U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 12:43 PM

5,144 posts, read 10,815,850 times

Advertisements

Just want to say to those who fight fire with fire: being caustic and aggressive makes you the person that you hate. Maybe even worse because you know you are doing it and don't care to control it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 02:08 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,867,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sierra-It's nice to visit but not to live. If you don't have a ton of money, it isn't all that great.
Eh, that goes for many places...

Old 11-05-2011, 02:57 PM

3,798 posts, read 6,142,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Rudeness and impoliteness seem to be the order of the day these days.And its not just peoples horrendous driving habits.
Just got back from filling my car with gas, as i was filling up this rather large dude drives into the pump in front of me bumps my car then starts getting all belligerent when i say that was kind of a rude move.
All 3 of my cars are covered in fender dings door dings strange scrape marks along the sides,probably have $1000 damage on each car due to other peoples carelessness, does nobody care anymore?
If you hate people, you attract people to hate.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:59 PM

5,421 posts, read 7,867,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
If you hate people, you attract people to hate.
I disagree with that. You can go through life being a good person and still find that people are spiteful and hateful towards you for no reason.

In other news, OP has still has a long way to go before he is a true misanthropist. "Hate leads to suffering." -Yoda

Hate can also lead to hilarity if you do it right.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:20 AM

146 posts, read 263,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I disagree with that. You can go through life being a good person and still find that people are spiteful and hateful towards you for no reason.

So true!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 AM

8,018 posts, read 6,567,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post

In other news, OP has still has a long way to go before he is a true misanthropist. "Hate leads to suffering." -Yoda

Hate can also lead to hilarity if you do it right.
Unfortunately many people on these forums refuse to accept the fact that there are some real a-holes in the world.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:29 AM

7,496 posts, read 9,719,084 times
I feel the same way about most people and I got rear-ended by a butthead that didn't care one bit last year, he was talking on his cell phone. The kicker to the story? It was my first accident ever and I had no idea what to do or how to go about getting his information, otherwise my car would probably still look new. So it was his lucky day I guess... (My brother fixed my car quite a bit so the outside looks almost normal at least but my trunk is still noticeably smashed in if you open it and look).

That would tick me off though if my whole car was covered in dents from other people. Yeah some people just don't care, or else they feel bad but probably hope they can get away with it. I think people are too wrapped up in their lives and sometimes just don't always have time to think about other people. People who are driving are often too tired, too distracted or both to pay attention and it's a shame.

I can't deal with deliberate rudeness though, that makes me mad big-time. In a way though, I always thank people for showing me who they are up front. It's just too bad that so many people out there truly suck.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,092,280 times
Jerks and morons is what you have to deal with before you get to wherever you're going these days. Pretty standard.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:17 PM

4,532 posts, read 5,092,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Jerks and morons is what you have to deal with before you get to wherever you're going these days. Pretty standard.
so true and i am feeling that i have moved to the a-whole capital of the u.s.a.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:17 AM

5,703 posts, read 16,132,579 times
I am getting like that as I get older. Sometimes I wonder if that is why you see elderly people just pissed off all the time. They have finally had it. I find it goes in spurts. I will have pleasant encounters with people for weeks and then one day I meet a jerk. Then a couple hours later I meet another. Kind of like it starts raining jerks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships