to you.....Next time, maybe, you shouldn't go all out for them, as your preparations to make them feel welcome in your home were all for naught.....

Old 07-31-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I am glad that you understand where I coming from Miss Lucky. Makes me feel sane! Ahahaha
Someone did the same thing to me yesterday.. Actually two people did the same thing to me yesterday . One promised to bring her daughter so she could play with my son but it never happened. She called to apologize for this however so I'll giver her a break. The other promised to come over for dinner, then as we got close to the agreed time (like 20 mins before) they started texting casual things like "hey, how's your day going?" Uhmm, how's my day going?? I have spent the last couple of hours cooking for us, that's how. So then here comes the "I'm sorry I can't make it tonight" I text back saying that's fine but couldn't they have just told me earlier so I wouldn't have had to put all the effort I did? No response. Decided to call their cellphone, no response. So I'm super mad at this point, thinking of doing all the unthinkable things like unfriending them on Facebook and all, lol!

We need a new circle of friends, I guess..

Old 07-31-2011, 10:53 AM

2,502 posts, read 3,142,524 times
Are you by any chance a Virgo?

Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 AM

4,969 posts, read 7,320,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Sounds like you may be a bit too intense for your friends.
Friends usually are flighty and rude, we put up with it because they are friends.
Attitudes like yours are way society and politeness are falling apart in the USA.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Are you by any chance a Virgo?
I'm thinking her flaky friends are Virgos..

Old 07-31-2011, 11:02 AM

9,397 posts, read 13,692,331 times
I agree Lital, there's nothing more annoying than people who don't communicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships