U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 AM

28,905 posts, read 46,757,067 times

Advertisements

I had one in college for one very, very long semester, the only semester I lived on campus. I mean take all the cheesy, lazy stereotypes you can name, and he fit them. I would be working my ass off with a heavy course load and he would put on music videos and dance around the room in his boxers. No, I'm not making this up. He even had a tarantula he named Vanessa (Pronounced Vanetha). After a few weeks of this guy, I was sorely tempted to spray that spider with Nair and have all its hair fall out, leaving this pink, bald arachnid in the fish tank.

So, by association, all the other guys on my floor thought I naturally was gay, too. It wasn't until some guys saw me smuggling a girl into my room a couple of weeks into the term that they figured it out. "Dude, I drew pot luck for roomies," was all I'd need to say after that.

Then, six weeks into the semester the guy went into the hospital, having contracted Hepatitis B. So I had to go to the doctor for a shot, who then proceeds to give me a frank discussion about unique health risks posed by gay sex. And so I say, "But I'm not gay." And the doctor says, "Well, maybe not, but just in case..." Ewwww.

I know this sounds weird, but this guy getting sick was a freaking relief. The guy stopped attending classes after his stint in the hospital and, after I caught on, I threw him out. There was no way I was going to deal with this guy just hanging out in the dorm room while I dealt with a Queen Freaking Mother of class loads. The final six weeks of the semester were just heaven. A room to myself. Ahhhh.

Now, mind you, I just happened to get the gayest gay guy on the planet. Guys who I went to class with who were gay would talk about how over-the-top my roomie was. 'How can you stand him?' was what they'd ask me.

Last edited by cpg35223; 12-05-2011 at 08:51 AM..

Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,891,605 times
I found out my roomate was gay when i found "hugest Penis in the world" website on his computer and several male sex toys in his closet when i was looking for his pot stash. It didnt bother me at all. He had never tried to bang me or anything

Old 12-05-2011, 10:06 AM

1,545 posts, read 2,288,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I found out my roomate was gay when i found "hugest Penis in the world" website on his computer and several male sex toys in his closet when i was looking for his pot stash. It didnt bother me at all. He had never tried to bang me or anything
Are you sure it's not because he has the "hugest Penis in the world?" Also just because a guy enjoys some prostate stimulation once in awhile doesn't mean he's gay.

As for me, it wouldn't bother me at all. Maybe once upon a time. As a matter of fact sometimes I suspect my roommate is gay - never seen him with a woman, he has 2 cats and he talks on the phone a lot.

Then I figured out that most women don't want anything to do with a marginally employed 40-something without a vehicle and those cats are the only real companionship he gets. Even if one of the cats likes me more.

I might have to start looking for another roommate too and out of all the criteria (including no drugs - even weed and passing a criminal background check), I probably can't afford something as minor as sexual orientation. As long as we can come to an agreement on how we deal with visitors. I can't spring for motel rooms too often so I am willing to go to the movies or something every once in awhile as long he affords me the same courtesy.

I have a hard time scheduling around my current roommate, who only rarely works, just sits in his room all day ("but I have nowhere to go"). That guy doesn't realize if he ever actually costs me any action, I am gone if I don't decide to just run him out. Might as well just live with my mother if that's how it's going to be.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:08 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,876,819 times
No...but if it was a female gay girl I'd be totally fine with it.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:38 PM

15,723 posts, read 9,650,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Classic double standard.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:40 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,161,281 times
No problem. He's no threat to me.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,161,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post

So it's okay for a woman to be gay, but not a guy?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:00 PM

5,526 posts, read 5,720,791 times
Nope!

I remember a friend of mine got stuck with a gay roomate in college and he was NOT thrilled about the guy bringing over "friends" to be intimate with.

Needless to say he moved out ASAP. Nothing was more disturbing to him than to walk in his room and witnessing two guys rolling around in the sack together.

No thanks.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:08 PM

5,526 posts, read 5,720,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I'm amazed how many people seem to think that all gay men are just waiting for the perfect moment when they can rape poor, unsuspecting straight men. Have any of you ever actually known a gay man in real life? Because it doesn't sound like you have.

Well, believe it or not, but gay men are still men in the same respect that other men are. If you don't think they aren't thinking about sex multiple times a day and checking out the merchandise just as any straight man does, then they really have you fooled. They still have the same hormones and the same triggers that attract them instantaneiously as a hetereosexual would.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:52 PM

9,745 posts, read 14,193,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Well, believe it or not, but gay men are still men in the same respect that other men are. If you don't think they aren't thinking about sex multiple times a day and checking out the merchandise just as any straight man does, then they really have you fooled. They still have the same hormones and the same triggers that attract them instantaneiously as a hetereosexual would.
I'm sure they do, but that doesn't mean they're going to try to rape me. They can look all they want, I don't care. But just because a gay man is attracted to men doesn't mean he's attracted to every man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships