U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
miu

17,105 posts, read 34,570,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Um... Do you know any gay guys - because your post is way off the mark. I mean WAY OFF. I don't think this has anything to do with gay men or straight men - this guy just happens to be a jerk. I have many, many gay friends - and your post doesn't even make any sense to me at all.
Ummm.... what gay guys do you know? I'd say that the majority of gay guys I know are quite openly catty in social situations. More like high schools girls imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 04:19 PM

14,108 posts, read 9,011,437 times
Reaches for his popcorn.

This guy that I'm having issues with is straight acting to some extent unless he see's a guy he thinks is cute. The he's ALL about how gay he is. Anytime there is a new guy coming his first question is, Is he cute & gay? He is young but there are other gay guys there who you would never know they were gay. He is very
immature which is part of his problem.

Last edited by reed067; 02-19-2012 at 04:29 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 04:31 PM
miu

17,105 posts, read 34,570,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Reaches for his popcorn.
Oh really? Then go ahead and defend the gays you know, but I see what I see and there are lots of gay men in the Boston area to observe.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Oh really? Then go ahead and defend the gays you know, but I see what I see and there are lots of gay men in the Boston area to observe.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM

8,680 posts, read 13,276,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
One of my best friends has game night every Sat. The last few month or so there has been a new person at game night. I have many gays friends male/female. It turns out that this guy is gay for the past few weeks he's been making sure that I know I he is NOT intrested in me by insulting me in front of my friends. For those who don't know me I am straight. I let it slide the first couple of times. The person who has game night at her place told the guy that he needs to stop it or I'm going to punch him in the mouth. Out of respect for my friend & the fact that it is her place I kept my mouth shut. The old me would of broke his nose in front of everyone not respecting my friends house. The question is how do I handle this without punching this guy in the mouth?
Handle it the same way you'd handle anyone else making rude comments to you. I would say, "Are you always this rude and insulting to people you don't know very well? There is no need for it. If you have a problem with me, you need to talk to me about it, instead of acting out with childish insults and making everyone here feel uncomfortable."

Old 02-19-2012, 04:38 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,958,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Ummm.... what gay guys do you know? I'd say that the majority of gay guys I know are quite openly catty in social situations. More like high schools girls imo.
Actually - one of my best friends is gay. He's not catty at all. I have many gay friends - some are catty but most are not. I typically don't surround myself with catty people - gay or straight. Gay people are really just people - they have all different personalities.

I don't think the OP intended this as a gay bashing thread - and I'm assuming he'd appreciate it if it doesn't turn into one. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:45 PM

16,574 posts, read 28,698,903 times
To the OP: Why not just to avoid a confrontation? The easiest way is not to attend the event (game) all together, for your friend should have already intervened on your behalf. Not only that, but the one you should handle is your friend, not the friend of your friend.

The whole thing sounds like a soap opera, or something one would see in "Desperate Housewives"

Old 02-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't think the OP intended this as a gay bashing thread - and I'm assuming he'd appreciate it if it doesn't turn into one. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed this is not a gay bashing thread And out of respect for my gay friends, and gays in general I'd like to keep it that way.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 PM

297 posts, read 641,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
...The whole thing sounds like a soap opera, or something one would see in "Desperate Housewives"
Us guys demand "equal rights" to have our own "soap operas"!

Old 02-20-2012, 12:26 AM

16,574 posts, read 28,698,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow4yield View Post
Us guys demand "equal rights" to have our own "soap operas"!
Quite funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or