Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 10:12 PM

4 posts, read 5,893 times

Advertisements

HELP THOSE OF YOUR FRIENDS WITH BODY ODOUR BY GIVING THEM HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS:

Let them try taking Apple Cider Vinegar say 2 or 3 table spoons with water, every morning in empty stomach. They will surely be helped to get rid of the body odour, if they continue this for 2 to 3 months.
Some may need to take this regularly as a routine based on their eating habits
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 10:17 PM

4 posts, read 5,893 times
Since he is your best friend:
Help him/her by suggesting him/her to take a table spoon or 2 of Spple Cider Vinegar mixed with water, everyday in the morning in empty stomach. The quantity of the ACV can be increased depending upon how stong the body odour is.

Ask your firnedt o try this surely you will get good results.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:29 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,769,036 times
I don't use deodorant and people (male and female) actually LIKE my smell as they often ask what I am wearing - it smells nice.
I think everyone smells differently and sometimes it is good and sometimes it is not.

Of course it could also be due to the many reasons posted, but darn, most people can smell themselves, right?

Old 06-28-2014, 01:34 AM

732 posts, read 968,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
It's hard to describe. It doesn't smell like sweat, though the smell worsens when she does sweat. Just like musty or something. I don't know if she puts on deodorant after she uses the shower cause I'm not there with her lol but sometimes I let her borrow mine because I always carry 2 containers of deodorant (I'm paranoid about body odor). It doesn't smell like armpit funk it smells like it's coming from her pores.
If it's a musty odor, maybe there's mold where she stores her clothes and/or her bath & hand towels get mold? Sweat & sebum could cause mold to multiply and thus increase the odor.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:32 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Tell her, but do it gently and explain that you are only telling her because you think that maybe she is unaware of the odor. Most people can't tell when they have a smell because they are used to it and don't smell it themselves. I have a very sensitive nose to smells OF OTHERS, but not necessarily my own.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:13 AM

29 posts, read 41,362 times
Is it always the same odor? All the time? Has this always been the case? Is she losing weight (losing fat where toxins are stored can make a person smell until they get rid of it)?

The Hubbs stinks after eating raw onions--it emanates from his pores the next day. No amount of deodorant can stop it. He just doesn't metabolize it well anymore, so he's forbidden to eat raw onion, radishes, and too much garlic (especially a lot of garlic powder that he used to load on his spaghetti).

And one other source of Hubbs odor: his CLEAN clothes. A few times in the summer when he sweats like a pig and soaks his tee-shirts and they don't make it directly into the laundry, the smell seems to get trapped. If I don't remember to do a vinegar soak in hot water before washing, I can't get the odor out. I'll put away the "clean" clothes (when I forget the vinegar) and not notice anything until he puts them on to wear them--just a few minutes out in the heat with just a tad of sweat beginning, those shirts will stink to high heaven.

He seems oblivious to all this!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:59 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,764,996 times
TELL HER as tactfully as possible. She needs someone that cares about her to let her know there is a problem. If everybody just ignores it in an effort to be "nice" she is going to suffer a lot of heartache in the long run. She will wonder why she can't get a date. She will wonder why she isn't promoted at work. Most people with body odor problems do not realize it until someone tells them.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:31 PM

96 posts, read 105,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
my internet is iffy so i apologize if i accidentally posted this twice.

hey folks, just wanted some outside input on this issue. i have a really good friend that i absolutely adore as a person. we connect on many levels, intellectual and emotional. it's platonic but it's about as close as it gets for being platonic.

i just have one issue and i need some advice on what to do. i know that i can't expect everyone to be perfect, and i do allow a lot of room for being human. the problem is this friend has massive body odor. not just a little bit, a lot. and on top of that, it's not just body odor to me. i have a very sensitive nose due to my blindness, and the smell of perspiration is a strong trigger for me and sends me into flashbacks of sexual and physical abuse. so i love this guy to death but i can't stop thinking about my abusers when i smell his b.o.

i know i need to deal with that issue and i am currently dealing with many issues regarding triggers to past traumas. but my point is that even with that aside, really bad b.o. is hard for anyone to deal with. and at first i gave him the benefit of the doubt, assuming he showers daily and uses deodorant, etc. but he's spent two nights at my house and hasn't showered or taken me up on my multiple offers to take a shower. so now i know it's clearly because he doesn't shower on a regular basis.

so the question is: do i bring it up to him or do i just bite the bullet in the name of good friendship? when he does shower he smells fine for a bit and i can touch him, but as soon as the smell becomes unbearable, i can't bear him touching me because my mind immediately jumps to abuse. he's the kind of guy that's really into hugs, so i know it hurts him that i can't bear being touched. it's also very awkward when we are in public situations and i need him to guide me. i get stuck between not wanting to be touched and having to make contact for sighted-guide, which sends me into a spiral of flashbacks.

any suggestions? thanks in advance.
Maybe he has a sick stomach?

Very stinks when there are parasites worms

Old 06-28-2014, 07:24 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,581,430 times
Nimchimpsky - you are worrying about your friend, meanwhile so many aspects of him are triggering the sexual abuse. I think you need to start thinking about yourself, its very important!

if he cares about your feelings, he will do what it takes to be clean. I dont know why he smells bad, could be food & spices odors are permeating thru his skin like garlic does. I dont know if men get infections but maybe he has some kind of infection and you smell it, or maybe he has been around smokers, it can get on your clothes, and does he have a pet? sometimes pet odors can linger on you and your clothes and they are not aware of it but YOU notice it. It may be a smell that he is so accustomed to that he doens't smell it.

But nevertheless it is VERY important that you look after your feelings, and care about your emotional safety. very important. Actually your reaction to his smell is a way you are protecting yourself. Your friend being a male is triggering those earlier traumas, and the smell is sort of your protection, because your body is saying that his smell is a repellant to danger (which is why some plants and insects have this amazing ability to deter enemies by powerful scent, like skunks do. Its totally normal and a good benefit actually.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:25 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,581,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarado View Post
I don't use deodorant and people (male and female) actually LIKE my smell as they often ask what I am wearing - it smells nice.
I think everyone smells differently and sometimes it is good and sometimes it is not.

Of course it could also be due to the many reasons posted, but darn, most people can smell themselves, right?
your pheremones are attracting people who find the way you smell attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships