U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,610,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yet somehow I don't think so...!
Amanda, is that you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 07:18 PM

42,837 posts, read 78,860,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Amanda, is that you?
Ha-ha!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 PM

8,680 posts, read 13,257,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Do unto others how you want done unto you.

God Bless!

You came here asking for input. You received it. If I asked for input, I would want people to be honest with me when they provided it, and that is what I have done with you.

You're welcome.

And the truth shall set you free.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:54 PM

12,578 posts, read 13,256,462 times
Quote:
And who knows maybe 10 years from now she'll have time to meet in person.
No, no, you're still doing it.
You haven't been in touch with each other for I'm guessing about 6 years. She let messages you had been sending to her since her birthday pile up before finally responding. In 10 years she'll never know you existed.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 PM

202 posts, read 324,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
No, no, you're still doing it.
You haven't been in touch with each other for I'm guessing about 6 years. She let messages you had been sending to her since her birthday pile up before finally responding. In 10 years she'll never know you existed.
She'll know I exsisted, but it can go either way in 10 years. We may still not meet up in person or we may finaly end up meeting in person. Anyways for the mean time, I'm laying low in regards to asking her to meet up. Yes, she didn't notice the messages from me( which is possible) until recently.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
You came here asking for input. You received it. If I asked for input, I would want people to be honest with me when they provided it, and that is what I have done with you.

You're welcome.

And the truth shall set you free.
I didn't come here asking for anyone to be rude and berate me. If you can't give your input in a constructive manner than don't do so at all.

I'm asking God to forgive you as you know not what you do.

God Bless!

Old 12-14-2011, 08:21 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,610,420 times
Quote:
She'll know I exsisted, but it can go either way in 10 years. We may still not meet up in person or we may finaly end up meeting in person. Anyways for the mean time, I'm laying low in regards to asking her to meet up. Yes, she didn't notice the messages from me( which is possible) until recently.
You sound like a good guy so i am going to give this another shot. Stop running after this chick that has made it clear that she has no room in her life for you at the moment. As i (and the others) have already indicated...she could turn up later in life and if you have nothing interesting going...fine. But as of this moment, i'd suggest you focus your energy on the cute choir girls in church. The Lord does work in mysterious ways...so you better keep an eye out for a sign

Old 12-14-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
You sound like a good guy so i am going to give this another shot. Stop running after this chick that has made it clear that she has no room in her life for you at the moment. As i (and the others) have already indicated...she could turn up later in life and if you have nothing interesting going...fine. But as of this moment, i'd suggest you focus your energy on the cute choir girls in church. The Lord does work in mysterious ways...so you better keep an eye out for a sign

I'm going to lay low, meaning I'm not going to bother her anymore about it for quite awhile. Thanks for your kind words.

God Bless!

Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 PM

193 posts, read 384,457 times
Hey Kittycat,

I feel for you. I went through the same thing not too long ago. Thanks to advice from people on this forum, I realized that actions do mean more than words. Some of the advice seemed harsh but it really helped me to learn this very important lesson to pay more attention to what people do, not what they say.

You know, you didn't do anything wrong. You tried to reconnect with an old friend, a person that you feel a connection to. It is unfortunate that she does not feel the same way. She is not in the space to reach out to your offer of friendship. You have to accept that she may never be. There is nothing you can do to change her mind.

Also, she may be backing off because she senses that your interest in her goes beyond mere friendship. In any case, she is not interested. If she was, she would make an effort and would meet you part of the way.

Again, you did nothing wrong. You like her and feel a connection to her so it was good that you tried to befriend her. It is sad to look back on your life with regrets about not trying to connect with people who seemed like decent good people who you got along well with.

If I were you, I would not contact her again. Save your energy and your attention for people who will want to be friends with you.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoTheNut View Post
Hey Kittycat,

I feel for you. I went through the same thing not too long ago. Thanks to advice from people on this forum, I realized that actions do mean more than words. Some of the advice seemed harsh but it really helped me to learn this very important lesson to pay more attention to what people do, not what they say.

You know, you didn't do anything wrong. You tried to reconnect with an old friend, a person that you feel a connection to. It is unfortunate that she does not feel the same way. She is not in the space to reach out to your offer of friendship. You have to accept that she may never be. There is nothing you can do to change her mind.

Also, she may be backing off because she senses that your interest in her goes beyond mere friendship. In any case, she is not interested. If she was, she would make an effort and would meet you part of the way.

Again, you did nothing wrong. You like her and feel a connection to her so it was good that you tried to befriend her. It is sad to look back on your life with regrets about not trying to connect with people who seemed like decent good people who you got along well with.

If I were you, I would not contact her again. Save your energy and your attention for people who will want to be friends with you.
She has a boyfriend. I never want to insinuate that I wanted to replace the boyfriend because I don't. I just wanted to rekindle a purely PLANTONIC friendship. Do you think she thinks that I want to meet up because of romantic reasons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or