U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Can an alpha male be a nice guy?
No - except in rare circumstances 23 35.38%
Yes - it happens commonly, not rarely 42 64.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 10:44 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,076,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, you seem to be confusing alpha males with the macho "Jersey Shore" types.

These are two completely different types of men.
This is the problem with labels. People tend to forget that there can be sub categories within each label. Not all alpha males are created equal.
Some are jerks and "lead" by bullying and some are natural born leaders who are able to lead with integrity. Some care about those around them, and some only care about getting those around them to follow their lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
So not only are we going to ignore that "alpha male" means "domineering" by definition; but we're going to suggest that being an alpha male isn't even a personality trait at all?
What dictionary are you using?
Perhaps people aren't "ignoring" your definition. Perhaps they just disagree with it.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Ehh, who cares what a bitter follower has to say anyways. They'll never raise their voice or do anything for themselves, just let people push them around. Should be the least of anyone's worries. Let them sit in the corner while the rest of the world passes them by.
A person who chooses not to lead is not necessarily a mindless follower. Sometimes they actually choose to follow and sometimes they carefully choose WHO they will follow.

Leaders couldn't be leaders if they had nobody to follow them right? So, I don't see the point at attempting to put followers down. If you are only able to lead bitter followers who let you push them around, then you don't have much of a "team" and you aren't much of a leader.
Assuming you believe yourself to be a leader.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I come back two days later and this thread is still going?

Lame.

You came back to a thread you fine lame to days later just to say that? REALLY lame.

By the way. The rep mark was me accidentaly hitting the wrong button so don't get an inflated ego over it.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:51 PM

3,994 posts, read 2,392,787 times
Default Pfft!

I think this conversation will continue in circles until everyone agrees on the definitions...which will never happen, mostly because a lot of people need to rely on flip-flopping labels to suit their arguments when they are in a corner.

The big problem comes with confusing the traits of the following;

Good guy VS Nice guy
Alpha VS Asshat
Assertive VS Domineering

Eh, there are too many others and I have no desire or need to convince anyone about anything...I know the difference and am content with it...those that don't probably don't want to or simply can't comprehend it. It would be an exercise in futility to bother with them.

I choose to end my interactions with those whom are obtuse...I guess that makes me an a$$hole!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:27 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,096,139 times
An alpha male can be a good man. That's all he needs to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships