U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 PM

884 posts, read 1,523,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesouthernman View Post
A gay roomate? Probably not. Would the apartment be painted pink? Would I have to listen to Barry Manilow, The Village People and Celine Dion records all day? And I just dont think I'd want to hear those IMO disgusting sounds coming from his room when he is banging his boytoy. Ugh! No thanks! Now I could have me some lesbian roomies! Hell yea!
Typical southern man*

MY favorite color is black, not pink. Who is Barry Manilow? I prefer to listen to Sum 41, The Offspring, and Blink-182. Oh, and when I'm in my bedroom, chances are I'm doing homework or chilling out like I am now, not banging somebody because I'm not promiscuous.

Sorry to shatter all of your ideas of what a gay dude is like, I know it's nice to live in fairy-tale-land.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 PM

25,976 posts, read 32,984,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
That's not it. It's fine if you don't find it appealing, that's why you're straight, but to open your mouth and say so is rude and yes, makes you come off as a homophobe. Keep the rude comments in your head.

I haven't been rude at all..and the term homophobe is just hilarious.

However YOUR comments make YOU appear to be someone with a very large and very disturbing chip on your shoulder. Good luck with that.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 PM

7,378 posts, read 11,548,888 times
I have had a gay roommate. For a whole year. He never disclosed to me the day I met him. I think he pretty much took me because he had no physical attraction to me. Ooooh well.

One day, he brought home another guy and they spent the night. I kind of suspected it then. Much later, we were sitting around talking about BS, and he just kind of let it out. I was like ... Oh, OK.

Gay men are not attracted to every man or even gay man that they see. In fact, he was a good looking guy, and in retrospect I probably would have been flattered if he had come on to me.

Yes. I am secure in my sexuality and a very open minded individual...

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Depends on what you mean by "not appealing". If you, being a straight person don't find the idea of being with someone of the same sex appealing, then no. I wouldn't expect a straight person to find it appealing, since they aren't attracted to the same sex, just like a gay person doesn't find heterosexual sexuality appealing.

If you, however, are going to judge people purely based on their sexuality and not want to live with them because they are attracted to the same sex, I'd say that's homophobia.
And you would be wrong. I am not "judging" - I haven't judged ANYONE here. This thread is about one's comfort level having a gay roommate, which you have obviously forgotten.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 PM

884 posts, read 1,523,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I haven't been rude at all..and the term homophobe is just hilarious.

However YOUR comments make YOU appear to be someone with a very large and very disturbing chip on your shoulder. Good luck with that.
When you or anybody else says that gay people are gross for sleeping with who they do, that's being rude. I don't go around saying that I think hetero sex is gross, because I'm open minded and it just simply doesn't appeal to me.

Even if I did think it was gross, I would keep it to myself, because that is the polite way to be.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mintjulep View Post
Aren't you the same woman who said you wouldn't allow any gay men around your children and started a thread right here on City Data accusing your brother's partner of wanting to molest your kid because he offered to babysit?

But do go on and keep telling us how you're not a homophobe.
Who the hell do you have ME confused with? LOL!!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
When you or anybody else says that gay people are gross for sleeping with who they do, that's being rude. I don't go around saying that I think hetero sex is gross, because I'm open minded and it just simply doesn't appeal to me.

Even if I did think it was gross, I would keep it to myself, because that is the polite way to be.
DUDE. Did you READ the OP???? It's a question...on a forum. Oy.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mintjulep View Post
I'm trying to come up with a response to this that won't be deleted by a moderator and it's just not working. Maybe somebody who's a bit more patient with stupidity can help me out.
I think you've pretty much settled any questions about that already. Apparently you can't keep posters straight.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I guess it's confusing how sexual preference would have anything to do with a roommate situation, assuming boundaries are set for what happens in the house.

If the person is paying their bills, doing their chores, friendly and respectful in the home environment, why would their sexuality come into play?
Honey, have you ever actually had a roommate? Boundaries can be set, but they are never maintained.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Um....and...exactly where did I say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships