U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 AM

220 posts, read 272,701 times
Default People who don't introduce you to their s/o?

Has anyone experienced a person mentioning his/her s/o in conversations with you, but when you run into them at functions, they don't introduce you to them? Or has anyone ever done this?

What's that all about?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 08:28 AM

33,948 posts, read 6,497,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post
Has anyone experienced a person mentioning his/her s/o in conversations with you, but when you run into them at functions, they don't introduce you to them? Or has anyone ever done this?

What's that all about?
Some people are socially inept and don't even think to introduce their SO.

Some people are downright rude and intentionally don't introduce their SO.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:28 AM

9,717 posts, read 6,537,967 times
Lack of manners and no class.....that's all.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 AM

8,395 posts, read 5,627,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Lack of manners and no class.....that's all.
I completely agree. There is no excuse for poor manners.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM

220 posts, read 272,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Some people are socially inept and don't even think to introduce their SO.

Some people are downright rude and intentionally don't introduce their SO.
Yeah, I'm thinking it's the latter. I know someone who is not the least bit socially inept...said person is very sociable. I watched this person introduce their s/o to others in this crowd that we were in; and they just kind of glided right by me. Didn't even stop to say, "oh, this is so and so", but this person speaks to me about this s/o frequently. Very awkward...and it has happened on two different occasions.

I don't even care enough to address it with her and I'm not taking it personally (or maybe I should ). It's just very weird to me...

Old 12-07-2011, 01:14 PM

143 posts, read 50,722 times
I do this all the time. I just never presume that people I know are interested in meeting my husband and vice versa. I personally hate being introduced to people my husband knows. It is awkward. Because usually they start talking to me and asking me questions, and I usually have zero interest in talking to them. I hate banal chit-chat.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 PM

8,012 posts, read 3,776,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post

What's that all about?
They don't remember your name.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:23 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 11,674,205 times
It's either a lack of culture, inconsiderate or, less often I think, rudeness.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 PM

4,892 posts, read 11,820,656 times
if you dont introduce your SO it's a sign that you are leaving them out. to me it's awkward to pretend they are not right there.
i honestly think though that people refrain from doing it because they have forgotten the other person's name and dont want to feel embarrassed. in this case, I would just say, hi this is my husband (name) and let the other person introduce themselves to him that way.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:33 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 11,674,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
if you dont introduce your SO it's a sign that you are leaving them out. to me it's awkward to pretend they are not right there.
i honestly think though that people refrain from doing it because they have forgotten the other person's name and dont want to feel embarrassed. in this case, I would just say, hi this is my husband (name) and let the other person introduce themselves to him that way.
A good point and solution, both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships