U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 AM

22,453 posts, read 24,010,923 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned.

Nobody is wired to be a dick. It's bad behavior, pure and simple.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-26-2012 at 12:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 11:27 AM

16,025 posts, read 19,571,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I have a friend who does that, and it's really annoying to me. She even goes as far to take pictures of the "offending person" and post them on her facebook page for people to laugh at.

Totally immature and ridiculous.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I found out someone was taking pictures of me at the gym.
And she is still your friend???

Old 01-25-2012, 11:29 AM

940 posts, read 1,358,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
And she is still your friend???
Well, yes, but we're having a "rough time" right now. She's an old childhood friend, so I guess we're still friends by default.

I don't know what's going on with her, but in the last 6 - 8 months she's been kind of a mean spirited person (this is just one example of her behavior as of late). There's quite a bit of distance between us right now, because I don't really want to talk to her if all she's going to do is make fun of others - which is exactly what she seems to be doing a lot of lately. I feel like we're back in middle school again.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 AM

143 posts, read 324,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
Yesterday I was at the gym with my family. We usually work out 3-4 times a week.

While I was on the exercise bike, I could see these guys, 20 something guys doing weights. 2 ladies walk by. This one lady is quite fat with a huge 'bubble butt.'

One or two of the guys keep staring at her as she goes by and chortle and chuckle and make a bunch of rude comments back and forth.

I was so annoyed. I told my husband who felt the same way--we are all there to work out. At least this woman was trying to get healthy.

He said these guys will probably have beer guts by 30.

Anyhow, I think it's good to see all ages, races, and sizes working out.
Getting 'fit' is not just for 20 somethings or size 5s or marathon runners.

I laugh at bench/curl monkeys all the time.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:36 AM

822 posts, read 992,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEnterprises View Post
I laugh at bench/curl monkeys all the time.
I openly ridicule dudes who do curls in the squat rack and won't move when I want to squat.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:37 AM

2,327 posts, read 6,224,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
As a prime member of the axis of evil, even I don't laugh at fat people in the gym. They actually find a totally different, loveable and goody 2 shoes version of the online character

I've been mean to some dudes "a few memorable" incidents though.
Co-signed.

I actually saw a heavy in the gym last night working out by herself. It was obvious that she was new there and trying to orient herself with all the equipment. Once she got into her routine, though, she went at it hard and seemed really dedicated. I thought about giving her a word or two of encouragement, but decided against it because I didn't want to give the impression that I was just trying to make the fat girl feel good. I hope she sticks with it, though.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:39 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,708,310 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

A fat woman can exercise and diet to lose weight, but where are those two azzholes going to go to get a personality that doesn't stink to high heaven?

Like that creep character in the movie "Shallow Hal" They could have a third nipple or a vestigal tail for all we know, while they make a show of belittling women who haven't even bothered them.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-26-2012 at 01:00 PM..

Old 01-25-2012, 11:40 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,074,099 times
jerks.......I would have told the gym owner to have a little talk with them.

Just wait until they're in there 30's and they find out that they can't eat and drink anything they want anymore without getting a gut. I was built like a greek god in college and now I'm one of those guy with a set of guns sporting a little belly. A lot of guys that age don't understand things like getting older, child birth or having a real job.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,578,441 times
And here I thought grown adults go to the gym, keep justifying bad behavior kiddies.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:51 AM

3,695 posts, read 4,075,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Co-signed.

I actually saw a heavy in the gym last night working out by herself. It was obvious that she was new there and trying to orient herself with all the equipment. Once she got into her routine, though, she went at it hard and seemed really dedicated. I thought about giving her a word or two of encouragement, but decided against it because I didn't want to give the impression that I was just trying to make the fat girl feel good. I hope she sticks with it, though.
Maybe you can say something next time...I'm sure she has no delusions about her weight, so encouragement is a good thing. It was nice that it crossed your mind, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships