Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

I'm in debt up to my eyeballs... - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:52 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
I know he has a ton of expenses, but whose problem is that???

Will he die if he can't take the Swiss vacation he planned?

I on the other hand was wondering where I was going to live just a month ago, on my co-worker's couch.

I don't want to hear about him forfeiting an overseas vacation.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:54 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I know he has a ton of expenses, but whose problem is that???

Will he die if he can't take the Swiss vacation he planned?

I on the other hand was wondering where I was going to live just a month ago, on my co-worker's couch.

I don't want to hear about him forfeiting an overseas vacation.

The problem here, is that you're complaining about a friend who puts himself in these situations and then complains about it......

Aren't you the one putting yourself in these situations hanging out with these kind of people and then complaining about it?

Old 02-17-2012, 08:56 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
I know this is a matter of perception, but I'm tired of hearing my friend whine about money. He's in his late thirties and is a single man making 200K with plenty saved and property in several states that he rents out. He's not rich but he's better off than a lot of people. Meanwhile our mutual friend and I (who he also whines to) are busting our asses just trying to pay our rent. We discuss this all the time. He takes 8K vacations and complains about how broke he is when he comes back. He will lose 20K in the stock market and sit in Penn Station crying (LITERALLY), asking me how he can afford his next drink. He permanently damaged his relationship with our mutual friend because she owed him 100 bucks (!) after her wallet got stolen and it took her 3 weeks to pay him back, and he wouldn't stop hounding her. Meanwhile he was bragging to her about taking girls on 2K dinners. Does he not understand how galling that is?

Should I outrightly tell him this behavior is really putting me off? Because I've hinted but I think I need to be more direct.
Burgler09 Great post!! couldn't rep you
Why would you remain friends w/ someone that has so many despicable qualities and is so insensitive. I wouldn't be able to be around someone like that. There are so many folks in this world that have so many needs, including yourself....Why bother w/ explaining it to him, what would be the point.

Last edited by JanND; 02-17-2012 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: added words

Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
This guy is nuts.
And he needs to take control of his spending. Seriously.
He has a very screwed up relationship with money.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:00 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Here's what you tell him:

Quote:
I I'm tired of hearing you whine about money. You're in your late thirties and a single man making 200K with plenty saved and property in several states that you rent out. You may not be rich but you're better off than a lot of people. Meanwhile our mutual friend, who you also whine to, and I are busting our asses just trying to pay our rent. We discuss this all the time. You take 8K vacations and complain about how broke you are when you come back. You lose 20K in the stock market and sit in Penn Station crying (LITERALLY), asking me how you can afford your next drink. You permanently damaged your relationship with our mutual friend because she owed you 100 bucks (!) after her wallet got stolen and it took her 3 weeks to pay you back, and you didn't stop hounding her. Meanwhile you were bragging to her about taking girls on 2K dinners. Do you not understand how galling that is?

Aw, cry me a river!
Then come back and tell us how he reacted!

Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Aren't you the one putting yourself in these situations hanging out with these kind of people and then complaining about it?
If there weren't people in voluntary relationships with others with issues, there wouldn't be a "Relationships" forum.

Ridic.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Here's what you tell him:

Then come back and tell us how he reacted!
Ha! Great!

Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Would be nice if the guy existed. Like the Jewish rapper.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:10 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Sounds like a man lost in the BS of what constitutes a man, all of the false goals and silly nonsense.

Plus a pinhead to boot.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships