U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Can an alpha male be a nice guy?
No - except in rare circumstances 23 35.38%
Yes - it happens commonly, not rarely 42 64.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2012, 07:22 PM

3,974 posts, read 2,062,150 times
It's been explained numerous times in various ways already. I can't "get it" for you.

It seems many want to denigrate Alphas as an excuse for why they aren't one themselves....no need to justify yourself...just be happy being you...no one cares why!

Last edited by Cyborgt800; 02-09-2012 at 07:31 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 PM

73 posts, read 63,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
It's been explained numerous times in various ways already. I can't "get it" for you.

It seems many want to denigrate Alphas as an excuse for why they aren't one themselves....no need to justify yourself...just be happy being you...no one cares why!
you don't have to be a "good guy" to be alpha, it's entirely social dominance. just doing whatever you want is omega if you don't have high social value. also, it's a continuum. there's always someone more alpha unless you are an apex alpha. if an alpha enough guy crashed your family reunion the women in your family would flip if you told him to gtfo. walking away from a fight isn't alpha, the other guy backing down cause you have much more value in a given social setting (his fear of ostracization) or fear he'll get his arse kicked, is alpha.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 PM

5,926 posts, read 2,154,547 times
Quote:
Hit and run? You'll say I don't know the difference between "nice" and "good" (when I didn't even mention the word "good", btw), but can't explain what you meant?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM

4,442 posts, read 3,773,182 times
Yes. I've met some alpha males who are pretty deep down good guys. I mean, they've cheated and stuff, but they're pretty decent guys.

My best buddy is not an alpha male per se, but he's really good looking and a nice guy and got tons of tail in his heyday.

Really, the answer is ... if you're really good looking, then you can be really desirable and still be a nice guy.

If you're a guy who attracts women based on power or excitement, then probably not so much...

Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Yes. I've met some alpha males who are pretty deep down good guys. I mean, they've cheated and stuff, but they're pretty decent guys.

My best buddy is not an alpha male per se, but he's really good looking and a nice guy and got tons of tail in his heyday.

Really, the answer is ... if you're really good looking, then you can be really desirable and still be a nice guy.

If you're a guy who attracts women based on power or excitement, then probably not so much...
agree, but would like to add that looks will never do for a man what they will for a woman. money, power, and fame will never do for a woman what they will for a man.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 PM

3,974 posts, read 2,062,150 times
Default Too Dense!

Quote:
Hit and run? You'll say I don't know the difference between "nice" and "good" (when I didn't even mention the word "good", btw), but can't explain what you meant?
Err, all the information you need is in this thread....all laid out for you on a silver platter...all you gotta do is read it. I'm not gonna repeat everything here for you.

Go back and read, do your own research/observations or give up....quit whining about there not being enough answers to provide understanding though.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:03 PM

44,026 posts, read 53,989,860 times
Quote:
Err, all the information you need is in this thread....all laid out for you on a silver platter...all you gotta do is read it. I'm not gonna repeat everything here for you.

Go back and read, do your own research/observations or give up....quit whining about there not being enough answers to provide understanding though.
One of the dense neanderthals here sent me this on a rep comment :

A woman is really incoapable of describing or detailing the features that make an "Alpha" male, she's only capbale of responding to him. Another piece of evidence showing women clearly aren't equal to men.

I guess the more they whine the better they feel?

You sure wouldn't catch an alpha male talking like that.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:05 PM

9,400 posts, read 7,490,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Felson View Post
on average men who are incarcerated have more children than men who aren't, so lots of women must have loose screws or they see risk taking behavior as alpha regardless of the nobility of the man himself.
correlation != causation

on average men who are incarcerated are poor, and poor people tend to be less educated, and less educated people tend to reproduce more.

i'd rather be a law-abiding citizen who doesn't get much versus a criminal who gets laid all the time.

also lol at "walking away from a fight isn't alpha." just lol.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:35 PM

5,926 posts, read 2,154,547 times
Quote:

I'm quite sure no post in this thread (before the one I submitted) is going to tell me what I said that implied I don't know the difference between "nice" and "good".

Ya got nothing. You assumed something, perhaps? That's okay. Everyone has one of those "" moments where they do something embarrassing and just hate themselves for it

Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
correlation != causation

on average men who are incarcerated are poor, and poor people tend to be less educated, and less educated people tend to reproduce more.

i'd rather be a law-abiding citizen who doesn't get much versus a criminal who gets laid all the time.

also lol at "walking away from a fight isn't alpha." just lol.
i bet they have more kids than a poor law abiding citizen. and walking away isn't alpha, it's you getting punked by one. it's reactive, and it's not alpha to let $hit happen when you can control it. whst happens when he starts hitting on your girl, walk away? is that alpha?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships