Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 05:30 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,914,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, here's the thing. By the time you're 40, with the exception of dread diseases or acts of God, it's always a good idea to assume that your position in life is the sum total of your own decisions. Bitterness is really laziness. Because the bitter person rarely stops to consider what he did to create his own mess of a life--or lacks the courage.

Sure, you might have caught an unlucky break, but who hasn't? At the same time, there's not a single person who, as an adult, hasn't had to deal with most of the problems you have, and a few that you haven't.
Oh, I know that my messes are my own fault. But I'm bitter anyways. I'm bitter about how inadequate I myself am ! I didn't choose to be this inadequate ! I didn't choose to be this talentless ! I didn't choose to have the personality problems and laziness that I have !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Some people actually look forward to the end of their lives.
I think that I do. I've had about enough. But I know that I'm still here for a purpose, so I've got to grin and bear it. I welcome the end, though.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
Not to rain on your parade too much, but a lot of the "bitter" people you're denouncing might be clinically depressed, which is not something that's easy to just "snap out of."
And I refuse to take a pill for depression anyways. If there are pills out there that are supposedly the same (Luvox and Prozac), but they affect you so very differently, how am I supposed to trust that these people making and prescribing these things have a clue what they're doing ? I don't want to take a pill to treat my depression and OCD.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I wont enjoy anything until I'm 6' under.
Well, you can't enjoy anything when you're dead. So I guess you're up the creek.

You're still here for a reason, bson. You've got to grin and bear it.

Once it's over, it's over, and there ain't no going back.

Grin and bear it.

On the positive side, there are still sunsets and hamburgers to enjoy. So you might as well enjoy what you can anyways, in spite of all your problems. I sure do !

Old 08-18-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Plan for eternity...its ALOT longer than down here.
I don't believe we exist for an eternity, so I refuse to plan for it.

No, all we know we have is what we have today. You can have your religious beliefs, but not everybody shares them. Nor can you make them share them with your threats of hellfire.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 PM

49,968 posts, read 63,265,686 times
Easy for you to say. You don't have my life. I have a kid in Afghanistan, a kid in rehab, a DH who's been on unemployment for a year, and a fear that I'll spend my golden years in a trailer eating cat food. Go blow sunshine somewhere else.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:42 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,354,367 times
Quote:
Bitterness is really laziness.
Quite a sweeping generalization. I've known plenty of hard-working people who were bitter, usually because of a tragedy that occured in their life (which has nothing to do with being lazy). I work with a man who lost his home in a mountain fire, I work with another whose son was murdered accidentally by the police, I know someone else who is dying of leukemia. I would characterize all three as "bitter" to varying degrees but I think they have the right to feel this way, considering their past history.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,099,763 times
**** being cheerful.

Hate and anger make me happy.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:03 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,928,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
**** being cheerful.

Hate and anger make me happy.
F*ck hate and anger.

I'm too mellow to be angry and too tired to spread hate. If anything I'm happy just sitting down!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:07 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,099,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
F*ck hate and anger.

I'm too mellow to be angry and too tired to spread hate. If anything I'm happy just sitting down!
You just pissed me off.

Which made me happy.

So, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships