U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,769 posts, read 16,850,253 times
Reputation: 26311

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Maybe his rotor is stiff or he needs new breaks and that JUST happened because that is how it is when those things go. Or maybe with the weather change his joints were stiff and he didn't have the power to pump down on the break like he thought he did. Or maybe he just pulled a 14 hour shift at work and his judgement was off. Or maybe he is too broke to afford glasses and his depth perception is off.

You brought it on yourself by assuming he was doing it to slight you and made a judgmental comment. You were not looking at it from the other person's perspective at all. His car got bumped too. Did you even bother to ask if he was ok or see if his transmission got messed up from the bump? No...you just called him rude. And if there was no damage why couldn't you just laugh about it? What is the point of being dramatic? And even though there was no visual damage his transmission could be thrown off.
Oh please spare me the blame the victim mentality.

The point IS, that you are MISSING, the guy hit the OPs car and did NOTHING about it.

It doesn't matter if his judgement was off because he was tired or his brakes failed or whatever other ridiculous excuse you want to give him, the POINT is, he did NOTHING about it.

THAT is inexcusable.

Please dear GOD can we stop blaming the victims for everything! ENOUGH, enablers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 PM
 
146 posts, read 264,223 times
Reputation: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Remember, what you put out into the world is generally what you will get back from it.


I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
 
4,800 posts, read 10,586,180 times
Reputation: 8290
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
then starts getting all belligerent when i say that was kind of a rude move.
I have noticed the most obnoxious people I deal with in traffic situations are the ones who violate rules and traffic laws and then act like YOU are the one who is the jerk in these encounters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 04:22 AM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,766 posts, read 2,303,256 times
Reputation: 2343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Rudeness and impoliteness seem to be the order of the day these days.And its not just peoples horrendous driving habits.
Just got back from filling my car with gas, as i was filling up this rather large dude drives into the pump in front of me bumps my car then starts getting all belligerent when i say that was kind of a rude move.
All 3 of my cars are covered in fender dings door dings strange scrape marks along the sides,probably have $1000 damage on each car due to other peoples carelessness, does nobody care anymore?

Seems to me you missed an opportunity to douse the dude's car with gasoline and set it on fire. I mean, the pumps were right there.


No, just kidding. Don't anyone try this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 08:47 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,913,770 times
Reputation: 17987
lol....yeah...I've met a few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,742,630 times
Reputation: 26119
Move to Miami for a few months...you will hate people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 02:45 PM
 
Location: NC
645 posts, read 863,432 times
Reputation: 1539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh please spare me the blame the victim mentality.

The point IS, that you are MISSING, the guy hit the OPs car and did NOTHING about it.

It doesn't matter if his judgement was off because he was tired or his brakes failed or whatever other ridiculous excuse you want to give him, the POINT is, he did NOTHING about it.

THAT is inexcusable.

Please dear GOD can we stop blaming the victims for everything! ENOUGH, enablers!
Three Wolves - You are 100% dead on right here. Slam dunk. Game, Set, Match. End of Story!

Jambo - Bottom line - This moron who hit your car was an utter and total waste of good oxygen and an egregious usurper of usable space. Treat yourself to a nice cocktail and a fine cigar and wipe this pile of donkey excrement from your mind and memory.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 02:48 PM
 
7,901 posts, read 8,902,502 times
Reputation: 3192
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Move to Miami for a few months...you will hate people.

Lordy, don't remind me. I still have flashbacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 79,101,379 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Move to Miami for a few months...you will hate people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Lordy, don't remind me. I still have flashbacks.
What is it about Miami...? A lot of people seem to hate it. I've always wanted to visit, even though because of the Nazi anti-smoking bans here, I'd rather get out of the country for a beach vacation. Thatís the only reason I havenít made it there yet. Otherwise, it seems to be fun...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2011, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Way up high
14,127 posts, read 20,903,828 times
Reputation: 14474
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What is it about Miami...? A lot of people seem to hate it. I've always wanted to visit, even though because of the Nazi anti-smoking bans here, I'd rather get out of the country for a beach vacation. Thatís the only reason I havenít made it there yet. Otherwise, it seems to be fun...

Sierra-It's nice to visit but not to live. If you don't have a ton of money, it isn't all that great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top