Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:35 AM

297 posts, read 726,177 times

Advertisements

My best friend's wife cut her hair and dyed it.

He came home from work and did not notice it. So he is in trouble!

Then I went over to visit and I did not notice. And another guy showed up and he did not notice it either.

So we are all in big trouble with her!

Anyway I was wondering why exactly this is such a big deal with women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 11:39 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Well, did she drastically cut it, and was the dye a color that is opposite of her normal hair?

Sometimes people want to change something, usually it's a drastic change, for attention or just a different look.

I think she's going a bit far IMO. I think she might have a reason to say something to her husband, but friends probably don't see her everyday and naked.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Are you really in big trouble or is she just giving you guys a hard time? I would give my friends a hard time - as a joke - but I wouldn't really be mad. I might be a little upset inside though. If I drastically changed my hair and nobody noticed - it would feel like I was invisible or not worth the attention. A lot of importance is placed on how women look - and if you don't notice when they have done something that they feel is a big improvement - it's going to sting a bit. Just my 2 cents.

That being said - I change my hair a lot - from long to short to long to short, etc. So I don't blame my friends for not noticing since they are used to me with all different lengths. Now - my husband - well, he should notice and he almost always does!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:27 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,465,732 times
This should only be seen as proving that men care far more about inner beauty than surface appearances! Of course, trivial changes to appearance really do not matter.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:45 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,646,579 times
My husband shaved off his mustache after about 5yrs...I didn't notice,our kids didn't notice,people he worked with in the offices around him didn't notice...but one of the mechanics in the shop that my husband hardly knew took one look at him and said "Hey you shaved your mustache off"!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:53 PM

994 posts, read 1,681,364 times
Why are you in trouble? Did you forget to mention you had an opthamologist appointment today and due to the dilated saucers you're sporting you can't even tell apart a cactus from a mailman.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:28 PM

202 posts, read 472,692 times
I had just about the oposite experiance. My wife had beautiful long hair. All of a sudden she cut it short. I noticed right away and said that she looked great. I also said that I really liked it long the best and hoped she would let it grow out. That was about seven years ago and even though I have asked her to grow her hair long again and again, she won't.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:40 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,099,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1717Guy View Post
I had just about the oposite experiance. My wife had beautiful long hair. All of a sudden she cut it short. I noticed right away and said that she looked great. I also said that I really liked it long the best and hoped she would let it grow out. That was about seven years ago and even though I have asked her to grow her hair long again and again, she won't.
Since it is something YOU want, what are you willing to do for it? Long hair takes work. Or do you just ask her to do something - letting it grow - FOR YOU and think there's no extra work involved?

I had my hair cut 14 years ago - from shoulder length to quite short. My husband hated it and I wasn't crazy about that style. He asked me to let it grow and I did. It was well below my waist and I mentioned a trim. HE suggested just above my waist. It's now waist length again and he suggested another trim. But HE takes care of my hair. He brushes it every night before bed, puts it up so I don't have to worry about it getting caught under one of us, he will braid it when I ask, he colors it when I don't feel like going to get it done, and he shampoos it at least once a week. It's his responsibility because HE wants it long.

And I love how he takes care of my hair - it's quite sensual.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:46 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,958,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow4yield View Post
My best friend's wife cut her hair and dyed it.

He came home from work and did not notice it. So he is in trouble!

Then I went over to visit and I did not notice. And another guy showed up and he did not notice it either.

So we are all in big trouble with her!

Anyway I was wondering why exactly this is such a big deal with women?
Wouldn't happen with implants.. We men, well most of us just don't pay attention to stuff like new hair do's, cloths, etc..

Old 02-04-2012, 02:19 PM

370 posts, read 1,365,607 times
I just cut my (past shoulders) hair the other day. I was just sick of it after a long time having it long. Like Annie says, it is a lot of work to have long hair.
Also it was time for a change and I needed the 'dead bits' off.

My husband was NOT happy and kept saying I don't like it. But I don't like his hair super short (to cut out the grey he keeps it short). I don't make a big deal about it and after 20 years I can do what I want with my hair.

I think your friend's wife just wanted some male attention. Her husband should wake up and see maybe she needs a few more compliments. Women like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships