Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 12:15 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,285,120 times

Advertisements

Can someone please explain to me why the new years resolution crowd at the gym do not seem to actually own gym clothes? I go the gym all year round (never judge someone regardless of their weight) but seriously how the hell are you not getting burns on the inside of your thighs on a treadmill, bike or elliptical with jeans on?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 12:22 PM

370 posts, read 1,363,668 times
I don't know how people work out in jeans?

They aren't supposed to in our gym.

I usually wear sweats in winter/shorts in summer.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:29 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,831,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Can someone please explain to me why the new years resolution crowd at the gym do not seem to actually own gym clothes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
I don't know how people work out in jeans?
I saw someone yesterday working out in jeans and a nice sweater. Seriously people? I'm not trying to advocate making fun of people at the gym, but seriously?

Old 01-26-2012, 12:29 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,659,671 times

Last edited by HurricaneDC; 01-26-2012 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: No point in keeping this post up without context.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:53 PM

25 posts, read 23,869 times
Perhaps that's all their there for,just to snicker and stare.Besides that lady has nothing to be ashamed of,she's working on improving herself.I'd rather a big butt then a flat ass.Which are much more unattractive.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:04 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,436,458 times
This is why I work out in the mornings. Most people there just want to get in their workout and go to work. They don't care about what the next person looks like. They are there to GET FIT.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:45 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,346,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
This is why I work out in the mornings. Most people there just want to get in their workout and go to work. They don't care about what the next person looks like. They are there to GET FIT.
Used to have the same morning routine but changed jobs and now have to fight for weights or bench time with the roid heads at the gym.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:13 PM

526 posts, read 953,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
That's exactly why I get my workout done at 6:30am. I don't have to wait for any machines and don't have to deal with the meatheads staring and making disgusting sounds as they are trying to show up how strong they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Can someone please explain to me why the new years resolution crowd at the gym do not seem to actually own gym clothes? I go the gym all year round (never judge someone regardless of their weight) but seriously how the hell are you not getting burns on the inside of your thighs on a treadmill, bike or elliptical with jeans on?!?!
There are a few people that I see everyday walking in the park around my neighborhood with jeans. I can't wrap my head around it, especially in the summer!

But the worst ofenders, IMO, are the women who get dressed up with their matching outfits and make up. They just walk around flirting and stop the treadmill at the sign of any sweat. Me, on the other hand, I leave the gym soaked. I sweat like a pig, and that tells me that I am getting my money's worth

Old 01-26-2012, 04:37 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,588,215 times
Attitude from some of the gym rat meatheads is exactly why many people who may not be in greatest of shapes, or have all proper clothing or equipment, stay away from gyms. Funny enough, its the meatheads that deserve to be laughed at, since their entire life outside of work is usually concentrated on the gym and nothing else. Not to mention, most dont have a single clue as to how to effectively workout, since their entire workout consists of curls, bench presses and squats...lmao. They have likely hit a pletau a long time ago and are wasting their time trying to look "cool", building meathead muscles, which are repulsive to most women.

If these losers bother you as well, try power 90 or p90x, depending on your conditioning and current athletic level. You get to do these in your living room, wearing whatever you want in an amount of time that it notmaly would take to get to and from gym. If you commit and stick to the program, your results will surpass tenfold what most of the gymrats would ever dream to achieve in a gym, in the same amount of time, at a fraction of a cost. I did it, and got so many compliments only few months into it, that I was sick of receiving compliments. 61 lbs lost, great muscle tone, body fat cut in half and great athletic shape. No comparison.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,398,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
But the worst ofenders, IMO, are the women who get dressed up with their matching outfits and make up. They just walk around flirting and stop the treadmill at the sign of any sweat. Me, on the other hand, I leave the gym soaked. I sweat like a pig, and that tells me that I am getting my money's worth
Exactly. Why not just go to a nightclub, if they're going to do that?

What's worse is when they just sit there on the machines and gab. There were these two older ladies that used to come into the gym, full makeup and these sweatsuits with sequins and stuff all over them. They would sit there and just yapyapyap without any regard for anyone else that might have wanted to use those machines. There are signs about gym etiquette posted, but they really need to be in a more prominent place.

People are supposed to sweat and not really look their best at the gym. Otherwise, it's just a waste of membership money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships