Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,640,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Ya know....
It's threads like this that help you help you.
I like it.
It's super easy to be bitter and mean.
Easy to fall into that trap.
Thanks to the OP for opening the door.

Continue.....
Disagree, they're made with good intentions but it's usually the same "stop being bitter" or "seize the day" advice. Might as well tell someone who's sad to "stop being sad."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 10:30 AM

8,012 posts, read 8,166,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
and I have come in contact with several the past year, women and men.
Usually older than myself......

Lighten the f*** up and learn to relax and have a good time.
Life is too short to be bitter. Enjoy it while you are still here.

Some people actually look forward to the end of their lives.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:49 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,379,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I agree, but life isn't flowers and roses and there's nothing wrong with being affected by the myriad bad stimuli on the planet.
I agree.....my OP was directed at people who spend most of their time being bitter. Now, some might say what made some of them like that is alot of trauma in their life and I can understand such cases. But an effort to change, Is what I'm encouraging.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:18 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,511,280 times
Quote:
I agree.....my OP was directed at people who spend most of their time being bitter. Now, some might say what made some of them like that is alot of trauma in their life and I can understand such cases. But an effort to change, Is what I'm encouraging.
Not to rain on your parade too much, but a lot of the "bitter" people you're denouncing might be clinically depressed, which is not something that's easy to just "snap out of."

Old 08-18-2011, 02:28 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,124,207 times
Quote:

I wish it would work like that. Just say it, they do it and it's done.

Unfortunately, bitterness is like a decease inside, which will need to be healed or a surgery will need to be performed.

Why do people feel bitter? Becasue they continuously experienced dissapointment after disappointment, experienced lots of pain and lost hope. It's the people who have no abilities to deal with pain as good as others can. It's the people who are in trouble.

Yes, it's hard to live with them. They don't usualy react to people in a nice way. But it can't be fixed just like that. Otherwise, they would be first to stand in line "to get fixed". Becasue life sure is unpleasant when you are bitter.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:30 PM

582 posts, read 1,017,968 times
Quote:

I wont enjoy anything until I'm 6' under.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:34 PM

3,011 posts, read 6,279,484 times
Quote:

I agree. Why?..Because I've been there and it sucks. Instead of seeing adverse and negative situations as obstacles like I used to, I now see them as a means to learn and be stronger. I look back and certain events that I thought should have transpired that fell through, well, I'm glad they didn't.

I'm happy now that I did not get certain jobs or relationships that I thought I SHOULD have years ago. If I did, I would't be where I am today. In fact, I don't know WHERE I would be, lol.

EVERY thing happens or does not transpire for a reason. However, we are too busy with instant gratification to see the larger picture.

In closing, bitterness can be detected a mile away and no one wants to be around you. I know first hand. Life is too short for that.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:46 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,573,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555 View Post
I wish it would work like that. Just say it, they do it and it's done.

Unfortunately, bitterness is like a decease inside, which will need to be healed or a surgery will need to be performed.

Why do people feel bitter? Becasue they continuously experienced dissapointment after disappointment, experienced lots of pain and lost hope. It's the people who have no abilities to deal with pain as good as others can. It's the people who are in trouble.

Yes, it's hard to live with them. They don't usualy react to people in a nice way. But it can't be fixed just like that. Otherwise, they would be first to stand in line "to get fixed". Becasue life sure is unpleasant when you are bitter.
I really like your post. I do think life's experiences affect people and how they see life.They may become more fearful of life. I think bitterness really is a form of fear...it's a way to harden you from more disappointments because you have this facade of a thorny shell around you.

It's sad because in reality it just makes life miserable for everyone.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:55 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,742,792 times
Quote:

If the populus could refrain from the 'F this and F that' language and attitude....I and alot of others who remember whats right from wrong, wouldnt be so bitter and uptight ! Lifes too short to think you can relax and act/talk/behave anyway you feel like because the person thinks they are at the center of the universe in importance and authority. Plan for eternity...its ALOT longer than down here.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:56 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,166,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I really like your post. I do think life's experiences affect people and how they see life.They may become more fearful of life. I think bitterness really is a form of fear...it's a way to harden you from more disappointments because you have this facade of a thorny shell around you.

It's sad because in reality it just makes life miserable for everyone.
I wonder if you could consider shy people bitter? They're shy because they're sensitive to rejection and disappointment just like those that are bitter. However, unlike bitter people they don't bring everyone down with their negativity they just don't socialize with people out of the fear of facing more pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships