U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:58 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,823,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It's one thing that we all take little jabs at each other, but getting personal is too much. Rolling with the punches is one thing when joking around. My skin is pretty thick or if it wasn't I would of done something to him by now. In the end I'm only human & you can only tolerate so much. So I keep letting him taking personal shots at me. Got it!
Yes let him keep making a idiot of himself........ he probably drinks far too much too............... and keeps going on about being gay.......... plenty of these insecure idiots everywhere....... don't bring yourself down to his level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 03:11 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,912,344 times
Quote:
He is VERY screwed up. Like I said before there are nights he's fine untill the last couple of weeks. Some others have had problems with him as well.
Maybe ask him if he's going through something? Ask him if he'd like to talk about it instead of lashing out at everyone else?

Like I said - happy people don't put others down like that.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:11 PM

14,089 posts, read 8,990,310 times
I LOVE game nights and I'm sorry that yours have become such an ordeal. Do you play running charades??? That's my favorite game ever![/quote]

The games we play are things like, Apples to Apples, Scene it? Catch Phrase, In A Pickle. Board games, etc.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:

The games we play are things like, Apples to Apples, Scene it? Catch Phrase, In A Pickle. Board games, etc.
You should play running charades.

Last edited by Dewdroplet76; 02-19-2012 at 03:42 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 03:38 PM

297 posts, read 640,832 times
Real life is not like a movie or video game...

When you physically attack someone, there can be expensive medical damages/costs and legal problems which can take 6 months to many years to deal with. I have seen this many times. It is not worth it. And those who have been in these fights are the first to say "It takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight."

As for medical, one tooth knocked out can cost $1,000.00 at a dentist or more to fix. And it does not matter who is right/wrong, BOTH people get injured! And for the person doing the punching, a broken thumb can take many months to heal. Broken ribs 6 months. Medical bills can be thousands of dollars.

Then the WORST thing about the legal system is the waiting! Going to jail overnight is no biggie. Being sentenced to a few days of jail and community service is no biggie. BUT being forced to pay thousands of dollars and having that garnished from your pay check is no fun.

And the court cases can take 6 months or longer to come to trial. The waiting is excruciating! You have no idea what the outcome will be. How it will affect your life. Waiting for your case is a torture in and of itself! You also have restrictions on travel during this time.

Anyway it would be WISE to avoid punching anyone. Instead take the guy aside and just talk with him for a half hour or so. Let him know what your feelings are about his ridicule. Explain that it makes you mad and you feel like punching him. And say you want to avoid that, thus the reason you are talking to him. 99% chance that will stop it in its tracks!

If he will not listen to reason and continues to ridicule you. Get up and leave the next time he does that. The group of people will clearly see he should not be doing that and eventually ask HIM to leave, if he persists.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow4yield View Post
Real life is not like a movie or video game...

When you physically attack someone, there can be expensive medical damages/costs and legal problems which can take 6 months to many years to deal with. I have seen this many times. It is not worth it. And those who have been in these fights are the first to say "It takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight."

As for medical, one tooth knocked out can cost $1,000.00 at a dentist or more to fix. And it does not matter who is right/wrong, BOTH people get injured! And for the person doing the punching, a broken thumb can take many months to heal. Broken ribs 6 months. Medical bills can be thousands of dollars.

Then the WORST thing about the legal system is the waiting! Going to jail overnight is no biggie. Being sentenced to a few days of jail and community service is no biggie. BUT being forced to pay thousands of dollars and having that garnished from your pay check is no fun.

And the court cases can take 6 months or longer to come to trial. The waiting is excruciating! You have no idea what the outcome will be. How it will affect your life. Waiting for your case is a torture in and of itself! You also have restrictions on travel during this time.

Anyway it would be WISE to avoid punching anyone. Instead take the guy aside and just talk with him for a half hour or so. Let him know what your feelings are about his ridicule. Explain that it makes you mad and you feel like punching him. And say you want to avoid that, thus the reason you are talking to him. 99% chance that will stop it in its tracks!

If he will not listen to reason and continues to ridicule you. Get up and leave the next time he does that. The group of people will clearly see he should not be doing that and eventually ask HIM to leave, if he persists.

I've been in enough fights to have that in the back of my mind before anything happaned. I was temped to just scare the guy into watching his mouth.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I've been in enough fights to have that in the back of my mind before anything happaned. I was temped to just scare the guy into watching his mouth.
Well nothing wrong with that!

Old 02-19-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Well nothing wrong with that!

I'll admit it's not the adult thing to do but this guy doesn't take hints to well. And honestly it's worked before it's sad when you have to step DOWN to someone else's level to get your point across.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I'll admit it's not the adult thing to do but this guy doesn't take hints to well. And honestly it's worked before it's sad when you have to step DOWN to someone else's level to get your point across.
Well the best thing is communication. Gay guys have a very "open" and insulting way of kidding and joking around. Straight guys are different.

Some gay guys have never dated women and have never been in a straight bar. Thus the only way they know how to behave is by what they have learned in the gay bars.

So you are both right in a sense.

He just needs to learn how to behave around straight guys.

And you should not be expected to change your behavior. You are in the right. But it would be good if you could somehow communicate to him that the way he is behaving is upsetting to you. (As it would be to other straight guys.)

Hope it all works out!

Old 02-19-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Well the best thing is communication. Gay guys have a very "open" and insulting way of kidding and joking around. Straight guys are different.

Some gay guys have never dated women and have never been in a straight bar. Thus the only way they know how to behave is by what they have learned in the gay bars.

So you are both right in a sense.

He just needs to learn how to behave around straight guys.

And you should not be expected to change your behavior. You are in the right. But it would be good if you could somehow communicate to him that the way he is behaving is upsetting to you. (As it would be to other straight guys.)

Hope it all works out!

Um... Do you know any gay guys - because your post is way off the mark. I mean WAY OFF. I don't think this has anything to do with gay men or straight men - this guy just happens to be a jerk. I have many, many gay friends - and your post doesn't even make any sense to me at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or