Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 05:15 AM

16,401 posts, read 30,809,250 times

Advertisements

My ex girlfriend :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 06:26 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,490,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
I'm not interested in revenge, not interested in escalating the conflict.
Just want to be left the hell alone to enjoy my own home.
Not going to happen because my neighbor is a spoiled entitled *****.
Yes, I've known people like this. I tend to steer clear of them.

I know you're not looking for advice but here's a suggestion. Call the local media.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:36 AM

11,364 posts, read 24,319,862 times
My neighbor and his barking, trespassing dog. He went nuts when I complained. I moved (for happier reasons) and rented the house to a military guy who is bigger and badder than he is. From what I hear, the problem was soon solved.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,873,238 times
Quote:
I'm not interested in revenge, not interested in escalating the conflict.
Just want to be left the hell alone to enjoy my own home.
Not going to happen because my neighbor is a spoiled entitled *****.
I'm sorry to hear that TumbleBug.

There are drama people in the world that thrive on this sort of thing.

In my personal experience I have raised the problem up to the person in a calm way face to face. Then I leave it alone. They are aware of what I am upset about and have the power to fix it.

People like what you put in your example love drama. If you wait long enough someone else will hit the cover of the magazine and you will be put on the back burner so to speak. Just let time pass they will forget you and move on to another challenging victim.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:46 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,873,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Yes, I've known people like this. I tend to steer clear of them.

I know you're not looking for advice but here's a suggestion. Call the local media.

Hey there you go!!

Since she is a public person this could be something to shape her up a bit.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:15 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,947,163 times
I see someone posted (in a quote) what you deleted anyway. You can request a mod remove it you know.

Yes, I have had people like that in my life or pass through. When you can't flush them, the best you can do is not give them a reaction because what keeps them going is just that, your reaction--any sign you give a flying [fill in the blank]. Just smile and wave. The power is all yours.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:53 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,189,869 times
Quote:
sign is on public property. xmas lights are in her backyard. might call the cops at 10pm tonight.
I texted her politely to please turn the lights off as our daughter is having trouble sleeping with them on all night.
Not sure if there's a law against it.
I know you weren't asking for advice...but for your daughters sake and sleep.....a good heavy curtain would do the trick.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM

16,890 posts, read 16,154,381 times
I've never had to deal with anyone quite like this, but I've read and heard stories about this sort of thing. In general..

You are wasting valuable energy head butting a person like this. In fact, the more you rail against this neighbor, the more of a petty nuisance she will become in your life. She knows there isn't anything you can do about it, either. After all, she's the one with all of the power and connections - right?

Sometimes it's best just to Not React at all. If she shines her Christmas lights directly into your house, so what? Give her a casual smile and a friendly wave in the morning. If she builds a small memorial in front of your picture window, pretend not to notice it. If it's no big deal to you, it'll take away all of her fun. She'll move on and find herself another target..

Old 12-23-2011, 03:12 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,606,071 times
Quote:
Have you ever had a dispute with someone who was infringing on your rights and they got so angry that you dared to stand up for yourself that they started doing things to punish you?

I have.

I'll remove my example because I'm not interested in 'advice'
You're the grinch who's trying to steal her Christmas.

If you don't like neighbours and everything that comes with it, you can bloody well invest a fortune and buy up an estate with a forest around it

Old 12-23-2011, 03:23 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,695,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
If your daughter has trouble sleeping maybe playing a lullaby would help. Just turn it up and put the speakers close to the window. On her side. Did I mention turn it up? On iTunes you can get "Led Zeppelin for Babies". It's so soothing, she'll love it. Your daughter I mean.

I feel your pain. We have part-time neighbors next to our 90acre isolated block who think it's ok to come onto our land because they don't mind if we go onto theirs. Or, they didn't realize we were there at the time. What that has to do with us being entitled to our privacy on our land I don't know. I wish fences weren't so costly and time-consuming. I wish I had the courage to do a sky-clad pagan ritual when they ride their dirt-bikes near the boundary. Sigh.
Is this an actual thing or am I being gullible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships