U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,527 posts, read 5,722,069 times
Reputation: 3459

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I'm sure they do, but that doesn't mean they're going to try to rape me. They can look all they want, I don't care. But just because a gay man is attracted to men doesn't mean he's attracted to every man.
Most men wouldn't rape anyone. Personally, I wouldn't be comofortable sharing a room with guy who could be attracted to me. It's sort of like how women aren't comfortable sharing a room with a guy. How many women do you think would be comfortable sharing a dressing room, or public restrooms with men? Same rule applies.

 
Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
 
15,723 posts, read 9,652,096 times
Reputation: 6988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If the gay guy is in theatre - chances are he has lots of cute women friends!
Lol, I'm in theatre but don't have a lot of cute women friends (yet). There are a couple. Maybe that's because I'm not acting yet. Must be the actors who get all the cute women friends! Theatre girls definitely do seem to love gay guys though.
 
Old 12-05-2011, 06:03 PM
 
2,253 posts, read 2,877,419 times
Reputation: 2497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you have gay friends - then why are you asking what you would talk about with a gay person?
There is a huge difference in a friend I meet now and then and someone I live with and sleep a couple of meters away from.

While my previous post seems like I'd take any straight or lesbian person that's not the case either.

Of all my friends, regardless of orientation or gender, I could think of 3 I could be roommate with. One of them happen to be a lesbian girl. Out of the gay guys I know and have known in the past I don't see myself not going crazy over time with any of them except one. And that one is not one I'd pick for other reasons...
 
Old 12-05-2011, 06:04 PM
 
15,723 posts, read 9,652,096 times
Reputation: 6988
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
What are you sure?
I thought every lesbian came with a 100 straight virgin super-models entourage. Bummer if they don't
FYI I do have gay friends, of both genders.
Nah, hot gay guys have the super model girl friends.
 
Old 12-05-2011, 06:05 PM
 
15,723 posts, read 9,652,096 times
Reputation: 6988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Oh stop talking nonsense with confidence. Jeez
Was that English?
 
Old 12-05-2011, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,188 posts, read 21,022,519 times
Reputation: 22134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Lol, I'm in theatre but don't have a lot of cute women friends (yet). There are a couple. Maybe that's because I'm not acting yet. Must be the actors who get all the cute women friends! Theatre girls definitely do seem to love gay guys though.
I'm in theatre and have lots of gay friends! Probably partly because I keep doing CATS!
 
Old 12-05-2011, 06:16 PM
 
15,723 posts, read 9,652,096 times
Reputation: 6988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm in theatre and have lots of gay friends! Probably partly because I keep doing CATS!
One of the girls I work with was in the National Tour of Cats I believe. I didn't quite realize the gays and musicals stereotype was quite so true until I started working in it. In the show we just closed last month, 9 of the 11 male cast members were gay Lol.

But yeah, I do notice that the cute girls in the shows love the gay guys.
 
Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Bellingham, WA
9,745 posts, read 14,195,862 times
Reputation: 14796
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Most men wouldn't rape anyone. Personally, I wouldn't be comofortable sharing a room with guy who could be attracted to me. It's sort of like how women aren't comfortable sharing a room with a guy. How many women do you think would be comfortable sharing a dressing room, or public restrooms with men? Same rule applies.
Why not, are you afraid you might accidentally date him? Of course not. It would be the same as being roommates with a girl you weren't attracted to at all. I don't know about you, but when a girl's attracted to me but I don't find her attractive, I'm flattered, and then I just move on. To me this would be no different.

Also, not concerning your post, but there have been a couple of others mentioning that you couldn't talk to a gay guy about women. This has not been my experience at all. In fact, in my limited experience I've decided that gay men can be excellent people to talk to about women. Though not always of course, a gay man often seems to have a certain insight in the way women think. And I've never met a gay man who was uncomfortable talking about hetero relationships with friends.
 
Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,527 posts, read 5,722,069 times
Reputation: 3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Why not, are you afraid you might accidentally date him? Of course not. It would be the same as being roommates with a girl you weren't attracted to at all. I don't know about you, but when a girl's attracted to me but I don't find her attractive, I'm flattered, and then I just move on. To me this would be no different.

Also, not concerning your post, but there have been a couple of others mentioning that you couldn't talk to a gay guy about women. This has not been my experience at all. In fact, in my limited experience I've decided that gay men can be excellent people to talk to about women. Though not always of course, a gay man often seems to have a certain insight in the way women think. And I've never met a gay man who was uncomfortable talking about hetero relationships with friends.
No, I'm "afraid" that he would have hidden feelings where he could eventually conjure up enough courage to make a move (just as any straight guy would). Nor am I comfortable with the possibility of him building up any type of attraction over time. Again, we're dealing with men here--not women. Their approach to getting with women is just the same as any heterosexual males is with a woman, only they are thinking about men. I personally do not like the idea of possibly being apart of the equation under any circumstance.

And my point was in reference to women not being comofortable with sharing space with "strange men" for obvious reasons. They would not just be "flattered" at the idea, most women would still be uncomfortable with the idea of sharing personal space with a guy regardless. I would feel the same about sharing space with a gay guy.

No offense, but I think it's a little strange that you put a woman who you are not attracted to on the same tandem as you not being attracted to a male. I personally don't find it to be two sides of the same coin. It's sort of like saying that you would be comfortable with getting a drink at a gay bar, even though you aren't gay. And that if you just want a drink, then there's really no difference. lol

As for simple communication with gay males, which is what you are refering to in your second paragraph--I have no problem with it. In fact, in NYC is almost near impossible not to come across a variety of personalities of people both gay and straight that you'll get along with. I've had bosses and supervisros who were gay and we got along just fine. But sharing personal space with them is something altogether different.

Last edited by itshim; 12-05-2011 at 07:40 PM..
 
Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 PM
 
4,891 posts, read 9,309,746 times
Reputation: 8393
Entirely too much gay talk going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top