U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,049,775 times

Advertisements

I can only imagine how frustrating your situation is right now. You've gotten some really good advice. I think you should first try to find other living arrangements, maybe another family member or boarding school as someone suggested. Since you're parents are willing to let your brother lay around the house and steal from everybody, they should be willing to foot the bill for boarding school. If not, I would definitely go with calling the cops. That way, when your parents get angry, you can tell them that you tried every other option, which is more than they did.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 06:16 PM

1,634 posts, read 2,998,031 times
You only have 2 options:

1) Next time your brother smokes himself stupid, beat the crap out of him. Tell him next time he touches your stuff, he's going to get cut. Look fierce.

2) Get a padlock for the closet door. Throw his stuff out and keep your stuff there.

http://www.labsafety.com/images/regular/Heavy-Duty-Hinge-Padlock-LSS-_i_S_161359.jpg (broken link)
(The long part should be folded over the screw holes so the screws can't be removed. This application is wrong)

Do your parents know he smokes weed? You could always show your parents his stash over and over so he gets in trouble. Next time he drives somewhere, tip the cops that he has weed. If you know who is supplying him with weed, you can call/email Crimestoppers anonymously and report that they are selling weed.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:23 PM

1,550 posts, read 3,064,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
An old fashioned a$$ whoopin sometimes fits the bill.
It never goes out of style but these "new " parents won't discipline their kids nowadays. That may be his problem or what it seems as if ...hmmm ... are your parents using prescription drugs or drink frequently also? If so, they may not do anything because they also are drug addicts too. Drugees don't turn in drugees either it's street drugs or prescribed.

Like 1ATP said,an old fashioned a$$ whoopin... GOODUN TOO in the middle of the night when he is stealing your stuff; that will be your evidence.
You know, you will be out of this in a couple of years but your parents are going to have to deal with him when they get old and HE is going to give them the old fashioned a$$ whoopin and take their money from them; I feel sorry for them

Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,037,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
You only have 2 options:

1) Next time your brother smokes himself stupid, beat the crap out of him. Tell him next time he touches your stuff, he's going to get cut. Look fierce.

2) Get a padlock for the closet door. Throw his stuff out and keep your stuff there.

(The long part should be folded over the screw holes so the screws can't be removed. This application is wrong)

Do your parents know he smokes weed? You could always show your parents his stash over and over so he gets in trouble. Next time he drives somewhere, tip the cops that he has weed. If you know who is supplying him with weed, you can call/email Crimestoppers anonymously and report that they are selling weed.
I was going to suggest something similar. Change your door handle to one like the front door, one that you need a key to get in. There are obvisiously other problems going on here, but the stealing from you can be prevented, unless he knows how to pick the lock. Do you both share a room? Some companies have their computers screwed down to prevent people from stealing them. Maybe you can have your parents buy something like that since they aren't taking care of things properly. You can get a large metal box, one that you can put a lock on. Make it more difficult for him to get into. Try to find out where he is selling the stuff. A good friend of mine has a son who has had problems with her son stealing stuff from the family, selling it to pawn shops and using it to buy drugs. Most (if not all) will have a holding period. You won't get the full value of what he sold it for, but you can recoup some of the money and make your parents pay for the money you put out to get yor things back, or just have your parents pay for a replacement. If your parents aren't protecting you and your stuff, they need to at least replace what has been stolen. Why should you have to foot the bill for your brothers issues. If they have the money, it shouldn't be a problem.

I hope your situation gets better! My sympathy goes out to you.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:52 PM

6,475 posts, read 9,891,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicicicico View Post
I guess your right. I told my mom directly today, "the next time I find him steeling my money or smoking pot i will call the cops."

She replied with threatning consequences if i do because "i have to obey the rules of the house".
And the rules say you can smoke pot and steal money from everyone? By all means, do it. What was you reply when she spouted that nonsense? And what are the "consequences"? Your mom sounds like my mom. And my mom is still stuck with her money-stealing, pot-smoking, never working, brother... and he's 51. This is your mom's future. Fill her in on it.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:07 PM

34,935 posts, read 31,969,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
It never goes out of style but these "new " parents won't discipline their kids nowadays. That may be his problem or what it seems as if ...hmmm ... are your parents using prescription drugs or drink frequently also? If so, they may not do anything because they also are drug addicts too. Drugees don't turn in drugees either it's street drugs or prescribed.

Like 1ATP said,an old fashioned a$$ whoopin... GOODUN TOO in the middle of the night when he is stealing your stuff; that will be your evidence.
You know, you will be out of this in a couple of years but your parents are going to have to deal with him when they get old and HE is going to give them the old fashioned a$$ whoopin and take their money from them; I feel sorry for them
Exactly. This guy's chump brother is going to be a parasite for as long as he can. At some point he's likely to physically hurt his own Parents. Kick his A$$ to the curb until he figures out what respect is. Send him some links to articles where losers like him get stuff cut off for stealing in other Countries. Wait until he's good and stoned and beat him smart with a hand full of quarters in a sock.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
I was going to suggest something similar. Change your door handle to one like the front door, one that you need a key to get in. There are obvisiously other problems going on here, but the stealing from you can be prevented, unless he knows how to pick the lock. Do you both share a room? Some companies have their computers screwed down to prevent people from stealing them. Maybe you can have your parents buy something like that since they aren't taking care of things properly. You can get a large metal box, one that you can put a lock on. Make it more difficult for him to get into. Try to find out where he is selling the stuff. A good friend of mine has a son who has had problems with her son stealing stuff from the family, selling it to pawn shops and using it to buy drugs. Most (if not all) will have a holding period. You won't get the full value of what he sold it for, but you can recoup some of the money and make your parents pay for the money you put out to get yor things back, or just have your parents pay for a replacement. If your parents aren't protecting you and your stuff, they need to at least replace what has been stolen. Why should you have to foot the bill for your brothers issues. If they have the money, it shouldn't be a problem.

I hope your situation gets better! My sympathy goes out to you.
Please people, we're talking about a drug user who doesn't respect his parents. The lock he will pick it or go around it by knocking down the door entirely; a safe he would just take it somewhere and say it is his and he lost the key and someone would open it for him or just take an axe to it. This is more than just weed if he is stealing that much. Move in with someone to get away from that craziness so YOU can have a peace of mind. Like I say, "Crazy is the new Norm."

Old 08-23-2011, 07:36 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,836,331 times
Help your brother and call the police. Time he learns his lesson before he starts stealing from others if he is not already doing that.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 PM

34,935 posts, read 31,969,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Help your brother and call the police. Time he learns his lesson before he starts stealing from others if he is not already doing that.
If it's ok at home it's ok anywhere with these people.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Exactly. This guy's chump brother is going to be a parasite for as long as he can. At some point he's likely to physically hurt his own Parents. Kick his A$$ to the curb until he figures out what respect is. Send him some links to articles where losers like him get stuff cut off for stealing in other Countries. Wait until he's good and stoned and beat him smart with a hand full of quarters in a sock.
LOL, LOL...that's GOOD...LOL. Make sure it's Hanes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships