U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 PM

12,847 posts, read 15,308,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
WTF!!!!!!!!

And don't get the police involved!!! Now wait ONE MINUTE; that's just plain crazy thinking on your part. This guy will be a MAN in less than a year and guess what? Somebody is going to shoot and kill him before he is 20 years old if he begins to steal from others...guaranteed. I know I would because I am NOT going let somebody come in or on my property and take what is MINE w/o putting a cap in his/her A$$

Like I said "Crazy is the new norm." and this post is proof of it
OUCH!!!I still absolutely would NOT get the cops involved....no way!...I can't see sending a young man into the world with a criminal record...now that to me IS crazy, and hopefully NOT the new norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,294 times
I have the same problem . My little brother is now 22 , i'm 25. For the last 6 years he has been out of control . My mother is a single parent and doesn't know what to do either. He took everything from her checking account, on top of that he would come home wasted , and start cursing at my mom. When he isn't stealing from her ,he is stealing from his siblings, and it's amazing how low he'll go to get cash. For example, he stole my check book and wrote countless of checkes to himself. His handwriting ,his handwriting is horrible, I dont know how he got them to cash the personal check. I wasn't aware that I had a check book at my moms house, and because I was so busy with school and work I didn't even noticed it until i went online and checked my account and viewed the checks he wrote. I was using money i thought i had and he was using it at the same time. As his older sister ,I took care of him food, clothing, shoes even when he did ask me for money, and wouldn't every think would screw me over like this. I don't know why it's hard to just not care about him and about his future. When he doesn't care about my future, and till this day he is still stealing now i'm worried about how i'm going to pay for school.Even as much as we try to hide our cash and cards when his around he always finds a way, and when i see him he acts like he didn't do anything wrong.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,200 times
My sister-in-law steals from me!! So don't worry I know how you feel. She is bad though she steals my clothes, shoes, jewlery, sunglasses and I even noticed she was stealing my underwear!! I don't know what to do I confronted her and it just leads to fights (which we have done before...physical fights) I'm so tired of it. I bought a lock, everything seemed fine now im missing my ray ban aviator sunglasses and it kills me to know she has them because I work so hard for my stuff. I wish I can take her to court but I have no proof. I don't know what else to do.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,075 times
Get a bank account and put every dime into it. You have a passcode on your card, that's your safety. My brother is 24 years old, living in my moms basement! No job, stealing smokes and money, we have stuff hidden apsolutely everywhere. I'm fortunate enough that I have my bankaccount so when he says "can I bum a 20 of ya sis?" All I say is "sorry bro, saving for college and all I have is my bank card." I'd never tell him the code and when he gets mad, yeah he may slam doors and blast music, but in the end, his 18 year old sister has a job, is well off, going to school for nursing, and he's still in the basement, with no highschool diploma, no job, smoking pot and stealing. You have to realise, he has no future, but you do. He's your UNexample of how to grow up. Without my brother, I wouldnt know how apsolutely stupid my life would be if I chose to live like him. Please get a bank account. Its the only way to stop him from stealing your cash. And. He'll still steal, but it'll be from your parents, and all u gotta do is shrug it off and say "I did what I had to do to stop it, now its ur turn." Good luck. Its honestly the toughest thing. Find hiding placest for your stuff. If he's as bad as my bro, he'll take them and sell it

Old 05-15-2013, 04:48 PM

20,419 posts, read 37,372,254 times
The OP is long gone... no posts in almost two years.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,035 times
Me brother lives next door, he stole from my sister, my mother, and me many many times. From my last twenty , twice to two prize tomatos i was raising.... Look,... You wont stop him, he will do that like ; my brother.... 48 years.... He smokes pot, has had a crack problem,.. but drugs, is not why he steals, he wants to hurt ya ,.... Money aint important, but those two tomatoes??? He has 8 plants,.... None were red . Mine were red by the 7/1/ 13

He will never own nothing, .....he will most likley die soon,.... I love him, hes. My brother, but he has deep ****ing emotional issues, to be stealing from his younger brother...for almost 48 years.....

Son??? Dont trust a ****ing soul..., dont let your girlfriend balance your books, do not loan money, do not let noone loan you money....... My girlfriend?? After my mom died took over my bills......

She stole $16,000 dollars bounceing 3 bank accounts and ruining my credit, and almost had my house up for sherriffs sale,......she still thinks she loves me and has a chance...... I do not after two years of psying back all creditors to a tune of just under $20,000 dollars..... Im very independant...and understand people do these things....and youd think you could stop them, or not let them.... Look.... Please please.... Show this to your mom and dad.....tell them stealing is a sickness....like drugs...or other addictions.... Get your brother help.... Because the drugs, are only a symptom....

Stealing, is a crime...from a soda, or a dollar, or possesions, .
To anything.... Do not take anything for free, nothing is free,.....

If what happened to me?? Happened to someone else? They my commit sucide , or something....
It hurts when someone steal from you....but your family??? Hurts the most and can have lasting effects long after your mom and dad or dead....... Have him checked out... Its not ****ing normal......

You cant lock up all your **** and hid your money your whole life....
When you grow up and get your own house??? Your brother will come by, .....he will steal again...
..... There is no answer for you,..... But sending you brother to a shrink??? Could save years of hard feelings....you will never forget......

Old 07-05-2013, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,035 times
I only registerd and posted that... Let you know...
48 years of petty thieving..... Is not a relationship with you brother...
When you trust complete strangers over your family..... Is really bad...but mostly sad...
You dont need cops involved..... You need your parents to send him to a rehab or shrink...

Dont allow it to go on..... Or 40 years gonna go by.... And hes still gonna be dishonest...
But guess what??? You dont have to be... You dont have to steal, or take anything....for free...

I see many many people have this problem in there family....

Old 07-05-2013, 08:27 PM

16,227 posts, read 22,503,760 times
The next time he steals anything from you, or a family member, stand up and knock his ass to the ground! Tell him to get a freakin` job, and stop mooching, and thieving!
Tell him right up front. Apparently your parents don`t have it in them to do it.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,785,186 times
I can't believe people are actually advising a minor to inflict bodily injury on someone - not ethical or smart.

OP: Either go away to school or see if you can live with a friend.

I don't think calling the police on a family member is going to make for a harmonious family environment, even if it is "deserved."

You can advise your parents that if they don't back you up and protect you that you will ask the advise of a school counselor, a church person, a neighbor or a random person walking down the street . . . that you are not going to keep your mouth shut, if they refuse to parent and protect you.

I would also ask them to go to family counseling with you.

Please do not resort to any kind of violence.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:38 PM

7,148 posts, read 12,521,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I can't believe people are actually advising a minor to inflict bodily injury on someone - not ethical or smart.
You mean post #58? That poster was I think replying to posts #56 and #57 (new poster fryingpan2005, who seems to be in his 40s). The OP is I think long gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships