U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:35 PM

16,487 posts, read 21,035,057 times

Advertisements

Some people struugle more than others with body odor. She may be someone that needs a couple of showers a day. There are prescription strength deodorants, which she should check out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 PM

5,702 posts, read 16,145,817 times
Diabetics can have a sweet smell to them that isn't pleasant. Could be a medical condition.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,997 posts, read 5,711,064 times
type her an anonymous note and slip it like in her mail box or somewhere

Old 08-16-2012, 05:27 PM

3,053 posts, read 3,587,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
BO like sweat? Or just a weird smell?
It's hard to describe. It doesn't smell like sweat, though the smell worsens when she does sweat. Just like musty or something. I don't know if she puts on deodorant after she uses the shower cause I'm not there with her lol but sometimes I let her borrow mine because I always carry 2 containers of deodorant (I'm paranoid about body odor). It doesn't smell like armpit funk it smells like it's coming from her pores.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 PM

4,248 posts, read 8,122,848 times
I had a friend in childhood who, while being very postcard-pretty, had an offending BO since we became friends at 6 years old! Her apartment smelled the same, so it was the whole family problem. I never had a heart to tell her. As young women, we visited someone in another city, and we had to sleep in the same bed one night. That was tough. We grew apart eventually, but I always wondered how her dating life was with such BO. It wasn't just sweat, it was - BO!! No health problems for as long as I knew her. I still don't know what and how I should have said. With social media I now know that her personal situation seems to be OK, married with 2 kids, but I don't really know how she or her close ones manage this smell.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:22 AM

8,821 posts, read 6,351,863 times
could be hormonal too, a chemical malfuntion for which there can be meds...you, as her friend should tell her, she'll respect you for it!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 AM

12,890 posts, read 15,380,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
It's hard to describe. It doesn't smell like sweat, though the smell worsens when she does sweat. Just like musty or something. I don't know if she puts on deodorant after she uses the shower cause I'm not there with her lol but sometimes I let her borrow mine because I always carry 2 containers of deodorant (I'm paranoid about body odor). It doesn't smell like armpit funk it smells like it's coming from her pores.
Have you known this friend for long, and if so has she always smelled this way?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:00 AM

11,022 posts, read 17,507,849 times
I had a friend who didn't smell good to me. I wouldn't call it BO exactly.. it was just her particular scent. I guess our pheromones weren't compatible?!?

Old 08-18-2012, 12:15 PM

7,288 posts, read 13,459,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
She probably lets her towels or clothes sit in the washing machine after the wash cycle is done, then remembers two days later, tosses them in the dryer, and doesn't notice that everything smells like crap. Just wiping off with a musty towel will make a person smell like that, and when they sweat... look out.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:10 PM

22,491 posts, read 24,050,026 times
It could be dozens of things. It could be medication, or she's drinking too much coffee or alcohol and not enough water. It could be her laundry; as the person above said, her clothes might be mildewed, or maybe she doesn't wash them enough. There's no way it's not going to be an awkward conversation, but didn't there used to be a website that would send an anonymous email to people for stuff like bad breath or BO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or