U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 PM

10,464 posts, read 7,538,978 times

Advertisements

You should move before God tells him to do something else... eek.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 PM

309 posts, read 680,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Give him my address !!

Seriously - I would not take it, and I would think - God or not, he is a weirdo!
kinda got a creepy vibe, I mean if he wanted it to be anonymous he would've just put it in the door. And why all the secrecy with him telling me not to tell my boyfriend and not to tell his wife? He obviously wanted to get credit for giving it to me. I did try to give it back, I stood out there in the snow forever trying to give it back. He refused to take it back.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 PM

21,627 posts, read 23,807,651 times
Now I wonder what his next step will be....
When in doubt read: ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 PM

Hilarious posts, lol. I don't think he's dangerous, but I'm still keeping my distance, and we're moving out of state hopefully soon anyway. I was going to post this in the religion forum, but it's a relationship between neighbors so I thought I was okay posting here. Besides in the religious forum, I am afraid I'd get preached at for doubting God or something.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Now I wonder what his next step will be....
You know I've been paranoid when he drives by, like what next? I don't owe him anything! See, this is why I don't become friends with neighbors. Should've seen my last neighbor, she was worse, but that's another story. I think I'll write a post about her. Oh. My. Gosh. Most invasive neighbor I ever had. EVER. Period.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:22 PM

21,627 posts, read 23,807,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
You know I've been paranoid when he drives by, like what next? I don't owe him anything! See, this is why I don't become friends with neighbors. Should've seen my last neighbor, she was worse, but that's another story. I think I'll write a post about her. Oh. My. Gosh. Most invasive neighbor I ever had. EVER. Period.
Haha! Maybe he thinks, you took his money - you owe him "something"...
When in doubt read: ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-19-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I guess the question here would be:
a) If you don't show up for church will he throw that in your face?
b) If you don't show up for church will he give you another $500?
Either way he's black mailing you to going to his church. Why I don't practice organized religion.
It was just out of the ordinary, I mean who does that. My bf is still freaked out by it.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:27 PM

5,073 posts, read 2,781,770 times
Your neighbor seems like an odd character, from the way you describe him - that much is for sure. Seriously, you should put the money in the envelope and leave it at his door if he refuses take it back from you. I dont want to scare you, but this is a behavior of a sociopath, who is building raport with you, through holding sort of a "secret" that only two of you are a part of. Leaving your guy and his wie out of the equation is another bad part of the deal. Tell your guy and give the money back. Good Luck.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:33 PM

3,735 posts, read 2,355,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Could be a random act of kindness. Nothing to worry about.

However, he may be trying to sign you up for his church.
I'm with AC on this one. It sounds like he means well but is a bit heavy handed about it. Some Christians can come on pretty strong, but mean no harm.

If you decide to keep the money, you could send a thank you note and add that you attend your own church, and "thanks, but no thanks" to visiting his church. Just be polite and keep your distance until you feel more comfortable with him.

Tell your boyfriend about the money. I guess he doesn't want any problems from your boyfriend (or his wife) thinking that he's got the hots for you. However, I think it's best to let your boyfriend know.

Last edited by Pivot Point; 01-19-2012 at 11:43 PM..

Old 01-19-2012, 11:33 PM

101 posts, read 116,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
I'll be waiting here with popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships