U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 AM

4,645 posts, read 6,461,591 times

Advertisements

I've been reading some of these threads and it seems like some of the young men/women have no clue about men/women or relationships. So it would be nice if some of the seasoned people would post some truths to educate some of these whipper snappers a bit.

Here's are basic rules the men/women need to know.

Ladies: Men want your body and we love to eat food ( I had to be specific).

For the Men: Women are drawn to power and money which basically comes down to security. No matter how independent they may act.

Ladies: Men don't consider love and sex have to go hand in hand.

Men: Women in most cases think love and sex go hand in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 AM

5,387 posts, read 6,512,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I've been reading some of these threads and it seems like some of the young men/women have no clue about men/women or relationships. So it would be nice if some of the seasoned people would post some truths to educate some of these whipper snappers a bit.

For the Men: Women are drawn to power and money which basically comes down to security. No matter how independent they may act.

And for those men and women who decide to break the rules, so to speak? There are always men and women who will "go against the grain", as described above

Some examples of exceptions to the rule:

1. "The Marrying Man": in a nutshell, men who are pre-maritally celibate and "want love", and yes, marriage. Not mere no-strings intimacy, not FWB, and not hooking up -- which are extremely poor imitations and mere shadows and illusions, of the real thing that he most desires (permanent and committed love and fidelity). Thus, casual / non-marital intimacy is anathema, and is unwanted and unpartaken of, even if offered by the opposite gender.

2. "The Total Sweetheart/Angel": The rare woman who has a compassionate, most loving heart of gold, who is never mean or has a harsh word to say about anyone. Loved and adored by all, she can touch everyone's hearts and minds, wherever she goes. But at the same time, mere power and money don't matter to her, either...she needs more than that, emotionally...

3. "The Sensitive Guy": emotions, feelings, and showing love and affection may be much more important to this kind of person, than to the average guy. He typically wants (and needs) much more, than just a woman's body. For him, love and intimacy may very well go hand in hand.

4. "The Shyer/Uber-sensitive/Soft-hearted Gal": perpetually sweet, kind, and non-aggressive; a total softie...why would she be attracted to a guy who is the polar opposite of her own personality characteristics? Doubtful too that a money and power would have much of an influence in her attractiveness to a guy, either...love and affection are what she needs...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-27-2012 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Typos

Old 01-27-2012, 11:27 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,757,872 times
One I like...

Women need to feel loved to have sex

Men need to have sex to feel loved

Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 AM

306 posts, read 532,227 times
My advice would be to listen to what the other person is telling to you. If a woman says she just wants to be friends, then that probably means that she just wants to be friends. If a man says he doesn't want a commitment, it probably means he doesn't want a commitment. Most of the time there isn't a secret hidden message.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:39 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,757,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestyn View Post
My advice would be to listen to what the other person is telling to you. If a woman says she just wants to be friends, then that probably means that she just wants to be friends. If a man says he doesn't want a commitment, it probably means he doesn't want a commitment. Most of the time there isn't a secret hidden message.
...it means, You are not 'the one'. No point in crying over it....fighting it....trying to figure out why.... Just move on. The sooner you do, the sooner you will find 'the one'.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:41 AM

526 posts, read 831,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
One I like...

Women need to feel loved to have sex

Men need to have sex to feel loved

I've always wondered how to find a happy medium in this. The men I've been dating dissapear after the third date because I did not give them any

Old 01-27-2012, 11:42 AM

526 posts, read 831,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestyn View Post
It means he doesn't want a commitment with YOU.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:03 PM

306 posts, read 532,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
It means he doesn't want a commitment with YOU.
Yes. Just move on and find someone else that wants what you want. Fussing and second guessing just drags it out.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 PM

3,662 posts, read 7,517,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post

Not always true.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:32 PM

6,662 posts, read 26,237,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I've always wondered how to find a happy medium in this. The men I've been dating dissapear after the third date because I did not give them any
Well, 25 years ago Cosmo and I think it was Maxim ran the same story as they were owned by the same mother company. Basically the story went that by the third date a woman should give some encouragement to keep the man calling.
Both stories were almost word for word the same. It suggested that a woman give oral or intercourse. It pointed out that men are expending time and money and there should be some return on the investment. All women know even before the first date if they are going to be physical with the man. If you are not going to be physical you are exploiting the man.
If you want to just be friends - split the tab equally. Men do not buy other men's dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships